So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 17: The International Edition

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Greetings, fellow Armchair Imagineers. It's been a while, and probably a bit longer than I was intending. With Sorcerer's Apprentice wrapping up, I thought now would be the time to get the ball rolling on awareness for this summer's premiere Armchair Imagineering competition. The International Edition will return to the Season Six format...this means a Team Captain of All Star status will be present to help guide each of the three teams.

This format also entails the captain to nominate two people for elimination should your team loose. From that point the judges will decide between the team captain (who always holds responsibility for a loss) and the two nominees for who gets eliminated. Really, that's about it. Walt's Vault will NOT be making a return this season, nor will Diamond PoMVPs which in the past worked as "hidden Immunity Idols". The regular "PoMVP" will be handed out by the team captain of the winning team each round for who was the most valuable contributor. That person cannot be nominated the following round.

With that in mind, the two teams are Team China, and Team Tokyo. The resorts each team will be working with should be self explanatory, though parks might vary from project to project. The first few rounds will be team-based, with the format opening up after that. This game will start in mid-July and last until mid-September.

Please complete this brief application to officially get signed up to join the contestant roster for the season!
  • 1. Would you rather join Team China or Team Tokyo, and why?
  • 2. What is one strength you possess as an Armchair Imagineer, and one thing you'd like to improve.
  • 3. Design a themed water fountain, bench, street lamp, or lemonade stand for the international park of your choosing. This should only be a paragraph or two long and is intended to showcase your talents in a quick burst.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
29541471_1794560257249795_4067411597619892679_n.jpg

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Application Casting Process (Starts when Fastpasses run out)

Team China
1. @FireMountain
2. @DSquared
3. @Snoopy
4. @Magic Feather
5. @mickeyfan5534

6. ???

Team Tokyo
1. @Pionmycake
2. @DisneyFan18
3. @D Hindley
4. @spacemt354
5. @DisneyManOne
6. ???

From this point, any remaining applicants and late sign ups will be added to an "alternates" list and will be added into the game on a first come first serve basis in the event of drop outs through the first four rounds. Team Captain positions will be offered privately through the application process and the eventual captains will be revealed during the Project One announcement.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'll take a Fastpass for team China.
Permission to request Team Paris
Both added! Also forgot to mention but starting date will be approximately July 1st assuming we have enough people in the cast by that point (15 people at three teams of five is about the smallest we can go for the project roster lined up) This will give us a solid week between Sorcerer's Apprentice ending and this starting.

mickeyfan5534

Both added! Also forgot to mention but starting date will be approximately July 1st assuming we have enough people in the cast by that point (15 people at three teams of five is about the smallest we can go for the project roster lined up) This will give us a solid week between Sorcerer's Apprentice ending and this starting.
Mickeyfan will be very drunk that day but cool.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Team Tokyo! I'll accept the offer!
I’ll join Team Tokyo too.
I'll join #TeamTokyo! What do you say @D Hindley , @spacemt354 , @pixie_princess , @AceAstro ?
@spacemt354, since you posted last is it okay if I place you on Team Paris instead? We'll preserve the "magic" of online Fastpasses and a minute of connection time being the difference between getting and not getting a Fastpass for your favorite attraction :p

spacemt354

Chili's
@spacemt354, since you posted last is it okay if I place you on Team Paris instead? We'll preserve the "magic" of online Fastpasses and a minute of connection time being the difference between getting and not getting a Fastpass for your favorite attraction :p
Well I was tagged for Team Tokyo - so that's why I signed up! If it's not Team Tokyo I can sit it out -- I won't have a lot of time to be a captain or anchor a team, was signing up because I was asked ;)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Well I was tagged for Team Tokyo - so that's why I signed up! If it's not Team Tokyo I can sit it out -- I won't have a lot of time to be a captain or anchor a team, was signing up because I was asked ;)
To be fair, you can absolutely sign up for Team Tokyo via the application process which I'm going to start tomorrow morning. The offer for Team Paris was more of a complimentary thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom