So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

monkey92514

Looking again at the skin color in Tiki's profile pic tease for Project Three. Could it be...?

200.gif

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Three: The Way of Water Rides
e7828bce-040c-4e44-83b3-f4050b6532a4.jpeg

Judging from the responses in the Diary Rooms when I brought the subject up, the general vibe is that this cast is NOT big on the Avatar franchise overall. Well...we all know how important IP popularity is with modern day Imagineering, so you're all going to have to put on your Joe Rhode hats and get invested in the franchise rather or not it's your thing. This round is DOUBLE ELIMINATION, which means no matter which team wins, someone from each of the two factions will be eliminated this time around.

The Avatar franchise is popular for its rich world-building and stunning atmosphere more than any sort of character work, and that's exactly what you'll be focusing on. For this project, teams will create a new Pandora - The World of Avatar for the original Disneyland. The footprint you're going to be using will consist of Innoventions, the submarine lagoon, Autopia, and the old Motor Boat Cruise lagoon. The location in itself is a very important element of this project. It's entirely up to you what you want to do with the current infanstructure. The only requirements with what already exists is that you must explain how the monorail and Disneyland Railroad stations fit into their new land. Other than that it's completely up to you what elements of this footprint to keep or remove.

As a reminder for those unaware, the show building for the current submarine lagoon sits directly below the Autopia tracks. Thus when working with the Autopia space you'll have to keep that in consideration rather or not you want to completely start from scratch, as something like Autopia is about the only thing that can realistically fit on top of the subs show building. These kinds of external factors as well as how the land transitions into the nearby Space Mountain and Matterhorn are going to be major things to consider. There is no set number of attractions or other components you need to come up with. By the nature of the footprint this should be considered more of a botique land than the original Pandora at Animal Kingdom, but still something grand enough to fit within the epic framework of James Cameron's vision. Realism is going to be THE thing I'm looking for with this one.

Good luck, teams. This project is due Friday, January 20th at 11:59PM Eastern.​

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
It's with a heavy heart that we bid farewell to the legendary @Basketbuddy101, out in 15th Place. A couple other factors about the project to take note of. As I said in the podcast, the Project Leader of the winning team along with their choice for PoMVP will be immune from elimination during Project Four. Also as a special surprise announcement, @Prometheus will be helping me judge this project and will be coming on for the results show!

Basketbuddy101

It's with a heavy heart that we bid farewell to the legendary @Basketbuddy101, out in 15th Place. A couple other factors about the project to take note of. As I said in the podcast, the Project Leader of the winning team along with their choice for PoMVP will be immune from elimination during Project Four. Also as a special surprise announcement, @Prometheus will be helping me judge this project and will be coming on for the results show!
Hi guys, would rather publicly address the situation than fizzle out without a proper goodbye. As Tiki alluded to, it simply was a matter of not having enough time to be as active as I would've liked. That's salary life, I guess. I mentioned in the diary room that the game meant a lot to me, and it does. Had a lot in the way of concept art and concepts in general to get out there, but as they say, when you know you know. Thanks to Tiki for inviting me back to the game, was definitely fun while it lasted. To the rest of you, best of luck, and I'll see you around the forum.

PerGron

Hi guys, would rather publicly address the situation than fizzle out without a proper goodbye. As Tiki alluded to, it simply was a matter of not having enough time to be as active as I would've liked. That's salary life, I guess. I mentioned in the diary room that the game meant a lot to me, and it does. Had a lot in the way of concept art and concepts in general to get out there, but as they say, when you know you know. Thanks to Tiki for inviting me back to the game, was definitely fun while it lasted. To the rest of you, best of luck, and I'll see you around the forum.
Sorry to see you go! It was great working with you!

In other news, if you like analogue horror. If you enjoyed @TheOriginalTiki and I talking about World's Fair. If you like nearly two hour incredibly experimental arthouse films, I implore you to go watch Skinamarink in theaters. I just got home from watching it and it's something else. Highly recommend from my end!

Shannoninthemagic

Sorry to see you go! It was great working with you!

In other news, if you like analogue horror. If you enjoyed @TheOriginalTiki and I talking about World's Fair. If you like nearly two hour incredibly experimental arthouse films, I implore you to go watch Skinamarink in theaters. I just got home from watching it and it's something else. Highly recommend from my end!
I do not like horror, but that name is fun to say

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Going live with the results in about two hours!!

I missed the podcast, but I can promise it was for a good reason. Saw M3gan. Not sure if I can say it was actually a good movie. But I can say it's a 10/10 in my book. Finishing up listening to the podcast now though

Fun fact: I tried doing a Weird Al voice but it was terrible so I decided to just do my regular voice but slightly more nasally and up-pitched very slightly lol

Congrats, Chapek! I hope you enjoyed your first and last time winning! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom