So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 17: The International Edition

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'm going to go ahead and open up the applications, keeping in mind there is still one Fastpass available that would guarantee someone a spot on Team Paris. The application process is a few simple questions with a lightning round Armchair Imagineering assignment on the side. Let's get to it!

1. Rank the three teams in order of personal interest to you, and why.
2. What is one strength you possess as an Armchair Imagineer, and one thing you'd like to improve.
3. Design a themed water fountain, bench, street lamp, or lemonade stand for the international park of your choosing. This should only be a paragraph or two long and is intended to showcase your talents in a quick burst.

DisneyFan18

I'm going to go ahead and open up the applications, keeping in mind there is still one Fastpass available that would guarantee someone a spot on Team Paris. The application process is a few simple questions with a lightning round Armchair Imagineering assignment on the side. Let's get to it!

2. What is one strength you possess as an Armchair Imagineer, and one thing you'd like to improve.
3. Design a themed water fountain, bench, street lamp, or lemonade stand for the international park of your choosing. This should only be a paragraph or two long and is intended to showcase your talents in a quick burst.
@spacemt354 ! :D

Magic Feather

1. China, Tokyo, Paris (Ranked from Highest to Lowest Preference)
(Eek, forgot the Why, edited to add)

Coincidentally, this is the order in which I have most recently visited the parks (ex. HK was my most recent). To start off, I have a ton of ideas about Hong Kong, it is so quaint and charming, and feels like an older, yet more modern Disneyland. I can’t say that I loved Shanghai, but, the scale and opportunities the park presents are, well, unprecedented. The Tokyo parks are probably my favorites that I have been to, and I would also love to create for them. If Hong Kong is Quaint then Tokyo is Grand, yet it still finds a way to feel close and packed in, unlike Shanghai. Paris has always been a bit meh for me, although their castle park is enchanting, matinence is horrid (being slightly improved), guests and cast alike were so so (compared to Tokyo’s outgoing and engaging cast). Just not an environment I am particularly fond of creating for.

2. Strength- Ideas and Concepts. I am normally able to create and solidify one very quickly.
Weakness- Fleshing the Ideas out into Detail. Sometimes, something that would take me a paragraph takes another five pages. While this is both a blessing and a curse, I need to find a way to make it have both quality and quantity.

Grizzly Geysers at Geyser Gulch
037EE912-F07A-426B-9E89-C08AD3706EAF.jpeg
Found adjacent to the Geyser Gulch Play Area, guests will find a small series of rock outcroppings that seem to form the shape of bears playing together, but with an odd small detail. The bears all have their mouths agape and a hole in their... back. As guests approach this fun bear formation, they will see the imprints of bear paws found. Upon stepping on any pair of paws, the bear nearest them will begin the flow water from its mouth, providing a refreshing treat to all that visit these unusual Geyser formations. To allow for all guests to partake in the fun, bears of varying heights will be available so everyone, regardless of age or height, can get a sip from these fun features.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's

#1 - Team Tokyo
#2 - Team Paris
#3 - Team China

I wasn't being tagged to play before last night and was contemplating taking the summer off after Sorcerer's Apprentice anyway, mostly because of some general imagineering fatigue and my upcoming schedule. That being said when I noticed @Pionmycake signed up and there were options to pick teams, after all this time I'd never worked with him (and a few others who surprisingly I've never been teammates with) So since Pi was on Tokyo - and some other folks were interested in Tokyo, that ended up being the main catalyst behind my interest for Team Tokyo.

One strength is that I care about this community and everyone getting an opportunity to succeed and have fun. I've been active here long enough to see people grow over time and see the community itself evolve into what I believe is one of the most welcoming environments on the forum, and I take great pride in being someone who helped steer in that direction. I mean this is where I met Red in 2015, so this community will always have a special place, even with what I have coming up and have to fade away, I'll be satisfied knowing how much I put into it.

One thing I'd like to improve is not taking the lead on team projects either voluntarily or having the self-control to not put myself in a position where I'm the most active and involved, where I end up taking on most of the work. In what could be my last team comp for a while - I'd really like to be a facilitator. Play off the ball so to speak, and use the skills that I've developed to help flesh things out rather than provide the genesis for concepts and also flesh it out.

3. Design a themed water fountain, bench, street lamp, or lemonade stand for the international park of your choosing.

The Fountain of Nations
epcotcenter.jpg

At Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park, installed in front of the 'Spaceship Earth' building is totally not a rip off of the Fountain of Nations... Fountain of Nations water fountain. Bursts of water high into the sky with the picturesque backdrop of the 'Spaceship Earth' offers breath-taking views and panoramic shots for the ambiance of the park. Can't believe nobody ever thought of that!

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
MonorailRed's Application

1. Team Tokyo
In what will probably be my last competition, I am really interested in trying my hand with Team Tokyo! I haven't played ever on the same team as Pi, DisneyFan, or D Hindley and what could be space and I's last comp together it would be a nice send off in the one place we always wanted to go down the road (Tokyo!:D)

2. Something to improve is my written content. While artwork is more of my strength along with supporting everyone, my writing recently has taken a dip and I'd like to try and improve with that. Write a little more detailed about concepts is usually something that someone else does on a team with me :oops::p Maybe this time it could be different!

3. Tick Tock Point

Inside the upcoming Peter Pan miniland of Tokyo DisneySea, you can sit on a bench called Tick Tock point near the giant Skull Rock, and look out on the Neverland lagoon. The bench is made from a marooned Pirate ship from long ago, equipped and decked out with a sail awning for shade from the sun, and cover in the rain. Underneath the bench are secret pixie dust charging ports to plug in your mobile devices. Near Skull Rock will provide an amazing scenic perspective of the mountains and the rest of the expansion area.
aerial-tokyo-disneysea-expansion.jpeg

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
MonorailRed's Application

1. Team Tokyo
In what will probably be my last competition, I am really interested in trying my hand with Team Tokyo! I haven't played ever on the same team as Pi, DisneyFan, or D Hindley and what could be space and I's last comp together it would be a nice send off in the one place we always wanted to go down the road (Tokyo!:D)

2. Something to improve is my written content. While artwork is more of my strength along with supporting everyone, my writing recently has taken a dip and I'd like to try and improve with that. Write a little more detailed about concepts is usually something that someone else does on a team with me :oops::p Maybe this time it could be different!

3. Tick Tock Point

Inside the upcoming Peter Pan miniland of Tokyo DisneySea, you can sit on a bench called Tick Tock point near the giant Skull Rock, and look out on the Neverland lagoon. The bench is made from a marooned Pirate ship from long ago, equipped and decked out with a sail awning for shade from the sun, and cover in the rain. Underneath the bench are secret pixie dust charging ports to plug in your mobile devices. Near Skull Rock will provide an amazing scenic perspective of the mountains and the rest of the expansion area.
aerial-tokyo-disneysea-expansion.jpeg

Happy to have you on board! :) Team Tokyo is shaping up to be a powerhouse. We need some more people for the Paris team in particular. Space and Red, if you have anyone in mind who might want to play I'd really appreciate if you tagged them. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I have some folks in mind but I know it's tough to play 3 comps in a row so I don't want to force anyone - but let's see if we can get some old SYWTBAI players as some new faces to imagineering comps in 2018!

@Basketbuddy101
The only 2x winner of this competition and a brilliant artist
Exterior_zpsi3nn40hu.png

@MANEATINGWREATH
Creator of the World's Largest Theme Park that it was an honor to help him with designing the map for! Would be awesome to compete with or against you, MEW!
dream-resort-jpg.257510

@SandyClaws - another talented artist and great imagineer - would be nice to see him back!
screen-shot-2016-07-09-at-12-02-24-am-png.150172

spacemt354

Chili's
In addition - while some of these folks might not have the resume as some of the above being new to imagineering - these are great creative talents to the imagineer forum with recent threads of their own who might want to try a team competition.

@Donaldb112
Empty Space in DHS Thread
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/empty-space-in-hollywood-studios.944224/

@Cheekylittlerobot
With her Horizons Resort thread!
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/horizons-resort.944010/

@DisneyForever
Has his new DLP 3rd Gate thread (might be good for Team Paris!)
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneys-abroad-disneyland-paris-third-gate.943815/#post-8235041

Suchomimus

Three ways I see this competition happening. First is creating an attraction based on the works Miyazaki for the upcoming Studio Ghibli Park. Second is the same as the first option, but for TDR; which has been done to death (at least IMO) and would also be redundant with the aforementioned park. And finally, create a new attraction for either Port Discovery or perhaps The Mysterious Island at DisneySEA, or even Discoveryland over in Paris. I’m hoping that the former would be what the Project is about.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Three ways I see this competition happening. First is creating an attraction based on the works Miyazaki for the upcoming Studio Ghibli Park. Second is the same as the first option, but for TDR; which has been done to death (at least IMO) and would also be redundant with the aforementioned park. And finally, create a new attraction for either Port Discovery or perhaps The Mysterious Island at DisneySEA, or even Discoveryland over in Paris. I’m hoping that the former would be what the Project is about.

Good guesses, but in the words of Luke Skywalker "everything you just said is wrong..." ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom