So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So I’m done with Cats & I wouldn’t say it’s as bad as people say but I don’t wanna say I think it’s a good movie, I mean I think I can understand why @tcool123 & @AceAstro like the movie, cause aside from pretty environments & some good songs it goes so far against all rules of cinema yet also follows them to a tee so much I can’t help but respect it. Honestly I feel like it would be better subsequent watch-throughs, that being said I probably won’t return to it very soon.
I love how you spend 4007 pages just ripping into it and your final verdict is “yeah it’s okay.”

😂😂😂

Chaos Cat

Imagineerland is back with a Blue Sky Galaxy's Edge:
UN2cspK.jpg

JokersWild

Original Poster
Starting promptly following Season 14's conclusion, Season 15 hoped to finally unite a season under a specific theme - Universal. The season was initially intended to work similarly to SAVII with two teams competing to make a Universal Studios Park during non-elimination qualifying rounds before being pared down into a merged team which would compete with eliminations as normal. This did not sit well with many of the members and the season quickly shifted focus becoming a non-elimination open brainstorming exercise while maintaining the SYWTBAI name.

In the end, Everyone won because they learned to work together to make a really great park.

Last edited:

JokersWild

Original Poster
Don't you dare list me as a host for this season. It was ALL @spacemt354 carrying the torch after I disappeared from the site for a while following the initial fall-out of the Universal theme and a bunch of personal stuff going on at the time. Space should get all the credit for in all likelihood saving the game from another Press Start style "too niche" concept.
We all know that it was the man, the myth, the legend BlueDragonFive who swooped in and saved the day.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
View attachment 557069
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 15

Season 15 - Uniting Universal
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki and BlueDragonFive
(Summer/ Fall 2017)

@AceAstro
@BigThunder26
@brb1006
@Brer Oswald
@Coasterninja
@D Hulk
@Disney Dad 3000
@DisneyFan18
@DisneyManOne
@FigmentsPigments
@JokersWild
@Jtuck
@kmbmw777
@MANEATINGWREATH
@mickeyfan5534
@TheDesignPirate
@orlando678-
@spacemt354
@Suchomimus
@themazethinker
@TwilightZone
Starting promptly following Season 14's conclusion, Season 15 hoped to finally unite a season under a specific theme - Universal. The season was initially intended to work similarly to SAVII with two teams competing to make a Universal Studios Park during non-elimination qualifying rounds before being pared down into a merged team which would compete with eliminations as normal. This did not sit well with many of the members and the season quickly shifted focus becoming a non-elimination open brainstorming exercise while maintaining the SYWTBAI name.

In the end, Everyone won because they learned to work together to make a really great park.

Hey, that one user’s name is FigmentPigments, no ownership “s” in “figment”

spacemt354

Chili's
Season 15 is my favorite season despite it not having an official winner because of many reasons.

It was at a time where competition saturation was becoming a big thing, which very well may become a thing again very soon but that's down the road. We had just came off a 2016 calendar year that had almost a dozen competitions, many running simultaneously, and now we entered a 2017 season that saw more comps but also the advent of group open-brainstorming threads and non-elimination comps such as Great Movie Ride and Club 32, plus the ongoing 3rd season of the One Sentence Comp episodes.

Both of these brought new imagineers into the fray that I think would have otherwise simply decided to watch the more intensive games with smaller rosters since they were elimination based. With that wave of new investment, in a way I think SYWTBAI was at risk of needing some time off, or adjusting a bit to the environment.

The transition towards a Universal open-brainstorming resort in Australia brought in folks like @Disney Dad 3000 (who would go on to win SYWTBAI Season 16), and allowed small contributions like a Fantastic Beasts sub-land by @DisneyFan18 who would go on to be one of the top players in Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4 just to name a few.

And once we got over this hump, Season 16, 17 while a bit more low-key, went pretty smoothly, before Season 18 which by all means was one of the best creative seasons. That's also why I'm a bit hesitant about all the strategy talk for Season 19 because I feel the game has regained its tentpole status after transitioning from VF over the last few seasons without the focus on strategy. That said, I also think with this group of imagineers we'd see more affable strategy techniques.

JokersWild

Original Poster
Season 15 is my favorite season despite it not having an official winner because of many reasons.

It was at a time where competition saturation was becoming a big thing, which very well may become a thing again very soon but that's down the road. We had just came off a 2016 calendar year that had almost a dozen competitions, many running simultaneously, and now we entered a 2017 season that saw more comps but also the advent of group open-brainstorming threads and non-elimination comps such as Great Movie Ride and Club 32, plus the ongoing 3rd season of the One Sentence Comp episodes.

Both of these brought new imagineers into the fray that I think would have otherwise simply decided to watch the more intensive games with smaller rosters since they were elimination based. With that wave of new investment, in a way I think SYWTBAI was at risk of needing some time off, or adjusting a bit to the environment.

The transition towards a Universal open-brainstorming resort in Australia brought in folks like @Disney Dad 3000 (who would go on to win SYWTBAI Season 16), and allowed small contributions like a Fantastic Beasts sub-land by @DisneyFan18 who would go on to be one of the top players in Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4 just to name a few.

And once we got over this hump, Season 16, 17 while a bit more low-key, went pretty smoothly, before Season 18 which by all means was one of the best creative seasons. That's also why I'm a bit hesitant about all the strategy talk for Season 19 because I feel the game has regained its tentpole status after transitioning from VF over the last few seasons without the focus on strategy. That said, I also think with this group of imagineers we'd see more affable strategy techniques.
If it makes you feel any better, I've been at least trying to rein in some people's expectations of strategy. How successful I've been we'll find out in a month lol. I think most of the strategy talk has cooled. At the very least I haven't gotten any PMs, so I'm taking that as a sign.

AS ANOTHER REMINDER, this season really doesn't require strategy. Do what you want (within reason), but strategy isn't going to get you very far. The Three Rings gimmick is more for accessibility and commitment than it is for anything strategic. This is NOT 1986.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom