Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

GrumpyFan

Great to hear that they're going forward with this. Not to blow my own horn, but I really wish they would consider a new/alternative design for this addition. I think the original design could be vastly improved and achieve almost double thru-put by having an overhead track system with two carriages alternately feeding into the screen room. While one is in the load position, the other could be in the view position.
It might look something like this:

soarin_fastload_rail1.png

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

Great to hear that they're going forward with this. Not to blow my own horn, but I really wish they would consider a new/alternative design for this addition. I think the original design could be vastly improved and achieve almost double thru-put by having an overhead track system with two carriages alternately feeding into the screen room. While one was in the load position, the other would be in the view position.

That's brilliant!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Great to hear that they're going forward with this. Not to blow my own horn, but I really wish they would consider a new/alternative design for this addition. I think the original design could be vastly improved and achieve almost double thru-put by having an overhead track system with two carriages alternately feeding into the screen room. While one was in the load position, the other would be in the view position.

I think your overhead track is a problem. Have you seen the size of the structure that suspends the ride system. I don't see that moving anywhere. I think the complexities of having it move would be an issue.

GrumpyFan

I think your overhead track is a problem. Have you seen the size of the structure that suspends the ride system. I don't see that moving anywhere. I think the complexities of having it move would be an issue.

Hmm, good point. The weight would be a big problem with an overhead track design and utilizing the same sized carriage system. A smaller carriage might be necessary.

Or maybe a similar design with a floor track? Push/pull the carriages (seats) into a room that descends in front of a screen.

Last edited:

SirLink

At this point I wish they could just gut Soarin ride system and place Vekoma's Panoramic Flight Simulator in its place.

Progress.City

Between this and what Spirit just reported for HS, it sounds like the recent drought in new attraction construction could become a very welcome flood! Could be the huge profits they just reported or the fact that MM+ development has finally wrapped up or because FLE is finally finished or a combo of each!

Kman101

Between this and what Spirit just reported for HS, it sounds like the recent drought in new attraction construction could become a very welcome flood! Could be the huge profits they just reported or the fact that MM+ development has finally wrapped up or because FLE is finally finished or a combo of each!

They really had no choice but to do SOMETHING with DHS.

Kman101

I still wish they would have put Soarin' into its own pavilion, as the building really sits between/behind The Land and Imagination anyway. Having a whole Aviation pavilion like a mini Smithsonian air and space museum would be awesome

But that makes sense!

And I would love it.

They completely missed the boat on an aviation pavilion.

Any chance we get a new queue with this? PLEASE? LOL

Magic Feather

I still wish they would have put Soarin' into its own pavilion, as the building really sits between/behind The Land and Imagination anyway. Having a whole Aviation pavilion like a mini Smithsonian air and space museum would be awesome
Does this mean we can relocate mission space, and bring back Horizons?:coldfeet:

djkidkaz

What did Spirit just report for HS?

PhotoDave219

Looks like the Soarin' expansion is actually happening. Permit filed for the address of Soarin' with the description "Add facility to existing attraction - Project 87". Main contractor is PCL construction services who is the one doing Disney Springs and some of the hotel room rehabs. Expiration is 9/30/2016.

Correct. Glad we have paperwork to back up what I've been saying for 6 weeks

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I wish they'd put the entrance in World Showcase instead of The Land. If the rumored Soarin over the World takes place, doesnt it seem to fit well over there? Just reroute the queue.

And if that happened to allow for the triumphant return of certain singing food products, I wouldn't complain either.

Kman101

The same thing a bunch of us have been speculating: a five year, DCA style makeover. (*This does not include Star Wars)

Thank you for frequently reminding everyone Star Wars isn't included in that, and is separate.

Which I'm hopeful about and it's hopefully slightly encouraging that they're separate.

Soarin' should have been built with three theaters to begin with. They're only doing what should have been done. Instead of spending money first, they spend money later. Hello ...

Fox&Hound

The same thing a bunch of us have been speculating: a five year, DCA style makeover. (*This does not include Star Wars)

Wait?!? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...but the expansion rumors for HS and the 1.___ billion dollars is just for the rumored toy story, cars, and other aesthetics? Or, did I read this wrong?

Thanks for all of the info you provide. I really appreciate it =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom