So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

PerGron

I guess that’s the best summary of this season lol (it applies to me)
Clap Applause GIF

spacemt354

Chili's
Legacy: A Disney Park Review

Starting off with the map, it's beautiful. @OSUPhantom I think this is your best map yet. Taking the yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy concept in order to distinguish the lands of the park was also a wonderful idea. It kept the focus on nostalgia Disney while also breaking things up in a reasonable fashion to allow a myriad of different attractions under one roof.

The Mickey Mouse entrance with the Carolwood Pacific and everything was brilliant. I think this naturalistic entrance is such a great way to separate itself from other Magic Kingdom style parks. For instance, in my head trying to organize this park, I was going to put the Streets of America as the 'Main Street', but I really like this a lot better.

The Museum aspect was also well laid out with popping visuals and a good flow that focused on some of the best creative minds at WDI. One of the potentially awkward attractions of the park I think turned into something that instead is the heart and soul of what the park represents - Legacy.

One Man's Wish as a fireworks show made me think of Wishes which is never a bad thing (that's my favorite MK fireworks show).

Transitioning into the World of Yesterday, I love the Boston inspiration behind the entrance way. As a former Bostonian, it captured the essence of the New England seaside town so well and I have always wanted to see a New England town in a Disney stateside park.

I also really enjoy how American history was incorporated into this almost as if you are walking through time, a great way to transition from one aspect to the next. Even as so far as Hollywoodland and The Great Movie Ride. I was hoping that could be included somewhere and this is a great way to do that. Mixed with the World's Fair - this World of Yesterday is almost a blend of Epcot, Frontierland, and MGM Studios, which is a mashup I did not expect to be so well put together!

For the World of Fantasy, this has @Pi on my Cake 's innovation written all over it. From the divided lands of Myth, Hollywood, and Wild Dreams - each one feels cohesive enough to stand on its own while at the same time transitions well from one to the other. Love seeing Maelstrom taking the reigns as one of the highlight attractions of the Mythical section. At first I was wondering if the Hollywood section would have been repetitive with the World of Yesterday, but I didn't think it did as the focus was more on Backlot and other various things like Superstar Limo, another highlight.

The map is also very well done - colorful and bright it fits the World of Fantasy perfectly.

Moving on to the World of Tomorrow by @Tegan pilots a chicken , and I love how the custom pavilion logos and map make this feel almost like a park within a park. Starting with CommuniCore, this was a great way to have an indoor interactive area that would lend to all ages, with restaurants, shops, etc. It also differentiated itself from the original enough so that it could stand on its own.

For example
1680196415146.png

The rest of the land is in many ways an EPCOT Center fan's utopia. It incorporates much of the long gone aspects of the original years of EPCOT such as Horizons, Symbiosis, and much more, all written by someone who truly has a passion for that era of the park. Nevertheless, there are many aspects of this project that stand on their own and in this time-period, such as the contortion of Adventures Thru Inner Space into an Ant-Man attraction. And while there aren't many thrills or E-tickets to show for as mentioned, I think that works to the land's advantage as you really use the space to explore and be immersed in the environments rather than go from thrill to thrill.

Overall, when the jury was asked to pick the top 3 for the finals, ironically I picked all 3 of you! So, needless to say everyone here has earned their spot in my eyes. Thanks for a terrific concluding project to the season!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Legacy: A Disney Park Review

Starting off with the map, it's beautiful. @OSUPhantom I think this is your best map yet. Taking the yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy concept in order to distinguish the lands of the park was also a wonderful idea. It kept the focus on nostalgia Disney while also breaking things up in a reasonable fashion to allow a myriad of different attractions under one roof.

The Mickey Mouse entrance with the Carolwood Pacific and everything was brilliant. I think this naturalistic entrance is such a great way to separate itself from other Magic Kingdom style parks. For instance, in my head trying to organize this park, I was going to put the Streets of America as the 'Main Street', but I really like this a lot better.

The Museum aspect was also well laid out with popping visuals and a good flow that focused on some of the best creative minds at WDI. One of the potentially awkward attractions of the park I think turned into something that instead is the heart and soul of what the park represents - Legacy.

One Man's Wish as a fireworks show made me think of Wishes which is never a bad thing (that's my favorite MK fireworks show).

Transitioning into the World of Yesterday, I love the Boston inspiration behind the entrance way. As a former Bostonian, it captured the essence of the New England seaside town so well and I have always wanted to see a New England town in a Disney stateside park.

I also really enjoy how American history was incorporated into this almost as if you are walking through time, a great way to transition from one aspect to the next. Even as so far as Hollywoodland and The Great Movie Ride. I was hoping that could be included somewhere and this is a great way to do that. Mixed with the World's Fair - this World of Yesterday is almost a blend of Epcot, Frontierland, and MGM Studios, which is a mashup I did not expect to be so well put together!

For the World of Fantasy, this has @Pi on my Cake 's innovation written all over it. From the divided lands of Myth, Hollywood, and Wild Dreams - each one feels cohesive enough to stand on its own while at the same time transitions well from one to the other. Love seeing Maelstrom taking the reigns as one of the highlight attractions of the Mythical section. At first I was wondering if the Hollywood section would have been repetitive with the World of Yesterday, but I didn't think it did as the focus was more on Backlot and other various things like Superstar Limo, another highlight.

The map is also very well done - colorful and bright it fits the World of Fantasy perfectly.

Moving on to the World of Tomorrow by @Tegan pilots a chicken , and I love how the custom pavilion logos and map make this feel almost like a park within a park. Starting with CommuniCore, this was a great way to have an indoor interactive area that would lend to all ages, with restaurants, shops, etc. It also differentiated itself from the original enough so that it could stand on its own.

For example
View attachment 707448

The rest of the land is in many ways an EPCOT Center fan's utopia. It incorporates much of the long gone aspects of the original years of EPCOT such as Horizons, Symbiosis, and much more, all written by someone who truly has a passion for that era of the park. Nevertheless, there are many aspects of this project that stand on their own and in this time-period, such as the contortion of Adventures Thru Inner Space into an Ant-Man attraction. And while there aren't many thrills or E-tickets to show for as mentioned, I think that works to the land's advantage as you really use the space to explore and be immersed in the environments rather than go from thrill to thrill.

Overall, when the jury was asked to pick the top 3 for the finals, ironically I picked all 3 of you! So, needless to say everyone here has earned their spot in my eyes. Thanks for a terrific concluding project to the season!
Thank you as always for your kind words and the review!! I’m happy to see the rock wall was discovered!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'd like to give a big congrats to the official winner of the season, @Pi on my Cake! @OSUPhantom and @Tegan pilots a chicken were amazing 2nd and 3rd place finalists respectively. With the tie 3-3-1 vote and Tegan ultimately crowning the winner, I genuinely couldn't ask for a better way to round out not only this season, but the legacy of "So, You Want to be an Imagineer" as a whole. Make no mistake, I WILL host again. That being said, I don't think there's going to be a better time to retire the main game. We don't want to be like Survivor and desperately be trying to pull out different PoMVP ideas just to keep the game spicy. This is a great example of ending on a high note.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'd like to give a big congrats to the official winner of the season, @Pi on my Cake! @OSUPhantom and @Tegan pilots a chicken were amazing 2nd and 3rd place finalists respectively. With the tie 3-3-1 vote and Tegan ultimately crowning the winner, I genuinely couldn't ask for a better way to round out not only this season, but the legacy of "So, You Want to be an Imagineer" as a whole. Make no mistake, I WILL host again. That being said, I don't think there's going to be a better time to retire the main game. We don't want to be like Survivor and desperately be trying to pull out different PoMVP ideas just to keep the game spicy. This is a great example of ending on a high note.
Such a fun time! Such a fun season! It was really great getting to work with everyone again and make some really dumb stuff!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom