Trip Report COMPLETED: So why is it you’re cruising so much now: A NYE TR that doesn’t contain cruising. Now with Tuna/Egg talk!

No real back story here or PTR to reference. We’ve been to the bubble many times. We’ve gone during Spring Break, Christmas, 4th of July, and even Memorial day. We realized we’ve never done NYE so we figured we’d give it a go. I mean, surely everyone will go home on New Year’s day leaving an enjoyable park experience with lite crowds the rest of the week, right?

2qyxyl.jpg

So if you don’t know us by now I guess that rock you were under didn’t have any internet or you just have a strong distaste for sarcasm, poor grammar, and pictures of decent food. This trip included the DD and would be the first trip we drove to in over a year, getting back to our roots and all.

The beginning of the end:
We had a plan of leaving the cold and wet North Georgia Mountains by 04:30 on NYE morning. I’m proud to say my ladies stepped up and were AIS by the deadline. Now, I have a standard 1-stop itinerary for our road trips to the bubble and can make it there in less than 7 hours provided we stick to the itinerary. My copilots decided we needed more stops. All this to say we made the Orlando area in about 7 hours 10 minutes. Now typically we hit 429 and take Western Way into the bubble to avoid the I-4 madness. This trip, however, the DW decided she wanted to hit the Disney outlet so I-4 here we come!

We have never been to this outlet but on the way down the DW read about parking horror stories but I was insistent we do it so she could check out the outlet. All I can say is DAYUM! Whomever designed the layout of that outlet needs to be taken out back and flogged. It was lunch time on NYE and this place looked like it was running a 75% sale on a Black Friday. I did one pass through the lot and decided to drop the ladies off so they could hit up the store while I looked for parking. Fast-forward 20 minutes and the DD calls saying they are ready to go and I still have yet to find parking. I’ll let the DD describe the inside of the outlet since I only got to see the parking lot.

After the outlet we hit up Publix to get our Entenmann's donuts, a WDW staple. We were in and out in minutes and on our way to DTD for lunch.

As we approached the parking deck we noticed they changed the flow of traffic coming from the parks to DTD. You now have to drive past the green deck and u-turn back to it. I wouldn’t be surprised if that direct all traffic coming from the parks to the new deck across the street when its complete and start charging for the green deck. We quickly parked and I was pleasantly surprised to see lite crowds at DTD, this gave me hope! DW and I wanted Polite Pig for lunch but the DD loathes BBQ. We walked over to Morimoto CS to grab her some noodles to go. The portion was huge and she enjoyed it. We made our way over to PP, grabbed a table, and enjoyed some food.

DW went with the sausage and Brussels sprouts
IMG_5518.JPG

I went with the pulled pork sandwich
IMG_5519.JPG

We shared Ravenous Pig by Cask & Larder. Untappd Notes: 4/5 A nice lite Belgian that almost wants to be sweet.
IMG_5520.JPG

The food, as usual, was excellent. The ladies must have been hungrier than me, or motivated to shop, as they smashed their lunch and decided to head to Basin to get some bath bombs while I finished my lunch. By the time I finished and met up with them we got the room text!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The title says something about cruising and NYE. Looks interesting. I'll see what this is about.
Page 1 - This is very interesting and informative. These two people are cool.
Page 5 - The merits of egg in tuna salad and other foods we like/don't like. View attachment 349884

For real though, I could talk about food all day long.

I know we all want to put the tuna discussion to rest, but I just had to add -- my hubs likes chopped onion in his! :jawdrop:

Rista1313

I know we all want to put the tuna discussion to rest, but I just had to add -- my hubs likes chopped onion in his! :jawdrop:

haha.. in my tuna I like a little green onion, celery, garlic salt, mayo, and shredded cheese. Served on triscuits!

As far as eggs go... I love an egg salad sandwich with just eggs and mayo... on white bread... high school cafeteria. Other than that, I'm in the I don't love eggs category as well. Once in a great while I want over medium eggs and toast.. but that's a rare day.

eta the back story: I had a roommate that could only cook eggs. So when I didn't feel like cooking for us... we ate eggs. UGH

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
haha.. in my tuna I like a little onion, celery, garlic salt, mayo, and shredded cheese. Served on triscuits!

As far as eggs go... I love an egg salad sandwich with just eggs and mayo... on white bread... high school cafeteria. Other than that, I'm in the I don't love eggs category as well. Once in a great while I want over medium eggs and toast.. but that's a rare day.

O.k. To continue on with the tuna discussion that will never die . .. . :hilarious: Do you know what I like in tuna sandwiches? I like to crush potato chips on top of the tuna salad and then put the other slice of bread on top, for a tuna/chips sandwich (with mayo). :joyfull: :hungry:

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Celery belongs in the same category as trash melon (aka honeydew melon). They're all just yuck. Then again, I can't be trusted when it comes to food opinions. I like boiled cabbage, cooked greens, boiled peanuts, and pork rinds.

Mmmmmm....pork rinds......

My tuna consists of mayo, onions & Mount Olive (and ONLY Mount Olive) hamburger dill chips.

krisri18

I think your trip report title should be changed to "The Tuna Discussion". Lol
To add to it, I despise tuna. It is one of 2 foods that the very smell of will make me sick to my stomach. The other is Twizzlers. Neither is allowed in the house! Lol
P would agree with @imahistorygeek on celery. He swears it is the root of all that is wrong with the world 😅

lostpro9het

Original Poster
To add to it, I despise tuna. It is one of 2 foods that the very smell of will make me sick to my stomach. The other is Twizzlers. Neither is allowed in the house! Lol
P would agree with @imahistorygeek on celery. He swears it is the root of all that is wrong with the world 😅
Apparently you didn't read the title before posting this 😮😜

Megbutnotmegan

I know this goes even further off topic but I feel I must warn you. If you cannot stand the smell of Twizzlers never go to Lancaster, PA. The Twizzler factory is there and when the wind blows the right direction the whole place smells like them. I like Twizzlers and I still found the smell repulsive.

LeighM

haha.. in my tuna I like a little green onion, celery, garlic salt, mayo, and shredded cheese. Served on triscuits!

eta the back story: I had a roommate that could only cook eggs. So when I didn't feel like cooking for us... we ate eggs. UGH

You just described a smell that never fails to make me sick to my stomach LOL. The smell of cafeteria egg salad sandwich on white bread that soaks up all that saran wrap grossness :hungover:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I like egg salad sandwiches, too. (Although my favorite is still tuna salad with potato chips.) ;)

And now, back to the regularly scheduled TR with our hosts, @imahistorygeek and @lostpro9het . :happy:

Oh my, sorry about the TR neglect here.

So we left the kiddo with her ice cream and made for international gateway. The window displays along the way were cute.
IMG_5720.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

We had no plans other than to catch illuminations so we just walked around bumping into random shops along the way. We pulled into Germany for what has to be one of the most underrated treats in WS.
IMG_5723.JPG

This stuff is pretty awesome AND the price point on it is, dare I say, good!?!? So now we snacked as we walked back towards the American Pavilion to watch The American Adventure.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
We sat at the fountain out front while finishing our caramel popcorn. When we finished we made our way into AE and still had a few minuted to look around.
IMG_5724.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

They had a nice gingerbread house on display with some hidden Mickeys scattered throughout.
IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

A short time later the rope dropped and we made our way to the theater. I'm not a history nut but I can still appreciate the show. I appreciate it even more during the summer time around 2:00 ;-)

As we exited the show the flames around WS were lit and the lights were about to go out so we mad our way to the bridge between France and England pavilions. This was probably our first time watching illuminations in about 6 years. We never were big fans of it, sorry @Captain Barbossa , but since it is going away we figured we'd watch it one more time. We enjoyed it but wont miss it. When the show was over we made the short walk to BCV but hit the gift shop first to pick up a resort pin for the DW
IMG_5730.JPG

Tomorrow we would be swimming with the Epcot fishes!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
It was an exciting day, by lunch time we would be in The Seas tank hanging with some wildlife. We had a rope drop date with MK first, however. We were up early and drove to the TTA, hopped on the monorail, and were quickly in since they were doing a phased rope drop today. We got to mingle on main street a bit and got some pictures we would normally pass on.

We queued up with the mob heading towards Tomorrowland. The DW had to make a pit stop and left us with the mob and grabbed a picture on her way back to us.

She came back just in time for the countdown

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Once the rope dropped we joined about a thousand of our friends making our way to SM
IMG_5735.JPG

They had their convoluted rope queue up already and it caused confusion for the folks trying to get to the standby entrance. No bother, soon we were in and getting our space on.
IMG_5771.JPG

As we exited SM the DD decided she wanted to challenge me again at Buzz. Her and her mom get seriously butthurt each time we ride this because I "cheat" by hitting the targets while on a moving vehicle...
IMG_5736.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

Anyway, What I thought was a a challenge between my DD and I hitting targets turned into a challenge between me and my DD erratically moving the cart all around so I couldn't "cheat". It mostly worked since I didn't max out but I still smashed the her score. And the DD wasn't having any of Zurg's camera work.
IMG_5738.JPG

IMG_5740.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

After Buzz we trekked across the park to Pirates. This would be our last ride of MK for the day as we wanted to get back to our room in time for our Seas Tour.
IMG_5741.JPG

As we departed we noticed the Tikis were working today, they even claimed a few victims while we grabbed some pics.
IMG_5742.JPG

IMG_5743.JPG

We said goodbye to MK and made for BCV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom