So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

mickeyfan5534

QotD: Who is your favorite Disney Princess and why? They all have their virtues and each of them is amazing in her own right, but who stands out to you?
For me, it's Belle. She's intelligent, she's kind, and yet she gives as good as she gets, she commands respect, and she will give up everything for those she loves. She's not typically beautiful: she's got something of a wonky nose and she makes faces throughout the movie that I don't think any other princess would make, yet, those little flaws add so much to her beauty.
I love her so much.

PerGron

QotD: Who is your favorite Disney Princess and why? They all have their virtues and each of them is amazing in her own right, but who stands out to you?
Anna as she’s the most real in my opinion. She‘s awkward, needy, sarcastic, and overall just very genuine. I wish Frozen II had established her development a bit more instead of reverting her to her original needy self, but I still really enjoy her character throughout both films and all the shorts.

EmFromPlanetEarth

I have a cool idea for a ride system. So it’s like set up like a gravitron ride, with riders seated against the wall, but there are seats on the wall, and only seating on one side of the circular building. The ride can rotate, and the seats are situated on a track that can drop or lift them up to different levels, and walls can open up to show new scenes. Think of carousel of progress, combined with tower of terror. Each level can rotate independently by the way.

JokersWild

Hey, guys. So I went a bit overboard this week and wrote two projects (I technically wrote four, but I didn't have the time to properly write two of them up.) Because of this, the top project is my actual submission. The second is purely supplementary, but I'd love to hear feedback from the judges if they have the time. Thank you, and you all are beautiful.

Jitney Geyser - Carsland, Disney California Adventure
Resting majestically in the open area between the backside of Ramone’s, Flo’s, and the perimeter fence for Radiator Springs Racers, Jitney Geyser offers a stunning photo opportunity that can only be found in Carsland. Here sits a small pool of blue-green water, which is so clear that the circular steppes of the geyser’s paint pots can be seen. In the center of this pool sits a small island, out of which is a naturally occurring rock formation that looks suspiciously like a wrecked Ford Model T, which appears to have “crashed” into a petrified tree, the bottom of which is partially encased in limestone formed by the geyser’s mineral-rich waters. Spring water trickles from a source in the formation that looks suspiciously like a punched in grille. Every hour, the geyser erupts with water from what looks like the formation’s radiator cap bringing kinetic energy to a mostly overlooked corner of Carsland.

Tony Stark Memorial Park - Avengers Campus, Disney California Adventure
In a corner of Avengers Campus is a small park surrounded by a low stone fence. To the right of the park’s entrance, embedded in the stone of the fence, is a small bronze plaque which reads:
“Tony Stark Memorial Park”

The park’s lush, but simple, greenery is cut by a wide circular gravel pathway surrounded by benches. Each of these benches have been lovingly donated by a family whose lives have been affected by Tony Stark. Some of these benefactors include “Peter and May Parker”, “Happy Hogan,” and “Steve and Peggy Rogers.”

In the center of the park is a somewhat large square pool made of polished black stone filled with still water, creating a reflection effect. Rising through the center of the pool is a large bronze statue of Iron Man, who appears to be flying upward. His helmet is removed, revealing Tony Stark’s head. Etched into the smooth gray stone of the statue’s base are these words:
“No amount of money ever bought a second of time”
-Tony Stark

Apologies for the lack of art. I was trying to make some drawings, but I ran out of time and I wasn't at all satisfied with what I had drawn. Please give me 3/10 for presentation. Thank you.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I have a cool idea for a ride system. So it’s like set up like a gravitron ride, with riders seated against the wall, but there are seats on the wall, and only seating on one side of the circular building. The ride can rotate, and the seats are situated on a track that can drop or lift them up to different levels, and walls can open up to show new scenes. Think of carousel of progress, combined with tower of terror. Each level can rotate independently by the way.

This is a ridiculously creative concept! Can't wait to see if you can work it into an E-Ticket during the main game. Definitely hold on o it.

DisneyManOne

For me, it's Belle. She's intelligent, she's kind, and yet she gives as good as she gets, she commands respect, and she will give up everything for those she loves. She's not typically beautiful: she's got something of a wonky nose and she makes faces throughout the movie that I don't think any other princess would make, yet, those little flaws add so much to her beauty.
I love her so much.
Same here. I don't understand why people say she's an example of Stockholm Syndrome. When she's first in the castle, she refuses to put up with the Beast's antics. When he demands she dine with him, she holds her ground and refuses. Likewise, she deliberately breaks her promise and up and leaves because she recognizes the fact that she was nearly in legitimate danger. Think about it: the Beast's tantrum over dinner was akin to that of a spoiled little kid, right down to the whole "parents (or surrogate parents) forcing you to be polite" thing. But his reaction to her in the West Wing? Yeah, there's a good chance that with one wrong move, she'd be seriously injured, or worse, dead. This is why she says "Promise or no promise, I can't stay here" (I'm paraphrasing, but still.). And as she tends to his wounds, she does not let him forget the fact that he frightened her and outright says he needs to control his temper. As the blog Up On The Shelf said, "It’s one thing hearing it from your servants/guardians as a mild suggestion, but from the person who saved your life and is your possible love interest? That’s something you can no longer ignore."

Compare this to the Belles of the DTV sequels and of the 2017 remake. If you ask me, they're the reason why people think Belle had Stockholm Syndrome. When I first saw the 2017 remake for the first time, I recognized that Belle didn't promise to stay, thus when she leaves after the West Wing incident, there's no real stakes. Plus, she's not scared over the ordeal. If anything, she's petulant! Not helping matters is that Dan Stevens' performance in the scene is nowhere near as horrifyingly angry as Robby Benson's (if anything, Stevens sounds like a teen telling his mom to get out of his room), so in the end, it looks like Belle's overreacting instead of the Beast. I have plans of doing my own Disney review show one day, and I swear, I've already got a good joke up my sleeve for if I review this movie. I plan to cap off a whole rant about how this version of the West Wing scene just proves how inferior the remake is to the original with a discussion of how petulant Belle acts about it, ending with me following a clip of Belle saying "I'm getting out of here" with me dubbing in "I'm sick of being barely yelled at!"

NigelChanning

This submission is just for fun but I’d be thankful to get some feedback on it.

Partysaurus Rex Statues
These statues are for Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. They’re based on the short “Partysaurus Rex”. They will be tucked to the right of Woodys Lunchbox. The oversized statues will be of the captain, the duck, and the Viking. They will be able to randomly spray guests with water as they walk by. Water will shoot out of the Viking’s mouth as well as the ducks. The captain will not shoot water but will be able to talk and say a limited set of phrases if a guest is sprayed. At night, lights will be present to give off a party feel like in the short.
27C3101B-7007-4293-972B-B4EAFE46C9B1.jpeg
6E8BCC87-19DD-4C00-9EC3-929B34A51EEB.jpeg

NateD1226

My favorite would have to be Tiana! I love her persistent attitude and spunk. She is also very relatable with her big goals and having to work hard to get to certain things in life. Even though she goes through hard times, she never gives up which is a great inspiration.

mickeyfan5534

This weeks been pretty tough here when it comes to my private situation, so I really havent had the time to sit down and think up anything. My apologies for the inactivity during this weeks challenge/prompt, I guess sometimes its just a bit of setting priorities.
It's all good. Life gets in the way and nothing REALLY matters at this point anyway other than a boon for the best performing player. Here's hoping things look up for you

Disney Dad 3000

Not a huge princess guy, but a more recent one, Rapunzel, has been one of my favorites. Probably some combination of Mandy Moore doing the voice work, but I like that she's a little different. An adventurous spirit, some quirk, a chance to see a princess learn more about a world she's been shut out of for most of her life.

NigelChanning

I’m gonna say Vanellope Von Schweetz. She’s super unique and not afraid to call out some of the typical princess stereotypes. Other princesses can say they’ve been “shunned by society” but not like Vanellope can and she’s gotten through it without any parental figure.

Orange Cat

My favorite would have to be Tiana! I love her persistent attitude and spunk. She is also very relatable with her big goals and having to work hard to get to certain things in life. Even though she goes through hard times, she never gives up which is a great inspiration.
Agreed

NigelChanning

QotD:
What’s your parks “white whale”? What is something you've always wanted but just haven't ever been able to catch? Dining? Entertainment? Rope drop to Kiss Goodnight? Ride? Tell me about it
Test Track. Because the line is always crazy long, it would only be convenient for me to ride with a FastPass. But due to EPCOT’s messed up tier system, I always have to choose between Test Track and Frozen Ever After. Other than that, I’d have to say the shows at the Magic Kingdom like Carousel of Progress, the Tiki Room, and Country Bear Jamboree. I just never have enough time to sit down and watch the shows but hopefully some day I will.

tcool123

QotD:
What’s your parks “white whale”? What is something you've always wanted but just haven't ever been able to catch? Dining? Entertainment? Rope drop to Kiss Goodnight? Ride? Tell me about it
Being able to afford the Spirit Jerseys. Theyre cute af, but that price aint it. Like 80 bucks for a long sleeve really aint it 🥵

However at the same time it hasnt stopped me before, and I've bought one for Christmas time. Was tempted to buy the Ink and Paint or Hoth ones but just can’t bring myself to buying it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom