Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

DManRightHere

I will be unhappy if this completes in 2016 with no new film...when is asia disney supposed to open? People said we would likely get a new film after them?

Mouse_Trap

Looks like the Soarin' expansion is actually happening. Permit filed for the address of Soarin' with the description "Add facility to existing attraction - Project 87". Main contractor is PCL construction services who is the one doing Disney Springs and some of the hotel room rehabs. Expiration is 9/30/2016.

Almost 2 years to add a new theatre* to an almost 15 year old C/D ticket attraction, not to mention all the work already completed over the last 9 months clearing the land.
By contrast, USO went from Jaws ride operating to the opening of Gringotts in 2 years 6 months!

Yes, I know the permit expiration doesn't necessarily give you the completion date - but it is a guide.

Bolt

Almost 2 years to add a new theatre* to an almost 15 year old C/D ticket attraction, not to mention all the work already completed over the last 9 months clearing the land.
By contrast, USO went from Jaws ride operating to the opening of Gringotts in 2 years 6 months!

Yes, I know the permit expiration doesn't necessarily give you the completion date - but it is a guide.
I'm excited for a third theater. It's an attraction I always skip because of the wait.

tigger1968

You seem surprised at this.... ;)

Progress.City

What did Spirit just report for HS?
His insiders told him HS is getting a 5-year multi-phased redo and expansion project. Budget is about equal to what DCA 2.0. It will include not only a SW land, but also a version of RSR (not a clone of it) and the Toy Story mini-land that WDSP got.

PhotoDave219

Yay finally real news!!!

This isn't exactly new news to most of us.

This is been rumored and confirmed to a point for several months now.

And for everyone who has pie-in-the-sky hopes for this, I would not expect the new film for quite some time… if ever.

The current ride has everything going for it. It has all of its numbers. It has fantastic gassed response and has had ridiculous demand for nine years now. Which naturally would lead management to conclude that "new changes are necessary"…

Progress.City

The same thing a bunch of us have been speculating: a five year, DCA style makeover. (*This does not include Star Wars)
Wait... I thought it did... SW is still coming but it's being budgeted as a seperate project... Any way, that's what I got out of what Spirit said. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Progress.City

This isn't exactly new news to most of us.

This is been rumored and confirmed to a point for several months now.

And for everyone who has pie-in-the-sky hopes for this, I would not expect the new film for quite some time… if ever.

The current ride has everything going for it. It has all of its numbers. It has fantastic gassed response and has had ridiculous demand for nine years now. Which naturally would lead management to conclude that "new changes are necessary"…
Yes, I know, but now something tangible. Not just words any more!

Little Green Men

Weren't they filming a finale for WDW's Soarin' or did that never actually happen?

PhotoDave219

Wait... I thought it did... SW is still coming but it's being budgeted as a seperate project... Any way, that's what I got out of what Spirit said. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thats exactly what I meant. SW is not part of the coming project but is a separate project farther down the road that is not worth getting one's hopes up for anytime soon.

Because? Profits! We sure can't try and capture fans of the 40+ year saga that still remains relevant to society today with more films on the way, right?

SirLink

Thats exactly what I meant. SW is not part of the coming project but is a separate project farther down the road that is not worth getting one's hopes up for anytime soon.

Because? Profits! We sure can't try and capture fans of the 40+ year saga that still remains relevant to society today with more films on the way, right?

Thanks Dave gives me literally no reason to care about HS - but one quick question Spirit said the focus was on Cars, Toys and Stars ... so between him saying that what has changed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom