So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

Disney Dad 3000

Can I get a copy of that picture I can use for the podcast thumbnail?
yondu_poppins_by_as_obu_dbbdimo-350t.jpg

Edit: Ah, you were looking for the broadway pic, I think you have it, but just in case

Times Square.JPG

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Five: Dollywood After Dark (Rides)
View attachment 695409

Over the past couple decades, Dolly Parton's Pigeon Forge theme park has transformed itself into one of the most talked about destinations in the world for thrillseekers and families alike. The park has a great collection of thrill coasters such as the crowd pleasing scenic glory of Wild Eagle and the infamous Lightning Rod that give it a small but really well rounded lineup. In the dark ride department the park offers the Blazing Fury which is a great old school Knott's style ride with an intense drop at the end, and Mystery Mine which has the same function as Tower of Terror being an heavily themed looming icon of the park. Both of these are technically coasters, leaving the park with no true signature dark ride. That's where you come in!

For this project, teams must design a new extreme thrill coaster as well as an E ticket dark ride for Dollywood. While the realism won't be as critical this round as the Avatar project since I'm guessing very few if any of the cast have actually been here, I'll still be expecting some level of care and research with what locations you use. The two attractions do not have to be next to each other or have their themes tied in, but they should be used as a launchpad for the next phase of the park's expansion after the 2023 opening of the Big Bear Mountain family coaster in Wildwood Grove. Good luck teams, this project is due Thursday, February 2nd at 11:59PM Eastern.​

goofyyukyuk

One of the big announcements in the podcast this week was that Space was given the key to Walt's Vault by Tegan, and he chose to open it! Inside, he found the Express POMVP, which grants him or someone of his choice immunity for the next two projects, guaranteeing them to make the merge. Space chose to reward the person who sent him the key and gave @Tegan pilots a chicken the Express POMVP! Congratulations for being the first member of our cast to make the merge, Tegan! Of course, there is still the Diamond POMVP (and possibly several fakes) still somewhere in the cast, waiting to be used...

Additionally, congratulations to Team Nu-Eisner for winning this round and to @Pi on my Cake for winning POMVP! Pi joins Tegan as being guaranteed to make the jury, as everyone in the top 10 is guaranteed to at least be on the jury, and we will eliminate the 11th place cast member at the end of this project.

Finally, we want to thank @Imagineer Brandon for his contributions to this season as he has been eliminated and finishes SYWTBAI 20 in 12th place. You had a really strong game and had several things that you did extremely well, it's just very tough to make it in this all-star season without a few major standout moments, and you were also facing two very good players in Lizzy and OSU for elimination. We wish you all the best and hope to see you continue developing as a valuable member of the Imagineering forums!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom