So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

HomeImagineer

Ideal Buildout has added a new section in the very north of his mega-park:
Blog%2B-%2BSuper%2BKingdom%2B5d.png
Only 4 more to go, i hoping that SWW Wilson would puts in a villains land or something, its all up to him

TwilightZone

View attachment 563267

View attachment 563268

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE BUT MOSTLY BECKY LYNCH!

It’s time for another TT4!! We’re embracing the abbreviation! After all, this is the WDW Magic Forums!

This one is for the music lovers. I want you to to give me four albums by four different artists that you find to be absolutely perfect. Your rationale for that can be whatever you want! The arrangements, the lyrics, the cover art, nostalgia, how excited you get, how emotive it is, whatever!! No limitations and no pretentiousness here!!

Let’s get to it!

Here are my Top Four!

4. Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave

My first experience with Fall Out Boy was as a teenager. A friend of mine got a hold of me super last minute to ask if I wanted to go with her to see a band called Rufio. I enjoyed Rufio quite a bit so of course I said “yes.” The show was taking place in a 300 cap room, so it was gonna be hot and sweaty. Rufio were headlining the show with support from Mae, Motion City Soundtrack, and a band I hadn’t heard before called Fall Out Boy.

We got to the barricade right after doors, which was always a personal goal of mine at every show, and about a half hour after doors opened, Fall Out Boy took the stage. About 30 seconds into their set I was already blown away and by the end of their first song (“Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today”) they were my favorite band on the show. By the time their set was over I didn’t even care about the rest of the show. I met the members of the band at their merch table and purchased a copy of their debut record which had just been released a few months prior.

Needless to say, they sort of took over the world.

3. The Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

A few years prior to having my mind melted by Fall Out Boy and their legendary stage presence, I was in the midst of truly discovering punk rock and pop-punk. It kind of started with the first Tony Hawk Pro Skater video game and evolved from there. I fully embraced the skatepunk culture and totally immersed myself in it. I was yet to attend my first Warped Tour but I would do so in the summer of 2001 and that experience would dramatically change my entire life.

That festival’s lineup was always released many many months in advance however and thus I began a seemingly never ending quest to get into more bands. I would typically download a couple songs with Napster and if I enjoyed them, I’d go buy the CD wherever I could find it. Sometimes I’d also just go to a record shop and grab up a few things that looked like they might be fun. Good times.

One of the bands, and albums, from that era that still resonates with me is this one from The Bouncing Souls. Their sound is slightly less polished, but the songs are tight. They don’t do anything incredibly fancy, but they play with an energy that shines through brilliantly in the final product. It’s pure punk rock bliss, with thoughtful lyrics, and catchy hooks. This was the band’s fifth studio album, and the first one I owned. They’re still at it today, and I still absolutely love them. So much so that I’m getting a tattoo based on one of their songs.

2. Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

In fall of 2005 a friend suggested that I check out this band on MySpace, as they thought their style would be right up my alley. I don’t think a more accurate assessment had ever been made.

All it took was one song. They instantly became my new favorite band and they have been ever since. I experienced incredible regret at having missed their performance on a dinky little stage at Warped Tour a few months prior. (A stage I would go on to play myself years later). But I more than made up for it by seeing them eleven times in four different states between 2006-2013.

They went from being the band in my back pocket to becoming one of the most successful and beloved rock acts of all time. And they deserve every ounce of that success.

Paramore have released four albums since, but their very first one still hits me a certain way. It has “chug a Monster Energy drink and somersault into a swimming pool with your pants on” energy. It’s heartfelt, it’s energetic, it’s got substantial emotional depth, it’s dynamic, and I just love everything about this album and this band.

But there is one album by one artist that tops them on my list. And for me personally it’s the greatest musical composition of all time.

1. Taylor Swift - 1989

I own this on vinyl. I don’t own a record player.

There is nothing I can say here about Taylor Swift that hasn’t been said more eloquently elsewhere.

She is an indescribably talented song writer. I’ve often quipped that she is able to express my feelings better than I can. Taylor backs that up by being an incredible live performer. And she is an absolute sweetheart of a human being who deserves the world.

1989 is pop music perfection. I view it as the finale in a trilogy of records she released that cemented her place as the greatest artist of all time. Speak Now was where Taylor first deviated from being basically a country artist. There are various influences that can be heard throughout the album, and although it’s being performed primarily through the lens of country music, it is very much a hybrid record. Taylor followed that up with Red, which incorporated a lot of pop dynamics including a heavy dose of synths, and featured the song “All Too Well” which is considered by many diehards to be her greatest individual work. 1989 was where she took it all one step further and fully embraced creating a pop record.

Pop music is often chastised for being low stakes, cookie cutter, and safe or repetitive. Taylor shatters that notion with 1989. And a huge part of that is her unrivaled songwriting talents, which as always are on full display here. 1989 has the heart of her self-titled debut, Fearless, Speak Now, and Red, but is supported by an expanded range of arrangements that elevate her to an entirely new level all to herself. She’s remained there ever since. And even in the last year as she’s stripped her sound down for folklore and evermore, and also released Her version of Fearless (chew gravel, Scooter Braun) she continues to grow as an artist and songwriter, consistently reinventing herself while remaining true to herself, and weaving the threads of every previous effort into her latest work. Not to mention the relentless slew of sales records she continues to break.

Someone else coined the phrase, but I’ll use it here, as no truer phrase has ever been spoken;

Taylor Swift IS the music industry.

What are your top four albums from four different artists??
In no particular order maybe idk lol

4. Interpol - Our love to admire
While Turn on the Bright Lights has more of the "classic songs" I believe this album is Interpol at their best. From the high energy Heinrich Maneuver, the haunting Wrecking Ball, the insane buildup of No I in Threesome. There's just so much to love.

3. Arcade Fire - Funeral
My mom would play this in the car during trips when I was a kid so I always have fond memories of this album. All the songs bring me back to growing up. It has a certain magical aura to it.

2. Weezer - Blue
I love weezer, they're not my favorite but their songs make for a great listen. And weezer's blue album is a classic. So many good songs in one album.

1. Them Crooked Vultures
This band has only one album, self titled and they put their money's worth in it. A collab between Queens of the stone age's Josh Homme, Led Zepplin's John Paul Jones, and Foo Fighter's/Nirvana's Dave Grohl makes it any rock lover's dream. A album I recommend to everyone, pretty much perfect.

AceAstro

View attachment 563267

View attachment 563268

It’s time for another TT4!! We’re embracing the abbreviation! After all, this is the WDW Magic Forums!

This one is for the music lovers. I want you to to give me four albums by four different artists that you find to be absolutely perfect. Your rationale for that can be whatever you want! The arrangements, the lyrics, the cover art, nostalgia, how excited you get, how emotive it is, whatever!! No limitations and no pretentiousness here!!

Let’s get to it!

Here are my Top Four!

My first experience with Fall Out Boy was as a teenager. A friend of mine got a hold of me super last minute to ask if I wanted to go with her to see a band called Rufio. I enjoyed Rufio quite a bit so of course I said “yes.” The show was taking place in a 300 cap room, so it was gonna be hot and sweaty. Rufio were headlining the show with support from Mae, Motion City Soundtrack, and a band I hadn’t heard before called Fall Out Boy.

We got to the barricade right after doors, which was always a personal goal of mine at every show, and about a half hour after doors opened, Fall Out Boy took the stage. About 30 seconds into their set I was already blown away and by the end of their first song (“Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today”) they were my favorite band on the show. By the time their set was over I didn’t even care about the rest of the show. I met the members of the band at their merch table and purchased a copy of their debut record which had just been released a few months prior.

A few years prior to having my mind melted by Fall Out Boy and their legendary stage presence, I was in the midst of truly discovering punk rock and pop-punk. It kind of started with the first Tony Hawk Pro Skater video game and evolved from there. I fully embraced the skatepunk culture and totally immersed myself in it. I was yet to attend my first Warped Tour but I would do so in the summer of 2001 and that experience would dramatically change my entire life.

That festival’s lineup was always released many many months in advance however and thus I began a seemingly never ending quest to get into more bands. I would typically download a couple songs with Napster and if I enjoyed them, I’d go buy the CD wherever I could find it. Sometimes I’d also just go to a record shop and grab up a few things that looked like they might be fun. Good times.

One of the bands, and albums, from that era that still resonates with me is this one from The Bouncing Souls. Their sound is slightly less polished, but the songs are tight. They don’t do anything incredibly fancy, but they play with an energy that shines through brilliantly in the final product. It’s pure punk rock bliss, with thoughtful lyrics, and catchy hooks. This was the band’s fifth studio album, and the first one I owned. They’re still at it today, and I still absolutely love them. So much so that I’m getting a tattoo based on one of their songs.

In fall of 2005 a friend suggested that I check out this band on MySpace, as they thought their style would be right up my alley. I don’t think a more accurate assessment had ever been made.

All it took was one song. They instantly became my new favorite band and they have been ever since. I experienced incredible regret at having missed their performance on a dinky little stage at Warped Tour a few months prior. (A stage I would go on to play myself years later). But I more than made up for it by seeing them eleven times in four different states between 2006-2013.

They went from being the band in my back pocket to becoming one of the most successful and beloved rock acts of all time. And they deserve every ounce of that success.

Paramore have released four albums since, but their very first one still hits me a certain way. It has “chug a Monster Energy drink and somersault into a swimming pool with your pants on” energy. It’s heartfelt, it’s energetic, it’s got substantial emotional depth, it’s dynamic, and I just love everything about this album and this band.

But there is one album by one artist that tops them on my list. And for me personally it’s the greatest musical composition of all time.

1. Taylor Swift - 1989

There is nothing I can say here about Taylor Swift that hasn’t been said more eloquently elsewhere.

She is an indescribably talented song writer. I’ve often quipped that she is able to express my feelings better than I can. Taylor backs that up by being an incredible live performer. And she is an absolute sweetheart of a human being who deserves the world.

1989 is pop music perfection. I view it as the finale in a trilogy of records she released that cemented her place as the greatest artist of all time. Speak Now was where Taylor first deviated from being basically a country artist. There are various influences that can be heard throughout the album, and although it’s being performed primarily through the lens of country music, it is very much a hybrid record. Taylor followed that up with Red, which incorporated a lot of pop dynamics including a heavy dose of synths, and featured the song “All Too Well” which is considered by many diehards to be her greatest individual work. 1989 was where she took it all one step further and fully embraced creating a pop record.

Pop music is often chastised for being low stakes, cookie cutter, and safe or repetitive. Taylor shatters that notion with 1989. And a huge part of that is her unrivaled songwriting talents, which as always are on full display here. 1989 has the heart of her self-titled debut, Fearless, Speak Now, and Red, but is supported by an expanded range of arrangements that elevate her to an entirely new level all to herself. She’s remained there ever since. And even in the last year as she’s stripped her sound down for folklore and evermore, and also released Her version of Fearless (chew gravel, Scooter Braun) she continues to grow as an artist and songwriter, consistently reinventing herself while remaining true to herself, and weaving the threads of every previous effort into her latest work. Not to mention the relentless slew of sales records she continues to break.

Someone else coined the phrase, but I’ll use it here, as no truer phrase has ever been spoken;

From least favourite to most favourite:

4. Purple Rain - Prince

I didn’t really appreciate this album (and Prince as a whole) until much later in his life but wow. This album has everything you need for a perfect Prince album.

3. All Killer No Filler - Sum 41

Being a Canadian kid in the early 2000’s, it was impossible to avoid Sum 41. While I’m not a huge alt rock fan, the music in this album defined a lot of my childhood and it still sticks with me now.

2. 1989 - Taylor Swift

Pretty much everything Tegan said nailed it on the head. From Welcome to New York, all the way to How You Get The Girl, there are nothing but great songs (I can’t wait for Taylor’s Version). The whole album is perfect

1. Licensed To Ill - Beastie Boys

The Beastie Boys are one of my artists all time and it is because of this album. It was my first introduction into that kind of music and it made me stick around with some absolute classics. Paul Revere, Fight For Your Right, No Sleep still Brooklyn, etc. You can never go wrong with these songs/ album!

JokersWild

Original Poster
View attachment 563267

View attachment 563268

Let’s get to it!

Here are my Top Four!

1. Taylor Swift - 1989

I meant to do this and then I forgot. Anyway, in no particular order:

1. Pet Sounds/ SMiLE - The Beach Boys
I'm cheating slightly, but SMiLE technically never released and it's basically an extension of the Pet Sounds sessions in the first place so we're going with it. Both are near perfect albums. It gave me a huge appreciation for orchestral pop, and some of my favorite songs come from these albums (Surf's Up, Heroes and Villains, and You Still Believe in Me particularly.)

2. Hawaii Pt. II - Miracle Musical
I needed some sort of modern representation on this list. Honestly, I think this is like the single modern album that I listen to fully. It's a really fantastic album with some really cool synth stuff and instrumentation. It's just a really interesting album that more people should listen to.

3. Hunky Dory - David Bowie
Best Bowie album. No contest. Maybe Ziggy Stardust. I've always been a fan of Bowie, but this is the first album of his that I really fell in love with. Between Oh You Pretty Things, Changes, Life on Mars, and even some of the deeper cuts like Quicksand this album is just great track after great track.

4. Song Cycle - Van D.yke Parks
Van Parks is the unsung hero of the '60s. He was a lyricist and producer (writing lyrics for The Beach Boys, The Byrds, and producing a bunch of Randy Newman and Harry Nilsson albums. He also wrote all of the music to The Brave Little Toaster.) and wrote a ton of really interesting avant-garde stuff before he starting writing terrible Calypso music. This is just a really cool, super out there album. The lyrics are wonderfully written and incredibly poignant, and his arrangements, while sometimes a bit much, are really interesting. This is also the one album that I couldn't get @TheOriginalTiki to understand. Please give it a listen. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's still worth listening to at least once.

PerGron

View attachment 563267

View attachment 563268

Let’s get to it!

Here are my Top Four!

1. Taylor Swift - 1989

Alright, get ready for PerGron’s weird taste in music.

4. Eagles- Eagles
Eagles is my favorite mainstream band and this self-titled album debuted Take it Easy which is among my favorite songs ever

3. Pendulum- Creedence Clearwater Revival
CCR is one of my favorite bands of all time and this album premiered Have You Ever Seen the Rain which is my all-time favorite song, so that is a big seller for this one

2. Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs- Marty Robbins
Cowboy music and trail songs are among my favorite genres and this album absolutely encapsulates some of the best. From Big Iron to El Paso, this has some of the most iconic cowboy songs of the 1950s. Cool Water, They’re hanging me tonight, and The Master’s Call also are beloved hits from this album.

1. Behind Wind and Water- The Longest Johns
I absolutely could’ve put Written in Salt here just as easily as both contain PHENOMENAL modern sea shanties which is my absolute favorite genre of music. What really puts this one above Written in Salt is the inclusion of “Bones in the Ocean” a phenomenal a cappella song about survivor’s guilt. While Wellermen gets much of the praise from this album, Bones in the Ocean really does sell it for me.

JokersWild

Original Poster
2. Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs- Marty Robbins
Cowboy music and trail songs are among my favorite genres and this album absolutely encapsulates some of the best. From Big Iron to El Paso, this has some of the most iconic cowboy songs of the 1950s. Cool Water, They’re hanging me tonight, and The Master’s Call also are beloved hits from this album.
It's just 2 LPs of Big Iron.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

4. Purple Rain - Prince

I didn’t really appreciate this album (and Prince as a whole) until much later in his life but wow. This album has everything you need for a perfect Prince album.

Being a Canadian kid in the early 2000’s, it was impossible to avoid Sum 41. While I’m not a huge alt rock fan, the music in this album defined a lot of my childhood and it still sticks with me now.

2. 1989 - Taylor Swift

Pretty much everything Tegan said nailed it on the head. From Welcome to New York, all the way to How You Get The Girl, there are nothing but great songs (I can’t wait for Taylor’s Version). The whole album is perfect

The Beastie Boys are one of my artists all time and it is because of this album. It was my first introduction into that kind of music and it made me stick around with some absolute classics. Paul Revere, Fight For Your Right, No Sleep still Brooklyn, etc. You can never go wrong with these songs/ album!

4. Purple Rain - Prince

2. 1989 - Taylor Swift

FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I meant to do this and then I forgot. Anyway, in no particular order:

1. Pet Sounds/ SMiLE - The Beach Boys
I'm cheating slightly, but SMiLE technically never released and it's basically an extension of the Pet Sounds sessions in the first place so we're going with it. Both are near perfect albums. It gave me a huge appreciation for orchestral pop, and some of my favorite songs come from these albums (Surf's Up, Heroes and Villains, and You Still Believe in Me particularly.)

2. Hawaii Pt. II - Miracle Musical
I needed some sort of modern representation on this list. Honestly, I think this is like the single modern album that I listen to fully. It's a really fantastic album with some really cool synth stuff and instrumentation. It's just a really interesting album that more people should listen to.

3. Hunky Dory - David Bowie
Best Bowie album. No contest. Maybe Ziggy Stardust. I've always been a fan of Bowie, but this is the first album of his that I really fell in love with. Between Oh You Pretty Things, Changes, Life on Mars, and even some of the deeper cuts like Quicksand this album is just great track after great track.

4. Song Cycle - Van D.yke Parks
Van **** Parks is the unsung hero of the '60s. He was a lyricist and producer (writing lyrics for The Beach Boys, The Byrds, and producing a bunch of Randy Newman and Harry Nilsson albums. He also wrote all of the music to The Brave Little Toaster.) and wrote a ton of really interesting avant-garde stuff before he starting writing terrible Calypso music. This is just a really cool, super out there album. The lyrics are wonderfully written and incredibly poignant, and his arrangements, while sometimes a bit much, are really interesting. This is also the one album that I couldn't get @TheOriginalTiki to understand. Please give it a listen. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's still worth listening to at least once.
BOWIE 💜💜💜💜💜💜

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom