So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Orange Cat

Big news guys, the name change to Disney Warrior will happen…..once it gets approved by a moderator. IDK if it will ever happen, though. (There’s a chance that I will stay as a Disney Pacifist, though)
Despite the fact I constantly change my name & the mods are probably sick of it I’ve gotten approved every time so you should be good

Orange Cat

Question Of The Day (Mainly For Jackbox Fans):
Pitch A New Party Pack (Or Singular Game) To Me. It Can Include Sequels Or New Games, Just Try & Make It FEEL Like Jackbox​
I Have A Lot Of Ideas But I Came Up With A Good One Today

Love At First Sight
This Is A Drawing Game & As Such It Starts With Half The Players Submitting Drawings (With Names), Then The Other Half Draws Romantic Partners For The Drawings. Once Everyone’s Done Drawing, The Players (& Of Course The Audience If That’s Enabled) Say If They Think The Drawings Make A Good Couple, Which If They Do Will Give The Original & Second Artist Points.

In The Second Round Players Will Draw New Partners For Their Round One Drawings & The Process Continues.

In The Final Round You’ll Have To Make New Couples Out Of The Previous Drawings.

Disney Warrior

I Have A Lot Of Ideas But I Came Up With A Good One Today

Love At First Sight
This Is A Drawing Game & As Such It Starts With Half The Players Submitting Drawings (With Names), Then The Other Half Draws Romantic Partners For The Drawings. Once Everyone’s Done Drawing, The Players (& Of Course The Audience If That’s Enabled) Say If They Think The Drawings Make A Good Couple, Which If They Do Will Give The Original & Second Artist Points.

In The Second Round Players Will Draw New Partners For Their Round One Drawings & The Process Continues.

In The Final Round You’ll Have To Make New Couples Out Of The Previous Drawings.

This is literally a nightmare for me because sometimes I can’t even draw a straight line

Orange Cat

I don’t think I’ll play Jackbox, but still that’s good advice
Yeah Jackbox Isn’t For Everyone, But If You Ever Pick Up A Pack I Suggest Going With 3: It Has A Drawing Game, A Game For People Who Especially Love Hahas, A Statistics Game Which Is A Good Intro For People Who Aren’t Immediate Jackbox Fans, Trivia With A Twist, & A Social Deduction Game, But Maybe I’m Just Saying That Cause It’s The One I Own

spacemt354

Chili's
sqrebit5ed471.jpg

Chaos Cat

My personal explanation for this is that the TVA wanted to reset his [thing you shake], but he was also undoing mess the Avengers made of the timeline in the process, so they let him off with a stern warning as long as he promised to keep the timeline as unchanged as possible, explaining why he didn't seem to even try to fix things for the better.

tcool123

I justsaw In the Heights. OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING! May be my Latino bias and the fact that Abuela Claudia reminds me of my abuelas all Cuban of course and the music reminding me of music from my youth. But I just loved it so much, I related so much to the characters especially to Nina. Like I felt the same way Nina fetl when I left for university from feeing alienated culturally to facing similar scenarios fueled by ignorance and racism of others. Just overall 10/10 y’all need to run not walk to In the Heights!

Chaos Cat

I justsaw In the Heights. OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING! May be my Latino bias and the fact that Abuela Claudia reminds me of my abuelas all Cuban of course and the music reminding me of music from my youth. But I just loved it so much, I related so much to the characters especially to Nina. Like I felt the same way Nina fetl when I left for university from feeing alienated culturally to facing similar scenarios fueled by ignorance and racism of others. Just overall 10/10 y’all need to run not walk to In the Heights!
Kind of wish I knew In the Heights was out when we went to the movies last Friday. Instead we ended up seeing Cruella (which wasn't bad, per say, but definitely not my first choice and I would have leaped at the opportunity to see In the Heights instead).

WowFactor

I attended the Broadway Show a few years ago, and as I enjoyed it so much, I was afraid that the adaptation wouldn’t meet my expectations... Thanks for the comment, It's the final push I've been waiting for to watch 😊

Last edited:

tcool123

Kind of wish I knew In the Heights was out when we went to the movies last Friday. Instead we ended up seeing Cruella (which wasn't bad, per say, but definitely not my first choice and I would have leaped at the opportunity to see In the Heights instead).
Saw Cruella in theaters a few weeks ago definitely enjoyed it. The costuming was amazing and was honestly the highlight of the film along with Emma Stone's performance as Cruella. I feel like Cruella is now more of a toned down Harley Quinn, and I'm still here for that energy. Glad to have heard they're working a sequel I feel like this and Jungle Book are the only remakes that could work with a sequel. Cruella 2 could be the remake for 101 Dalmatians while Jungle Book 2 may just be Mowgli finally making his way back to his village.

Definitely try to go back to see In the Heights though!

I attended the Broadway Show a few years ago, and as I enjoyed it so much, I was afraid that the adaptation wouldn’t meet my expectations... Thanks for the comment, It's the final push I've been waiting for to watch 😊
I was actually supposed to see a local production of In the Heights here in Miami, but then Covid hit :/

Definitely need to see this live now after watching this film just to see how it's handled on stage cause they just used the medium of film so well fully embracing the possible fantasy and grandeur of the cinema.

Will definitely say during the Blackout scene the fireworks gave me a huge jump scare just because of the huge explosions happening around me in the theater.

And of course the scene after Blackout BROKE me. The entire time I was tearing up whenever Abuela Claudia was on screen, knowing she was going to die at the end of the film. Definitely the fact she looks, acts, dresses, talks, cooks, like my grandma did it for me. Just reminds me a lot of her, and had me remember her a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom