Soarin' at Epcot

walt-sent-me

Original Poster
does anyone know if the WDW version of soarin' is a direct clone of the one at california adventure, or is it larger? i cannot imagine it being smaller.

brisem

I think there was a thread about a week ago and it stated it's a clone but it could be changed in a few years.

WDWFREAK53

Are you talking about the attraction or the building it's housed in?

The attraction is a direct clone. The building appears larger in WDW's version because in DCA's version...the attraction itself is sunk into the ground. The water table in Florida is so high that they have little room to dig down...so they build on top of ground level instead of digging down to "sink" the building.

walt-sent-me

Original Poster
i was referring to the actual attraction set-up: building size, capacity, ride mechanism, etc. there's been plenty of discussion here on wdwmagic about the film and theme of the experience. in most of the pictures online the building looks larger than the dca one.

SpenceMan01

In that case, I'd refer to the post above that mentions DCA's version being dug into the ground. That's probably why it looks bigger. I dunno the details of the ride mech, capacity, etc.

walt-sent-me

Original Poster
thanks for the info everyone.

istc,
do you know how long the soarin' experience lasts? i hear it's pretty incredible. hoping the attraction will be open when i return in march of 2005.

DigitalDisney

The base building should exactly the same size. As already mentioned, their building appears smaller because it is partially underground.

Our whole experience will be significantly larger than theirs is. Keep in mind that, in addition to the theaters, we also get the entire Food Rocks area plus all of the walkways, halls, buildings that connect the main pavilion building to the new Soarin building.

It should be very exciting when it's all done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom