So what's your bag preference for WDW?

MasonDuo

Original Poster
I'm currently debating on which style bag I should get for when we go to WDW. So I thought what a great topic to put up on wdwmagic

STYLES
Sling
shoulder bag
backpack
belt
<o:p></o:p>
What to Look For
Comfort (portability (getting in out of rides)
size of bag (again getting in out of rides)
room for equipment

So what's your bag preference for WDW?

PineapplePrincess

I have tried different types myself & here is my opinion for what it's worth. We go in August, so backpacks and sling across bags make me sweaty. I prefer a shoulder bag if I must carry one. I happen to have one from my 1994 honeymoon that has Mickey faces all over it with different expressions that I like to carry.
Last trip I decided that since I had carried the bag for most of our trips, it was DH's turn to carry a bag. I like that alternative the best!
For our upcoming August trip I will be taking my new camera. (Nikon 3100), so I will have to carry the camera bag. DD is now old enough to carry her own bag, and DH will carry his own bag.

stratman50th

I use http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Sling...0G/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1301667460&sr=8-26

Its light..easy to access..holds whatever lenses I would bring...waterproof (HUGE deal for me)..and its really manageable, and fits into lockers if needed.
What size do you have? The 100? I have a small square bag made by the same company that I love. It's big enough for my SLR with kit lens, a spare battery, the wall charger and if I pack carefully my 75-300 zoom. I bought the small bag just for Disney. I could put it on a belt, or use the strap. I had a larger bag but went small for carrying ease. I was deluding myself about packing lite, and have now outgrown that bag.:lol:
This looks like a nice size, and I'm familiar with the quality of the product (awesome). I like the waterproof part, but are you saying it's the cover that comes with it, or is the bag waterproof without the cover? Either way ok, just would rather not fool with the extra cover.

CP_alum08

I use a Lowepro Flipside and i love it. It's different from a normal backpack in that the access to the gear isn't on the front, but against your back, making it safer. The down side to this is that you either have to take the bag off to get to the gear, or use the wastebelt and slide the bag around to your front. So, if you're changing lenses a lot this bag may not be the best choice, but I typically only change lenses a couple times through the day.

I use the 200 model and I can fit the body (with any lens attached) a 17-35, 70-300, and a 35 all with hoods. Then there is a pouch inside and pocket outside that I keep lens caps, batteries, remote, filters, etc.

Plus it has the added bonus of having a tripod mount, which is awesome!

SewIn2Disney

I just bought this bag a few months ago-
http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Runne...KH8A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1301838434&sr=8-4

I'm a smaller framed female, so a waist pack wouldn't work, and I hate carrying things on one shoulder, so I had to go with a backpack. This bag carries my camera, 5 lenses (and a teleconverter), about 20 filters, all my little odds and ends accessories (extra memory, lens cloths, remote, scissors, safety pins, pen/paper, lotion, comb, etc), plus the two pockets on the sides are large enough for a water bottle and snack. The front pocket has lots of room for little things, the tripod strap on the front is sturdy and handy, and it has a built in "poncho" which can flip on or off in a matter of seconds. For its size, and how full I have it packed, it feels like nothing when I'm wearing it on my back. The back has a nice little lumbar padding on the bottom, and extra straps should I want to secure it around my waist or shoulders. Overall, I love the bag and highly recommend it!

ZapperZ

The "best" bag depends on what you typically use it for. So in this case, it is very much a personal choice based on what you consider to be your top priorities.

I have my own, and I also have outlined what I consider to be the criteria for a bag when going to WDW:

http://mydisneymania.blogspot.com/2009/01/backpack-for-disney-theme-parks.html

I've used the bag for the past 3 years, and I don't think I can make a better selection than this one. Wish I had bought more than just one.

Zz.

MasonDuo

Original Poster
I went with a two bags, a sling and a shoulder. The sling will be nice because it's smaller and allows for quick shooting. The shoulder bag was a better travel bag (Slides over my carry on and holds a laptop) to take on the airplane. Also it going to be nice on the days when i want to take bigger lens, since the sling bag can't hold a real big lens. I can't wait to try my bags out in wdw.

Lowepro slingshot 102 aw
think tank urban disguise 35

Lakermouser

What Bag?

For my upcoming trip I am trying the Kata 3n1-10 Sling bag. I will be taking my trusty Panasonic FZ 35 and a Canon EOS XS and all of it's lenses. I'm not one to carry lots of gear, so this will be first for me.
KATA800x450.jpg

sueuk

I have a small, soft (not leather) cross body bag which is big enough to hold phone, money, tissues and a throw away poncho.
DH has a bumbag which holds phone, camera, poncho.
Last trip I bought a very light, small, cute checked cotton rucksac with mickey heads on it and I used that some days. I'll take it with me this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom