So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Chaos Cat

So I'm a big fan of Vocaloid songs and one of my favorite Vocaloid producers is Deco*27 (find him here).

Recently, I found that Deco*27 started a interactive music project called MILGRAM about a year ago and it's really awesome. Basically, it's about 10 people who are considered murderers being locked up in the titular prison, with each character's backstory being shown through symbolic music videos the prison generates. The really cool thing about it is that after each MV is posted, the audience can vote via app (currently region locked to Japan, but it is available on QooApp if you really want to vote) whether or not they currently think the prisoner should be forgiven or not, with each verdict influencing the story, and, like, it's actually a tough call in most cases. A lot of the prisoners are very sympathetic, but they're also all guilty to some degree, so it can be a really difficult decision to make. It's quite the interesting moral quarry.

Also, the music slaps.

The project currently still in it's first of three phases (or "trials"), with all but the last two prisoners having received their first MV. You can find all of them on their Youtube channel and they all have English close captioning so you can at least follow the story even if you don't vote. Please check it out, it's so good.

JokersWild

Original Poster
Pixar Rankings.png

So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 8

Season 8 - All Stars vs. Wild-Cards
Hosted by @MANEATINGWREATH and @KingMickey
(Fall 2010)

1. JessieStudio
2. Monkey4057 (@monkey92514)
3. Tiki
4. Adv.BlueDude (@JokersWild)
5. Imagineer2017
6. Disneyland DHI
7. Stratofarious
8. CoastaFreak
9. DisneyRules2010
10. TrevorA
11. BigDisneyFan (@mharrington)
12. OSU Phantom
13. Disneyson1
14. Hack2112
15. Jagfkb
Probably the most volatile season of the series, Season 8 to this day has some of the highest highs and lowest lows of the game. Season 8 was the first season not hosted by @TheOriginalTiki, with @MANEATINGWREATH taking the reins accompanied by Season 7 winner @KingMickey. Beginning as an invitation-only All-Stars season called "Clash of the All-Stars," the season quickly shifted focus during the first project to become "All-Stars vs. Wild-Cards." Season 8 is also the season that introduced Walt's Vault, a secret power that changes and moves between players each project.

Starting with probably the strongest opening project of any season with Mirror Disneyland, the project which introduced both the ToonTown Tower Hotel, and Bellhop Droopy, the game's unofficial mascot, the season quickly took a turn for the controversial with the very early elimination of DisneySon1, a product of @TheOriginalTiki's strategic gameplay. Following this were more controversial dropouts, players being (again, controversially) voted back into the game only to dropout again, and far more than there is time to describe. This all culminated in probably the worst project of game - Comedy Tonight! Tasked with creating an original show to be presented in the Hyperion Theater at DCA, both project were...just not good. This was exacerbated once (incorrect) accusations of plagiarism were thrown around by some members, almost leading to an entire breakdown of the game. Thankfully, the cast was able to come together and finish the season properly.

Following that mess, the rest of the season went off without a hitch. @TheOriginalTiki was able to deliver his "famous" mastermind speech, which, for better or for worse as we'll see in later seasons, set a precedent for future seasons. However, it was JessieStudio who won the season.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Oh god, that "Mastermind" speech is equally cringe and fascinating haha. I really put WAY too much thought into the strategy that season. Some background on this. The All Stars lineup at first was incredible. Before the game began though we had several iconic players like Cole and MadAboutMickey drop out. This resulted in one of my most unprofessional moves as a host I've ever made...making a public post complaining about how we were loosing all the "True" All Stars. This caused Jag to quit and leave the community never to be seen again and I STRONGLY regret my actions. That incident definitely taught me a few things about my attitude online (though I know if you dig I haven't had the best attitude in WDWMagic seasons when things haven't worked out either...work in progress...)

I HIGHLY recommend everyone read my mastermind speech for more context on what was going on that season. Honestly seeing it again it's sort of staggering and stupid just how long that thing is. A bit of clarification on the plagiarism issue with the Comedy Tonight project. I really wanted to adapt a 10 minute 4th wall breaking comedy play that I had written in senior year of high school. So yea, while the project we presented was kind of a mess as it didn't have any sort of Disney flavor, the only thing I plagiarized was myself. I took myself way too seriously as a writer back then, so to be accused of that (by DisneySon who was now observing the game and rightfully most likely bitter at my antics) really didn't sit well with me. Fortunately the Disney Store project happened right after that which went a long way towards putting the ship back on course.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
To help curb overcrowding at the Haunted Mansion now that Disneyland has reopened with the new guidelines, they've opened up a secret entrance as an alternative to help keep guests spaced out. They do still have the Stretching Room, but this is an alternate path just to help out.

Oh hey! Is that what they usually use as the exit for guests who regret entering the mansion? I thought I heard there was an exit like that after the stretching room elevator.

TheOriginalTiki

To help curb overcrowding at the Haunted Mansion now that Disneyland has reopened with the new guidelines, they've opened up a secret entrance as an alternative to help keep guests spaced out. They do still have the Stretching Room, but this is an alternate path just to help out.

That's awesome! They did a great job theming the hallway too if it didn't already look like that.

MANEATINGWREATH

View attachment 555105

(Fall 2010)

1. JessieStudio
3. Tiki
5. Imagineer2017
6. Disneyland DHI
7. Stratofarious
8. CoastaFreak
9. DisneyRules2010
10. TrevorA
12. OSU Phantom
13. Disneyson1
14. Hack2112
15. Jagfkb
Probably the most volatile season of the series, Season 8 to this day has some of the highest highs and lowest lows of the game. Season 8 was the first season not hosted by @TheOriginalTiki, with @MANEATINGWREATH taking the reins accompanied by Season 7 winner @KingMickey. Beginning as an invitation-only All-Stars season called "Clash of the All-Stars," the season quickly shifted focus during the first project to become "All-Stars vs. Wild-Cards." Season 8 is also the season that introduced Walt's Vault, a secret power that changes and moves between players each project.

Starting with probably the strongest opening project of any season with Mirror Disneyland, the project which introduced both the ToonTown Tower Hotel, and Bellhop Droopy, the game's unofficial mascot, the season quickly took a turn for the controversial with the very early elimination of DisneySon1, a product of @TheOriginalTiki's strategic gameplay. Following this were more controversial dropouts, players being (again, controversially) voted back into the game only to dropout again, and far more than there is time to describe. This all culminated in probably the worst project of game - Comedy Tonight! Tasked with creating an original show to be presented in the Hyperion Theater at DCA, both project were...just not good. This was exacerbated once (incorrect) accusations of plagiarism were thrown around by some members, almost leading to an entire breakdown of the game. Thankfully, the cast was able to come together and finish the season properly.

Following that mess, the rest of the season went off without a hitch. @TheOriginalTiki was able to deliver his "famous" mastermind speech, which, for better or for worse as we'll see in later seasons, set a precedent for future seasons. However, it was JessieStudio who won the season.

Even with its many flaws... Season 8 is easily the one that stands the test of time in my memory. I remember waking up everyday to new drama, it was just nonstop. The amount of virtual shouting was just insane, almost to the point King and I considered cancelling. Can you imagine if we had the YouTube channel for this season? It would have been the Visions Fantastic answer to a Fox News interview show.

I wouldn't trade running that season for anything though. It's easily my favorite SYWTBAI to date.

TwilightZone

View attachment 555105

(Fall 2010)

1. JessieStudio
3. Tiki
5. Imagineer2017
6. Disneyland DHI
7. Stratofarious
8. CoastaFreak
9. DisneyRules2010
10. TrevorA
12. OSU Phantom
13. Disneyson1
14. Hack2112
15. Jagfkb

I'm reading comedy tonight and wow, I don't think I ever seen reviews that negative EVER on the imagineering forum. I didnt really read either play too much, but both plots aren't too great so I get it but wow haha. Also the overuse of the word epic brings back memories of the early 2010s haha, everything really did have to be epic back then for no reason. It's part of why I don't like the epic universe name.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm reading comedy tonight and wow, I don't think I ever seen reviews that negative EVER on the imagineering forum. I didnt really read either play too much, but both plots aren't too great so I get it but wow haha. Also the overuse of the word epic brings back memories of the early 2010s haha, everything really did have to be epic back then for no reason. It's part of why I don't like the epic universe name.
I'm reading them and realizing that VisionsFantastic had their very own version of @b-wolf95 ;) 😁

Stratofarius:

Now, now, let's not get ***** of ourselves.

What the **** is this? Why are my ***** censored?

What kind of ******** is this? Stop **! * order you ** stop **!

*** consuming **! I **** stop **! AAAAAAAAA*********!

Chaos Cat

I'm reading them and realizing that VisionsFantastic had their very own version of @b-wolf95 ;) 😁

Stratofarius:

Now, now, let's not get ***** of ourselves.

What the **** is this? Why are my ***** censored?

What kind of ******** is this? Stop **! * order you ** stop **!

*** consuming **! I **** stop **! AAAAAAAAA*********!

Is it bad that I thought this was about how I have a potty-mouth in the More Pooh Talk chat at first?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom