So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

AceAstro

E7U2UtAXsAARQ-C

Gather. Celebrate. Unite.

Welcome to Harmonious!

Also, looks like some pre-RoE IllumiNations inspired Harmonious' Act 2 ("Celebrate") since the WS pavilions will be featured in its own section!

Iā€™m obsessed with the logo. The Wave forms being the outline of the pavilions is absolutely brilliant.

As a fan of Epcot Forever, Iā€™m pretty excited to see what this show brings to the table

mickeyfan5534

Two more houses have been announced for HHN in Orlando: Universal Monsters - Bride of Frankenstein Lives and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Meh on TCM but Bride of Frankenstein was outstanding last year and Iā€™m happy itā€™s back. (I have a thing about teeth so I never went in Tooth Fairy but my sister and her friend reported that it was freaking terrifying)

DashHaber

Meh on TCM but Bride of Frankenstein was outstanding last year and Iā€™m happy itā€™s back. (I have a thing about teeth so I never went in Tooth Fairy but my sister and her friend reported that it was freaking terrifying)
I've seen the walkthrough videos for Revenge of the Tooth Fairy and yeah...you would not have been happy.

Interestingly, if the rumors are true, then this year will be leaning more towards original houses rather than IPs. The other houses rumored for this year are:

• Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience (which was already basically confirmed a while back)
  • The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
  • Revenge of the Tooth Fairy (which I'd expect, alongside Bride coming back)
  • HHN Icons: Captured
  • Welcome to sCarey: Horror in the Heartland
  • ...and one more original house, with not even a rumored name yet

DashHaber

While it does sound like a generally solid line-up, I'll admit that something I would have loved to see is a house line-up that could have done more with the history of the event. There are plenty of houses from earlier events in HHN history that could easily make good fodder for totally fresh remakes or tweaked revamps.

mickeyfan5534

I've seen the walkthrough videos for Revenge of the Tooth Fairy and yeah...you would not have been happy.

Interestingly, if the rumors are true, then this year will be leaning more towards original houses rather than IPs. The other houses rumored for this year are:

• Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience (which was already basically confirmed a while back)
  • The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
  • Revenge of the Tooth Fairy (which I'd expect, alongside Bride coming back)
  • HHN Icons: Captured
  • Welcome to sCarey: Horror in the Heartland
  • ...and one more original house, with not even a rumored name yet
Honestly, despite the Monsters tie-in, I'd count Bride as semi-original because it's an entirely original story.

mickeyfan5534

While it does sound like a generally solid line-up, I'll admit that something I would have loved to see is a house line-up that could have done more with the history of the event. There are plenty of houses from earlier events in HHN history that could easily make good fodder for totally fresh remakes or tweaked revamps.
I mean, the 6th original is hinted to be a Legendary Truth house. I think an Icons maze, a Carey, OH maze, and a Legendary Truth maze kinda round out that perfect trifecta of HHN history/lore and Tooth Fairy is kind of a spiritual successor to Scary Tales (though I do wish we could have gotten a Scary Tales house for the 30th).
Couple that with rumors of Terra Cruentes and Eddie scarezones plus your standard anniversary zone and there's quite a bit here that HHN is doing for the anniversary.

DashHaber

I mean, the 6th original is hinted to be a Legendary Truth house. I think an Icons maze, a Carey, OH maze, and a Legendary Truth maze kinda round out that perfect trifecta of HHN history/lore and Tooth Fairy is kind of a spiritual successor to Scary Tales (though I do wish we could have gotten a Scary Tales house for the 30th).
Couple that with rumors of Terra Cruentes and Eddie scarezones plus your standard anniversary zone and there's quite a bit here that HHN is doing for the anniversary.
True. When you get to it, it definitely seems like they're digging into lore from the event's history from inspiration rather than just doing revivals or sequels of past houses.

mickeyfan5534

True. When you get to it, it definitely seems like they're digging into lore from the event's history from inspiration rather than just doing revivals or sequels of past houses.
Frankly, that's what has me excited. An all-sequel house year just wouldn't do it at this point. Universal Creative described this year as a "Comic Book Annual" in the blog post that came with the Jack (Universal use an icon other than Jack challenge) announcement and that's really what the lineup feels like: a big celebration of HHN.

DashHaber

Frankly, that's what has me excited. An all-sequel house year just wouldn't do it at this point. Universal Creative described this year as a "Comic Book Annual" in the blog post that came with the Jack (Universal use an icon other than Jack challenge) announcement and that's really what the lineup feels like: a big celebration of HHN.
Very good point. I hadn't thought about that way, but it does certainly pull in all sorts of elements from the event's history.

...But yeah, I can get why they're using Jack, but imagine if Eddie got to headline this event.

mickeyfan5534

Very good point. I hadn't thought about that way, but it does certainly pull in all sorts of elements from the event's history.

...But yeah, I can get why they're using Jack, but imagine if Eddie got to headline this event.
I just want them to make new icons again. So many cool ideas you could use and yet, we haven't seen an icon since Chance in 26.

tcool123

I actually love this it adds a needed pop of colour, brings whimsy into the rideā€™s entry, makes it look more visually intersting. The only critique I have is that I want more BUT only if each section is one family of colours like above.

Them again what do I know I prefer the pink Cinderella castle over the old one

Sharon&Susan

I actually love this it adds a needed pop of colour, brings whimsy into the rideā€™s entry, makes it look more visually intersting. The only critique I have is that I want more BUT only if each section is one family of colours like above.

Them again what do I know I prefer the pink Cinderella castle over the old one
I'm not opposed to giving the IASW exterior some color, I think the DL 90's color scheme and TDL's color scheme both did a fine job with it. I just don't really like how they kept the side walls the same white and gold color scheme while going with very bold colors for the main clock tower, they don't really look good together IMO.

Sharon&Susan

I like the colors. I think they should either go full DL styling or full color, though. The mix is just weird. Maybe theyā€™re in the process of coloring the whole thing?
Thought this was part of a bigger refurbishment but looking into it I think that was just an exterior refurb and the ride didn't close? Guess this must've been an overnight thing then, hopefully that means you're right and there's still more to be done!

tcool123

Thought this was part of a bigger refurbishment but looking into it I think that was just an exterior refurb and the ride didn't close? Guess this must've been an overnight thing then, hopefully that means you're right and there's still more to be done!
I think this is an overnight thing for sure similar to what has been happening to Jungle Cruise getting new details added every night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom