So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

@mickeyfan5534 random question...are you as stoked for the new St. Vincent album drop???
1620956382062.png

It's been a solid couple years since as I've been as excited about any particular album!

Shannoninthemagic

Used to work at a restaurant and Uber Eats was the worst.

Door Dash was bad, but at least they would have you confirm orders. Uber Eats would just start an order going and assume you got it. Spoiler alert: Half the time we did not get the order because the tablet THEY SENT US AND MADE US USE FOR THEM would be frozen and we'd have no way of knowing it was frozen. So, most Uber Eats orders would then have to be rushed out to an impatient driver in hopes that we wouldn't lose a costumer forever due to problems caused by Uber Eats.

Not to mention the fact that we'd make less of UE orders and customers would pay more for most items on top of the advertised delivery fees. Making it a bad deal for everyone.

My time there made me hate all delivery apps. But UE especially is bad to costumers and to restaurants and to drivers in my experience
Like most of the mc donalds fails have been the ice cream- which tracks for in person. But I ordered five items, and got 2 of them and I'm not blaming Wawa, but it sucks because I ordered more for the drinks then the other things. Food came fine, though they gave me a random thing I didn't order.

JokersWild

Original Poster
Pixar Rankings.png

So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 16

Season 16 - Purists vs. Innovators
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki
(Winter 2018)

1. @Disney Dad 3000
2. @pixie_princess
3. @DisneyManOne
4. @kmbmw777
5. @Pi on my Cake
6. @spacemt354
7. @D Hulk
8. @AceAstro
9. @tcool123
10. @invadersam
11. @Magic Feather
12. @JokersWild
Season 16 saw a slightly new format. While the game mainly adopted the point-based ranking system seen in Season 1-4, it also introduced tiers to the project requirements. Each player could choose to write as an Innovator or a Purist, centered around modern, more out of the box, and classic, more easily digestible requirements respectively.

After a pretty uneventful season, @Disney Dad 3000 rose to the top to claim his title as champion of Season 16.

Last edited:

AceAstro

View attachment 557436

(Winter 2018)

1. @Disney Dad 3000
2. @pixie_princess
3. @DisneyManOne
4. @kmbmw777
5. @Pi on my Cake
6. @spacemt354
7. @D Hulk
8. @AceAstro
9. @tcool123
10. @tcool123
11. @Magic Feather
12. @JokersWild
Season 16 saw a slightly new format. While the game mainly adopted the point-based ranking system seen in Season 1-4, it also introduced tiers to the project requirements. Each player could choose to write as an Innovator or a Purist, centered around modern, more out of the box, and classic, more easily digestible requirements respectively.

After a pretty uneventful season, @Disney Dad 3000 rose to the top to claim his title as champion of Season 16.

I loved this season! It brought the interesting Play-off style of head to head matchups which I hadn’t seen before!

While it lost to the eventual winner of the whole game, I remember making an Italian restaurant that had Rowlf interacting with guests that’s probably one of my more favourite creations through the years!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 557436

(Winter 2018)

1. @Disney Dad 3000
2. @pixie_princess
3. @DisneyManOne
4. @kmbmw777
5. @Pi on my Cake
6. @spacemt354
7. @D Hulk
8. @AceAstro
9. @tcool123
10. @tcool123
11. @Magic Feather
12. @JokersWild

The purist vs Innovator "choose your prompt" set up was super fun! The point tallies to get into the Final 8 during the main season would have worked better if there were more than about 8 players active for most of the season lol. But that gave the main season lower stakes leading to a lot of fun projects. Leading to a really fast paced and intense play offs! Had a lot of fun here.

I remember being really impressed by @pix coming in as a new player half way through the season (the point based system for the main season allowed for that) and learning how to play these kinds of games on the fly. Going from a one paragraph first entry to making it to the final 2!

I think this was the most recent large scale solo game we've had on the forum? So we got a lot of passion projects and really unique ideas here! Ace's Rowlf restaurant, @DisneyManOne's Fantasyland street show with full scripts, @kmbmw777's ice planet sci-fi water park, @spacemt354's Tron coaster (technically a team round, but it was only 3 people and Space was definitely leading the project), @Disney Dad 3000's India Disneyland, lots of really cool stuff that stand out in my mind even years later!

That was also the first time I saw @D Hulk's artwork. I remember him doing a really incredible map for a Disney video game we were designing for a group round! I was astounded!

Sidenote: We talk about duplicate accounts being a big factor in SYWTBAI 19, but looking at this retrospective post for season 16 @tcool123 came in both 9th AND 10th place. So, there's precedence!

JokersWild

Original Poster
The purist vs Innovator "choose your prompt" set up was super fun! The point tallies to get into the Final 8 during the main season would have worked better if there were more than about 8 players active for most of the season lol. But that gave the main season lower stakes leading to a lot of fun projects. Leading to a really fast paced and intense play offs! Had a lot of fun here.

I remember being really impressed by @pix coming in as a new player half way through the season (the point based system for the main season allowed for that) and learning how to play these kinds of games on the fly. Going from a one paragraph first entry to making it to the final 2!

I think this was the most recent large scale solo game we've had on the forum? So we got a lot of passion projects and really unique ideas here! Ace's Rowlf restaurant, @DisneyManOne's Fantasyland street show with full scripts, @kmbmw777's ice planet sci-fi water park, @spacemt354's Tron coaster (technically a team round, but it was only 3 people and Space was definitely leading the project), @Disney Dad 3000's India Disneyland, lots of really cool stuff that stand out in my mind even years later!

That was also the first time I saw @D Hulk's artwork. I remember him doing a really incredible map for a Disney video game we were designing for a group round! I was astounded!

Sidenote: We talk about duplicate accounts being a big factor in SYWTBAI 19, but looking at this retrospective post for season 16 @tcool123 came in both 9th AND 10th place. So, there's precedence!
Yeah I was moving people around and forgot to add @invadersam back in. Unfortunately @tcool123 can only place once, so I've rectified the issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom