So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
In other news, if you like analogue horror. If you enjoyed @TheOriginalTiki and I talking about World's Fair. If you like nearly two hour incredibly experimental arthouse films, I implore you to go watch Skinamarink in theaters. I just got home from watching it and it's something else. Highly recommend from my end!
20230115_132810.jpg

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I wanted to love it SOOOO badly and I really, really appreciate how bold the approach is. I definitely got into the "nightmare" vibe, but I just don't think it holds up as an actual film at all. I honestly really dig the style of the grainy footage and impossible angles. I can get behind not seeing any faces of the characters. I just really wanted it to have more of a narrative than it did. I get the whole atmosphere of it being intentionally confusing and I'm usually really into this kind of thing. Childhood nightmares are actually one of the most fascinating things for me. It just did not have any driving force behind it.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I just wanted to jump in really quick and say that I'm super happy with how the brainstorming is going so far. This is NOT an easy prompt and as far as the realism factor goes with the location it's probably the most difficult of the season. While I can't guarantee the next few prompts will be the most super accessible for everyone, I can say that they'll be a lot more open-ended and not lean on IP. In fact I can confirm that there won't be another project where you're handed a specific IP to work with until the merge.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
**copy and pasting the message I sent my therapist as I think it summarizes everything as best as I’m able to**

I’m absolutely devastated to share that my sweet baby Zelda crossed the rainbow bridge this morning.

She had fluid in her lungs related to congestive heart failure. She had no appetite and could barely drink any water. She just continued getting weaker and weaker. Late last night she suddenly started crying. That was heartbreaking enough. And her breathing became very labored. I didn’t want to prolong her suffering any further.

I had to find an emergency vet that would take us, which made the whole thing even worse, just dragging it on further. I just kept telling my sweet girl that I loved her and that it was gonna be okay.

She didn’t have the strength to fight going into her crate. She didn’t whine at all on the way there. She just kept her tired eyes on me. Maybe she was the one trying to reassure me. But I kept telling her how much I loved her, how sorry I was, and that she’d be okay. She gave me one last gentle meow.

My mom found the place I went to purely on intuition.

The ladies at the vet were incredibly sweet and sympathetic.

I held her and kept telling her how much I loved her right up to the very end.

I am heartbroken beyond words.

Companion animals are so truly special. They are entirely dependent on us to take care of them and in return they offer us the most genuine form of unconditional love. They don’t judge us or hold things against us. They just want to love us and be loved back. What a blessing it is.

Zelda gave me joy when I was joyless. She always met me at the stairs when I got home. She was always incredibly chatty. She gave cuddles relentlessly. I could simply walk into the room and she would begin purring.

I don’t know how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful companion.

Now I’m literally the most alone that I have ever been.

B07B6A32-13C1-4386-850E-3E764E005897.jpeg

999E6D23-60F9-4EDC-A210-C8542FD8A814.jpeg

1BAC776D-4071-4708-987E-755C71AD8409.jpeg

6BE639AB-8750-4C0C-B776-DB54380CADA3.jpeg

7E5CC448-BB13-421F-AA64-335B18403925.jpeg

4DC59B12-4065-4AC1-B082-EA5F1AAD64C4.jpeg

MickeyMouse10

**copy and pasting the message I sent my therapist as I think it summarizes everything as best as I’m able to**

I’m absolutely devastated to share that my sweet baby Zelda crossed the rainbow bridge this morning.

She had fluid in her lungs related to congestive heart failure. She had no appetite and could barely drink any water. She just continued getting weaker and weaker. Late last night she suddenly started crying. That was heartbreaking enough. And her breathing became very labored. I didn’t want to prolong her suffering any further.

I had to find an emergency vet that would take us, which made the whole thing even worse, just dragging it on further. I just kept telling my sweet girl that I loved her and that it was gonna be okay.

She didn’t have the strength to fight going into her crate. She didn’t whine at all on the way there. She just kept her tired eyes on me. Maybe she was the one trying to reassure me. But I kept telling her how much I loved her, how sorry I was, and that she’d be okay. She gave me one last gentle meow.

My mom found the place I went to purely on intuition.

The ladies at the vet were incredibly sweet and sympathetic.

I held her and kept telling her how much I loved her right up to the very end.

I am heartbroken beyond words.

Companion animals are so truly special. They are entirely dependent on us to take care of them and in return they offer us the most genuine form of unconditional love. They don’t judge us or hold things against us. They just want to love us and be loved back. What a blessing it is.

Zelda gave me joy when I was joyless. She always met me at the stairs when I got home. She was always incredibly chatty. She gave cuddles relentlessly. I could simply walk into the room and she would begin purring.

I don’t know how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful companion.

Now I’m literally the most alone that I have ever been.

View attachment 693418
View attachment 693419
View attachment 693420
View attachment 693421
View attachment 693422
View attachment 693423

I'm so sorry, my condolences go out to you.

It's amazing how strong of a bond we have with our pets. They become a part of the family.

Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom