So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

That S3 stuff is just baffling to me!
A dude pretending to be an actual imagineer.
Did he ever participate in games prior to that? I know y’all said he left the forums afterwards.
It was a really weird situation. He'd get super specific about stuff like the sizes of footprints for different projects and was just generally speaking a pretty unpleseant person to work with. He came clean about the whole fake Imagineer thing at the end of the season and then disappeared into oblivion. Unless he resurfaced under a different alias and just doesn't want to admit who he is, as far as I'm concerned the dude's long since been a ghost in the community.

Season seven actually featured a guy who would go on to intern directly under Tony Baxter, become an Imagineer in his own right, and pretty much write THE literal textbook on theme park design.

tcool123

FastPass died?! :DThat’s the best thing I’ve ever heard!
Yes but no

Fastpass is being used now for people who have DASH or enough money (VIP tours). Rumor is that it is not coming back in the new normal as it was when it was Fastpass+. In fact I'm like 80% sure I noticed the Fastpass+ signage for Living with the Land gone. Will check again tomorrow.

Still not 100%. Spending the day on my couch. Avoid homemade ceviche, everyone.
I -
Hulk whatcha think was gonna happen it's still raw fish! With that said my dad does make a mean ceviche and a lot of my Peruvian friends make a good ceviche, but odds are it's because there family recipes older than any of us 😂

TheOriginalTiki

@D Hulk I'm playing around with the idea of joining you for the Texas leg of your road trip. Those parks are definitely on my radar. Not really "bucket list" persay, but it'd be really great to crack them all out in one fell swoop. I could fly into John Wayne and fly back to Cali via San Antonio (or whatever city is closest to Arlington if hitting Over Texas last would be easier for your route)

Funding and time off work is still relatively up in the air, but I'm definitely interested if you'll have me.

D Hulk

@D Hulk I'm playing around with the idea of joining you for the Texas leg of your road trip. Those parks are definitely on my radar. Not really "bucket list" persay, but it'd be really great to crack them all out in one fell swoop. I could fly into John Wayne and fly back to Cali via San Antonio (or whatever city is closest to Arlington if hitting Over Texas last would be easier for your route)

Funding and time off work is still relatively up in the air, but I'm definitely interested if you'll have me.
Also any chance we'd be able to hit Magic Mountain on our way out of Cali?
By all means, tag along!

I haven’t fully plotted my route yet, but it looks like first we’d hit San Antonio for Fiesta Texas and SeaWorld, then the DFW / Arlington area for SF Over Texas. So consider flights home from there.

A Magic Mountain add-on is certainly doable too. It’s a day trip from my house, in the opposite direction.

EDIT: If you can find a cheap flight to Burbank Bob Hope, that’s easier for me.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
FastPass died?! :DThat’s the best thing I’ve ever heard!

October it is then. I would greatly appreciate the perspective of folks who’ve been there before and are comfortable there. (Hulk can then return that favor with Anaheim or Japan.)

October gives Hulk much more time to determine if road tripping it is feasible. I’d far prefer that because of the freedom it offers (researching Orlando transportation this morning infuriated me, and then I passed out from food poisoning). Then we could all crash at Pi’s place!!!
012FFFDC-D36A-49CF-B2E5-438909DAFEA7.jpeg

IT’S HAPPENING!!!!

spacemt354

Chili's
By all means, tag along!

I haven’t fully plotted my route yet, but it looks like first we’d hit San Antonio for Fiesta Texas and SeaWorld, then the DFW / Arlington area for SF Over Texas. So consider flights home from there.

A Magic Mountain add-on is certainly doable too. It’s a day trip from my house, in the opposite direction.

EDIT: If you can find a cheap flight to Burbank Bob Hope, that’s easier for me.
HulkTiki!

PerGron

I don't see anything wrong with WDW's FastPass, but I prefer the Disneyland system, to be honest.
I hate WDW's system. Having to plan what you want to do and when 60 days in advance sucks. Plus, going during a busier time if you want FOP, Slinky, or any of the other newer E-tickets you've gotta get up early in the morning when it opens. It is what it is, but I miss the days of deciding what park to do the day of rather than having to plan every waking minute of your trip months in advance.

TheOriginalTiki

What's wrong with FastPass? I know Disneyland doesn't use it because the visitors are mostly state locals, but is it really that bad of an experience for you to use?
It slows stand-by queues down to a crawl, especially in WDW. Disneyland still has that problem, but it's especially pronounced when pretty much every single major attraction was using it in Florida. (I vividly remember entering a 15 minute line for Living with the Land and ducking out after ten minutes because the queue had only moved like one out of five switchbacks haha)

@D Hulk Burbank might be tricky for me since I usually like to fly out of Santa Rosa. What about LAX? Another option might be for me to still fly into John Wayne and have Monkey pick me up and us meet you at Magic Mountain. Not sure how feasible that would be though since I'm not sure if Rob would want to drive all the way out there for limited operations and it'd also add at least another day on to my schedule. Any other parks you're looking at between Cali and Texas? Pretty sure it's out of the way, but I'll throw Lagoon into the conversation just to say I did it haha. I know that's also a park you've had your eye on. Also I hope we'd have time to stop at ZTD's in Texas. Super small park, basically just a Family Fun Center, but it's home to the world's only reverse incline wooden shuttle coaster.
Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-09-15%2Bat%2B8.18.14%2BPM.png

TheOriginalTiki

@D Hulk right now the most realistic option I'm picturing is having me fly into LAX in the evening and crashing with you for the night. Then in the morning we'd hit Magic Mountain at rope drop and be out of there by mid-day. I mostly want to just get the West Coast Racers credit and hit up Tatsu, X2, Twisted, and Throttle if we can. Everything else is pretty much expendable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom