So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So somebody used my name and email to book themselves a room at a Days Inn in Roanoke Virginia (A place I am notably not in) and now it’s 10:00 and I’m trying to figure who the hell booked that. It can never just be a normal day
WOW!! Of all the strange problems to have. I’m sorry. I hope you get that resolved.

Suchomimus

I was born in August...
9603336_orig.png

JokersWild

Original Poster
Pixar Rankings.png

So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 18

Season 18 - Deluxe Edition
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki, @mickeyfan5534, @NateD1226, and @Tux
(Summer 2020)

1. @JokersWild
2. @Outbound
3. @goofyyukyuk
4. @AceAstro
5. @DashHaber
6. @NigelChanning
7. @Sharon&Susan
8. @montydysquith-navarro
9. @pix
10. @Brer Panther
11. @PerGron
12. @Pi on my Cake
13. @ThatGuyFromFlorida
14. @Disneylover152
15. Pufflefan (@Garfield Fan)
16. @orlando678-
17. @Basketbuddy101
18. @tcool123
After a two-year long hiatus, So, You Want to be an Imagineer made its triumphant return for it's 18th season. Following the success of Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6, and a now very-active Imagineering board, Season 18 began, becoming far and away the most successful WDWMagic season. Contestants were initially split into three teams, each named after this current console generation's code names - Team Citra, Team Durango, and Team Orbis.

The season went off (mostly) without a hitch, allowing the projects themselves to really shine. To editorialize briefly, Season 18 absolutely saw some of the strongest projects of the game from Islands of Adventure and Curse of the Wendigo to The Incredibles Musical (from which came the season's unofficial theme song, written by @Pi on my Cake and myself) and The Enchanted Palace.

The only real controversy to have come up during the season was the final project. The initial task was for the three finalists to work together to create a park based off of a single IP. The judges thought they were being cool and changed the prompt to force the finalists to make a theme park based around the hit musical and Oscar-snubbed film "CATS." After private back and forth, the finalists ended up making a joke project and hid their actual project, a highly immersive Red Dead Redemption theme park, at the end.

In the end, @JokersWild was crowned the winner, becoming the second two-time winner.

Thanks for joining me on this trip down memory lane. It was a fun exercise, and I think there's some interesting info in some of these posts. Hopefully this provides enough context for the new guys and gives some sort of hint at things to come. Hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for sign-ups which will be in about 27 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom