So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14 (Discussion & Hype!!)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
A long time ago, in a forum very, very near...

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

Wait... Whoa, this is the wrong dialogue. Somebody get me the correct cue cards, please. Thank you. *Ahem...

After several years in retirement, MANEATINGWREATH, friend of Tiki and previous winner of So, You Want to be an Imagineer has made his triumphant return as Co-Host for Season 14. With an emphasis on fun and imagination, Tiki and MEW promise a season packed with treats for the creative thinker in all of us, of course with the usual twists and turns along the way. Though these twists and turns are far from game-altering or dramatic...

Luke Skywalker has disappeared. In his absence, the evil First Order... Wait, come on, man. You got our cue cards mixed up with Lucasfilm's Cue Cards Again...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

@TheOriginalTiki and yours truly, MANEATINGWREATH, are pleased to announce the much anticipated 2017 debut of...

So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14

As the Internet's oldest and perhaps longest-running armchair Imagineering contest, SYWTBAI has seen countless contestants come and go since its conception in the early 2000s, such as Cole Younger, a real Imagineer and the best-selling author behind Theme Park Design. From our days at Visions Fantastic to the success of our YouTube Channel, SYWTBAI has grown for almost a decade and counting, and continues to show no signs of stopping. As this season's Co-Host, it is truly an honor to be apart of such an inspiring legacy.

Fear not, my friends. We have heard your wishes from Season 13. We can assure you that, aside from the traditional PoMVP and Walt's Vault, Season 14 will be all about an aspect that we all too often disassociate with armchair Imagineering: Fun. We're going back to the basics here. Don't expect an omnipresent focus on strategy and difficult IPs. We're all about being fun and accessible this season. After all, isn't that what armchair Imagineering is all about? Fun, fellowship and imagination. And what better way to return to the basics than by revisiting some of the absolute greatest projects the game has seen in its thirteen prior seasons?

To better reintroduce the distinctly Visions Fantastic contest to WDWMagic, we will be revisiting some of our favorite project prompts of all-time, one per season. What we have lined up for this season is truly incredible, and I cannot wait to see what the minds of WDWMagic are able to come up with.

Though I refuse to reveal if any of these projects will be featured prompts this season, I will share this link:

http://soyouwanttobeanimagineer.blogspot.com/2010/05/top-10-projects-epic-finale-part-two.html

Tiki's Top 10 Favorite Projects can be found on this blogspot, as well as actual cuts of past projects, fortunately preserved prior to our mass exodus from VF. Also, in the meantime, enjoy your first teaser of the season... Be forewarned, it's subtle.

007-mad+doctor.jpg

Clearly, it's the Mad Doctor of Disney's Silly Symphonies. It is now up to you to guess what he pertains to... Epic Mickey? Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Star Wars? Big Thunder Mountain? Truly, the sky's the limit, even with your guessing.

We will be announcing an official starting date soon (January 2017), so in the meantime, look forward to sign-ups beginning on December 20th. True, the official discussion thread has been posted a month before the game even begins, but nonetheless, chat away! Tiki, anything you'd like to add?

Be prepared, folks. The best is yet to come. Please do consider joining us for one of the best rides yet. This is SYWTBAI at its prime.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

A long time ago, in a forum very, very near...

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

Wait... Whoa, this is the wrong dialogue. Somebody get me the correct cue cards, please. Thank you. *Ahem...

After several years in retirement, MANEATINGWREATH, friend of Tiki and previous winner of So, You Want to be an Imagineer has made his triumphant return as Co-Host for Season 14. With an emphasis on fun and imagination, Tiki and MEW promise a season packed with treats for the creative thinker in all of us, of course with the usual twists and turns along the way. Though these twists and turns are far from game-altering or dramatic...

Luke Skywalker has disappeared. In his absence, the evil First Order... Wait, come on, man. You got our cue cards mixed up with Lucasfilm's Cue Cards Again...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

@TheOriginalTiki and yours truly, MANEATINGWREATH, are pleased to announce the much anticipated 2017 debut of...

So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14

As the Internet's oldest and perhaps longest-running armchair Imagineering contest, SYWTBAI has seen countless contestants come and go since its conception in the early 2000s, such as Cole Younger, a real Imagineer and the best-selling author behind Theme Park Design. From our days at Visions Fantastic to the success of our YouTube Channel, SYWTBAI has grown for almost a decade and counting, and continues to show no signs of stopping. As this season's Co-Host, it is truly an honor to be apart of such an inspiring legacy.

Fear not, my friends. We have heard your wishes from Season 13. We can assure you that, aside from the traditional PoMVP and Walt's Vault, Season 14 will be all about an aspect that we all too often disassociate with armchair Imagineering: Fun. We're going back to the basics here. Don't expect an omnipresent focus on strategy and difficult IPs. We're all about being fun and accessible this season. After all, isn't that what armchair Imagineering is all about? Fun, fellowship and imagination. And what better way to return to the basics than by revisiting some of the absolute greatest projects the game has seen in its thirteen prior seasons?

To better reintroduce the distinctly Visions Fantastic contest to WDWMagic, we will be revisiting some of our favorite project prompts of all-time, one per season. What we have lined up for this season is truly incredible, and I cannot wait to see what the minds of WDWMagic are able to come up with.

Though I refuse to reveal if any of these projects will be featured prompts this season, I will share this link:

http://soyouwanttobeanimagineer.blogspot.com/2010/05/top-10-projects-epic-finale-part-two.html

Tiki's Top 10 Favorite Projects can be found on this blogspot, as well as actual cuts of past projects, fortunately preserved prior to our mass exodus from VF. Also, in the meantime, enjoy your first teaser of the season... Be forewarned, it's subtle.

007-mad+doctor.jpg

Clearly, it's the Mad Doctor of Disney's Silly Symphonies. It is now up to you to guess what he pertains to... Epic Mickey? Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Star Wars? Big Thunder Mountain? Truly, the sky's the limit, even with your guessing.

We will be announcing an official starting date soon (January 2017), so in the meantime, look forward to sign-ups beginning on December 20th. True, the official discussion thread has been posted a month before the game even begins, but nonetheless, chat away! Tiki, anything you'd like to add?

Be prepared, folks. The best is yet to come. Please do consider joining us for one of the best rides yet. This is SYWTBAI at its prime.

I can't read the yellow text.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I can't read the yellow text.

I have unfortunate news. The yellow text can't read you either. Because it's text. Haha.

It says:

TheOriginalTiki

I really have nothing to add that MEW hasn't already covered. The tagline for this is "A Different Kind of All Star Season" and that's my primary inspiration for what were cooking up. Unlike season 13, which because of its symbolic number had been planned as a Murder Mystery since LONG before the switch to WDWMagic and therefore needed the extra gameplay mechanics...were dialing things all the way back for "Greatest Hits". It truly is going to emphasize creativity above all else and will be a great way to introduce newer fans of the game to some of the most legendary projects while giving people who have been following the game from the get go a chance to see these iconic concepts recreated for a new generation featuring a collection of players that are most likely going to be leagues more skilled than many of the SYWTBAI casts that came before it simply due to changing technology and a larger community of people than what we had available to us on VF. I truly think it has the potential to be one of the all time great seasons and am stoked for it to begin!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

We have made the difficult decision to relocate Season 14 from its original timeslot and move it to January - March, 2018. True, that is over a YEAR without SYWTBAI, but that is fine. It will give us the time to make the best season possible and allow you plenty of time to garner up some anticipation and excitement in regards to the season. In the meantime, enjoy the other competitions and threads found around and about WDWMagic. :) This isn't the last you will see of Tiki and MEW in 2017, that's a promise. As always, look forward to updates throughout 2017. Season 14 will definitely be the right way to kickoff 2018!

Thank you all for your interest. We look forward to unfolding the next chapter in January, 2018.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom