So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

monkey92514

I love how you're both really into metalcore and are a huge Swiftie 🤣 🤣
You know who else is a huge Swifty?

1674683948820.png

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
5. Panic ( pre viva- Bren's voice is clearly hurting and it makes my theater side cringe)
What are your thoughts on Pretty. Odd? I think it's tragically under-rated.

Was Viva pre or post Frozen 2? I'm asking because their cover of Into the Unknown might be my absolute favorite Panic! track. At the very least it's easily the best pop cover of a Disney song they've put over the end credits IMO.

JokersWild

Mine is mostly indie/folk with some classic rock thrown in there for good measure

1. Eagles
2. Creedence Clearwater Revival
3. Noah Kahan
4. Houndmouth
5. Jukebox the Ghost
6. Benjamin Dakota Rogers
7. The Lumineers
8. Caamp
9. The Growlers
10. Jack Stauber
11. Queen
12. Mumford & Sons
13. The Backseat Lovers
14. Birds of Bellwoods
15. Vance Joy
How have we never talked about Jack Stauber? Or Jukebox the Ghost for that matter, but I really love Jack Stauber and everything he does.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Top five are most played from Spotify, rest is just my picks.
  1. Michael Giacchino
  2. Danny Elfman
  3. Hans Zimmer
  4. John Williams
  5. Brian Tyler
  6. James Horner
  7. Jerry Goldsmith
  8. Jeff Kryka
(Bet you can’t tell what kind of music I listen to.)
I’m not a big music listener but video game soundtracks are great. Best includes the Pokémon Gen 3/4/5 soundtracks (maybe even the entire series) and some Mario songs (kart, rpg, platformers)
So I didn’t list composers or OST stuff in my list but I also have a heavy appreciation for both!! Marvel soundtracks and music from Metroid are near the top of my list.

PerGron

How have we never talked about Jack Stauber? Or Jukebox the Ghost for that matter, but I really love Jack Stauber and everything he does.
My uncle got me Pop Food on vinyl for Christmas one year knowing I’m into more indie stuff and I’ve been hooked since. I now own all 4 albums on vinyl. Great “sit in your room and pretend you’re the main character in a coming of age movie” music

JokersWild

Ooh are we doing composer lists?

.Tchaikovsky
.Gerswhin
.Beethoven
.Joplin
.Copland
.Hans Zimmer (but literally only Dune lol)
.John Williams
.Alan Silvestri

And a bunch of others I can’t think of right now.

My uncle got me Pop Food on vinyl for Christmas one year knowing I’m into more indie stuff and I’ve been hooked since. I now own all 4 albums on vinyl. Great “sit in your room and pretend you’re the main character in a coming of age movie” music
You should totally check out his YouTube channel if you haven’t yet. He’s got some amazing animations on there. Actually, my profile picture is from one of his videos, haha.

JokersWild

The Dark Phoenix soundtrack is a masterpiece
I'll have to look into it. I've never been able to get into Hans Zimmer. The PoTC soundtrack is great, but generally I've always found him kind of uninspired and same-y. That Dune soundtrack, however, is something else. One of my favorite film scores. There's nothing else that sounds like it and it so effectively brings you into the world of the film.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
My go-to list is mostly alt rock with some classic rock

- The Script
- Bastille
- Eagles
- Coldplay
- The Fray
- Jimmy Buffett
- The Beatles
- Imagine Dragons
- Allman Brothers Band
- Mumford & Sons
- U2
- Metallica
- Queen
- Aerosmith
U2 is another band I don’t talk about enough but they’re incredible. The Joshua Tree is one of the greatest albums ever made. And I do love me some Aerosmith!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
I'll have to look into it. I've never been able to get into Hans Zimmer. The PoTC soundtrack is great, but generally I've always found him kind of uninspired and same-y. That Dune soundtrack, however, is something else. One of my favorite film scores. There's nothing else that sounds like it and it so effectively brings you into the world of the film.
Yeah Zimmer tends to be a bit repetitive, but when he knocks it out of the park he really knocks it out of the park. He has almost no equal when it comes to atmospheric, unique soundscapes, which is part of the reason why he was such a good fit for Dune.

Some of my favorite Zimmer scores are when he steps out of his usual style and actually works with more melodic stuff, as well. POTC, Sherlock, etc.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Without giving away what subject matter the teams picked, I can say it's going to be a VERY interesting contrast between the two IPs. I'm going to try my best to get my feedback in before I go to bed but I'm getting over a migraine I've had most of the day so I don't want to make any guarantees. If not late tonight, then for sure by mid-day tomorrow. The results show with @goofyyukyuk will be going live a bit later than usual at 10PM Eastern. Also wanted to address that I'm sorry things got behind on the story. At this point I'm kind of wondering if it might be better served to wait until the season is entirely played out and then releasing episodes after the fact. I know I've been behind on getting out Diary Room questions as well, so expect another round of those before the next prompt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom