So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 19 - Madcap Circus [CONCLUDED]

TheOriginalTiki

Season 19, Act Seven: The Mind-Bending Mini Masterpieces
0b3.png

For this projects, teams will be tasked with designing an E-Ticket dark ride based on a Cartoon Network series. The attraction can go into any park you wish but must maintain a distinct "E-Ticket" scale. As a reminder, here are the IPs each team will be working with.

Team Ringling - Adventure Time
Team Barnum - Infinity Train
Team Bailey - Over the Garden Wall

As a reminder, this will be another DOUBLE ELIMINATION and will also be the FINAL project before we head into the allusive MERGE part of the game. The time has come where you really have to be on your A-Game every project. The level of competition pre-merge has NEVER been this high and the only one of you safe is @AceAstro via an Instant PoMVP granted to him through Walt's Vault. Good luck teams. This project is due Friday, July 9th at 11:59PM Eastern.​

Chaos Cat

Just some more context for the eliminations.
@b-wolf95 love you in the podcast chats, and you're a great part of the community with your commentary. That being said you literally didn't have a single thing credited to your name in this past project and generally speaking have been relatively inactive compared to most people still in the cast, making this a relatively easy decision.

@mickeyfan5534 this...however, was a brutal decision. You really struggled the first few rounds of the game but came into your own in the later half of the pre-merge stepping up as Project Leader and leading your team to victory. Along with that you managed to craft some really great stuff for this project while on a WDW trip...a feat that's seriously impressive. All that said though, @Mickeynerd17 was the other nominee alongside you and while you've been making great strides in activity, Mickeynerd has been one of the most active people from the jump. Unfortunately it really does come down to consistency here, and Mickeynerd just seems to have a lot more time to devote to this. We loved seeing you play this season, Alex. You showed great perseverance by not dropping out in spite of your scheduling conflicts. You're obviously a fixture of the community and you will be missed in this game.

Walt's Vault was passed off to @AceAstro this past round, who has opened the Vault and discovered the single most powerful twist so far this season hidden within. INSTANT PoMVP. This is simple. Ace automatically won PoMVP for the final pre-merge round of the game and will be SAFE going into this double elimination. As for the rest of you, you're all on the chopping block and with Alex's elimination it goes to show that nobody is safe. You REALLY have to fight to stand out going forward. The post-merge of this season is going to be insane with the level of competition. As a reminder, since all three teams have four members a piece Project Leaders will be giving me ONE name for PoMVP and the other two team members will be up for elimination. Project Leaders are also vulnerable. Obviously with Team Ringling, Ace is safe and so all three remaining members on that team are vulnerable from the jump. Should be a heart-pounding way to enter the merge.

I just woke up in the middle of the night and am going to go on a True Detective binge. The next project along with brainstorming conversations should be sent out before I go back to sleep haha.
Rosters updated! Sorry to see you go, @mickeyfan5534 and @b-wolf95.

Also, interesting note: each team is tied for most wins. We've had six projects, with each team winning two. This is probably the most balance game I've ever seen, though it also lead to the downfall of the tier system.
Eh, no big deal. I'm honestly kind of shocked that I made it this far in the first place, since I was really inactive this game. Like, the only reason I didn't drop out is because there were already so many drop outs already and adding one more just felt like an insult. I'm just glad to say that I was part of this.

Plus, working on Lycan was such a fun experience that made this whole thing worth it.

spacemt354

Chili's
The Promptly Punctual Project 5 Reviews

Team Bailey - Grandma Pearl's Swampside Diner

Starting off with things I loved were the location, the premise, as well as the entertainment. You all made this feel like a truly unique restaurant location that if you're at Gatorland you'd need to visit. I think the artwork on the posters as well as the inclusion of the backwoods entertainment truly added to the vibe you were going for. While all that really set this restaurant apart, I think there were some elements that for a future restaurant project I'd just make a note of. One thing would be the interior of the restaurant. While the exterior was described well, I didn't get as good of a sense of how the experience would be sitting inside the restaurant. Any gags on the walls? Any further story elements to peruse while inside? What are the servers like? Are they also in character or does the show end when you get inside and it just becomes a well themed restaurant? These are all things just to consider not as necessarily a negative but something that I think could help your restaurants going forward. Next bit of feedback would be the menu. I totally understand menu design is not imagineering, but I do think elements of imagineering such as creativity and research play a large part in it. With a lot of items named after 'gators' are you really eating gator? Or is it just named after that. I thought the menu design itself felt like a true menu - which is the highest compliment one can give for these kind of projects. However some of the names on the menu itself could have been more creative and not relying so much on naming so many items after 'gator.' In addition I think while the inclusion of a cocktail menu was a brilliant touch, some of the names on the menu there felt a little too, erm, 'adult' for a family park, even for an adult menu.

Creativity - 9/10
Realism - 9/10
Detail - 9/10
Presentation - 9/10
Teamwork - 9/10
Bonus + 5
----------------------
Total: 50/50

Team Barnum - Cupcave

Oh wow! The video presentation here was a great choice. Not only did it make the bactory stand out, it felt like something you'd see on like National Geographic, the way it slides shifted from the maps to landscape images with the narration. I don't think there needed to be a southern/western cowboy accent along with the video, but I appreciate the attempt at realism there. I think there was a ton of time focused on the backstory of this prompt which is okay, however for the video itself I wish there were some zoomed in shots of the artwork of the exterior and interior of the restaurant itself, (because that's what the project is about right?) Nevertheless I was able to pause and zoom but as a viewer it should come naturally with the presentation, as if you're guiding the viewer on what they should be seeing. That is the only nitpicks I could state for future projects - let it breath. If the video was 10 minutes long and it featured zoomed in shots of the menu and art, in the long run it wouldn't make much of a difference and I'd have nothing to complain about lol.

Because overall I love how this team works together off of each other's strengths in order to accomplish the goal of the project, but also step out into new lengths of imagineering. This is something that even a few years ago was not commonplace in imagineering projects and I think it deserves a ton of credit because the more it gets noticed, the more others will attempt to branch out as well and try new methods of presentation. The menu was solid though I wish for something associated with cupcakes there would have been more variety, especially since this menu doesn't have to worry about appetizers, entrees, and all the other components of a full-scale lunch/dinner menu. The cupcakes themselves could have been more expounded upon. Maybe with more pictures of what the cupcakes would look like? But overall I think the dragon influence, backstory, and presentation really sent this over the rainbow in terms of stepping up imagineering to the next level for a restaurant project, nice work!

Creativity - 10/10
Realism - 9/10
Detail - 9/10
Presentation 10/10
Teamwork - 10/10
Bonus + 5
---------------------
Total: 53/50

Team Ringling - The Winner's Circle

While this is certainly a bland park to deal with in terms of theme I think you took this in the best route that you could with the racing theme. It makes a ton of sense location wise in Florida, where Daytona for example is only an hour away, and there are plenty of racing fans in the Orlando area. I also enjoy the description of the restaurant however I wish there were some visuals for this. The project felt very text heavy which is okay but when faced against two other teams that were visual heavy that to me stands out a bit as something that can be improved for a future project. And it didn't even need to be custom images if you're going with a racing theme this wouldn't be the first restaurant that has done with that theme. On google images I'm sure there are racing restaurant stock photos that could help facilitate the descriptions into a tangible presentation. Race Central was a nice touch that would be pretty fun to have as part of the restaurant.

Creativity - 9/10
Realism - 10/10
Detail - 7/10
Presentation - 8/10
Teamwork - 9/10
Bonus + 5
-------------------------
Total: 48/50

spacemt354

Chili's
Project VI Reviews

I believe this is the 3rd Star Wars themed SYWTBAI prompt since coming over to wdwmagic. There was one in Season 16 and then in Season 13 as well, one of my favorite projects of all time (Darth Side of the Moon) which was ironically around this time, almost 6 years ago!

Sample by @FigmentPigments
full

Team Barnum - The Max Rebo Experience

Unfortunately you all were stuck with a character that doesn't even crack the top 100 of Star Wars character popularity. And to top it off one that doesn't even have arms which makes having a meet & greet that much more challenging. I think you did the best with what you were offered though. I do have some questions as to why Jabba's Palace would be seen in forced perspective if we are on Batuu and not Tatooine? Perhaps I read that wrong but the Star Wars nerd popped out in my head pushing my taped glasses up and saying "um, actually..." 🤓

The experience itself though was charming. And I think the presentation of it was effective in getting the point across. I did love all of the nods to Jabba and Return of the Jedi. Overall, while I don't think this was this team's standout project, I think it got the job done after being handed a very tough challenge without much flexibility.

Creativity - 9/10
Realism - 8/10
Detail - 9/10
Presentation - 9/10
Teamwork - 10/10
-------------------------
Total: 45/50

Team Bailey - Paths of the Force

😮 That was my face when reading most of this project! First off, I think this is the most creative visual use of a google doc ever before. Secondly using Ashoka and the World Between Worlds I think would get someone like myself (who isn't a big fan of M&G) very very excited. Thirdly, I think you were incredibly creative in using the backdrop of the World Between Worlds to include various other characters, that Palpatine voice was insane! Wonderful voice acting there and what a component of the presentation. That was really unexpected. Overall I thought the artwork was great as well. Kudos all around the style I loved that touch. In the end, I think you took this prompt and ran with it better than I could have guessed. Wonderful job!

Creativity - 10/10
Realism - 9/10
Detail - 10/10
Presentation - 10/10
Teamwork - 9/10
------------------------
Total - 48/50

Team Ringling - Rendezvous with Grogu and the Mandalorian

At first I thought you sent a link to the actual Star Wars site and I'm like...hmm what is happening here, where is the project? Then I realized I was on Wix and I'm like, since when did the official Star Wars site go to Wix? Then I realized you basically made your project look like the actual Star Wars website and I was flabbergasted! Wow what a unique style to open up the presentation. Now, after that praise is rightly earned, I had a hard time distinguishing what was your actual project and what was meant to look like the site. Eventually I got to it, but it could have been better distinguished. It was so real I think initially the project got lost in the realism. Nevertheless, I think this is the most realistic M&G of the bunch, not just because of the popularity of the characters currently and their ability to be placed on Batuu, but also the way you described it. Nicely done here overall.

Creativity - 10/10
Realism - 9/10
Detail - 8/10
Presentation - 10/10
Teamwork - 9/10
-----------------------
Total - 46/50

JokersWild

Original Poster
View attachment 569092
Just for context, @JokersWild - felt safe to give the dude hands. I’ve seen him with both but considering he plays his keyboard thing with arms of some sorts and is often depicted with them, I gave him arms. I think the character experience itself would be better that way anyway.
That's totally fine. I saw that too when I was looking for a picture during the show. I know that in the comics, and I thought canonically though that might have been changed after Disney took over, that he only had arms. It's not a huge deal and I don't think it affected your score at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom