So what's it like working as a cm/char

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
After graduation, I'm thinking about trying out for a face character, hoping for Cinderella, alice, or Tink :). I'm wondering how it all works, I'm like totally oblivious about where I go to, how it works etc.

I was just wondering (and sorry its a lot lol I just want to make sure I do it right)
1. what are auditions like? do you read from a script, do you need acting experience? I've been In high school plays but I've never actually been involved in like a real theater group. Do you need to bring anything? Do you need any kind of abilities like dancing? I've been cheering through high school So I think I'm ok with that.

2. Are there any restrictions? I'm a size 5 and height of 4'10.

3. Do actors switch characters sometimes? I remember seeing a former face char interview and they said sometimes they do non face chars when needed. Just curious about this one its not a problem.

4. If I didn't get the part would I be able to try again some time? or possibly apply for a different position in the parks? It wouldn't be too bad, because I'd still be allowed to get in character as a mission space scientist, bavarian waitress, cowgirl on thunder mountain, etc. I did work for six flags one summer.

5. I'm actually not THAT concerned with pay/benefits etc, but I am curious about them. To me its great just to get paid to play dress up.

6. what is cm boarding?

7. after I get too old would I be able to apply for a different disney job? is there a waiting period?

Ok I probably sound really ditsy asking all this but I just wanted to know :) thanks in advance -sarah

Kobe!!

I didn't read your whole post but you have to fall in the height range of those characters first to even make it to the next steps...

TowerOfTerror

After graduation, I'm thinking about trying out for a face character, hoping for Cinderella, alice, or Tink :). I'm wondering how it all works, I'm like totally oblivious about where I go to, how it works etc.

I was just wondering (and sorry its a lot lol I just want to make sure I do it right)
1. what are auditions like? do you read from a script, do you need acting experience? I've been In high school plays but I've never actually been involved in like a real theater group. Do you need to bring anything? Do you need any kind of abilities like dancing? I've been cheering through high school So I think I'm ok with that.

2. Are there any restrictions? I'm a size 5 and height of 4'10.

3. Do actors switch characters sometimes? I remember seeing a former face char interview and they said sometimes they do non face chars when needed. Just curious about this one its not a problem.

4. If I didn't get the part would I be able to try again some time? or possibly apply for a different position in the parks? It wouldn't be too bad, because I'd still be allowed to get in character as a mission space scientist, bavarian waitress, cowgirl on thunder mountain, etc. I did work for six flags one summer.

5. I'm actually not THAT concerned with pay/benefits etc, but I am curious about them. To me its great just to get paid to play dress up.

6. what is cm boarding?

7. after I get too old would I be able to apply for a different disney job? is there a waiting period?

Ok I probably sound really ditsy asking all this but I just wanted to know :) thanks in advance -sarah

Not too sure about the audition process in exact details but normally you will need to do a routine and act out a certain task. After that they fit you in the character you might be chosen for. After a panel looks over your look you might get chosen. Restrictions are based off height first then body type. Being a size 5 you will be in good shape there. Characters will more than likely be fit into multiple roles. You can re-audition every 6 months I believe. Pay is listed in the link below I think it is around $12 an hour plus the normal Disney theme park benefits. CM boarding usually consist of one day of traditions and then training in your area. Once you have been casted out of your role you can try to find another job at casting center.

This site will answer most of your questions.
http://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
Thanks guys :)

I looked at the website and It seem I'm too short for Cindy but I may make tinkerbell :)

I think my background in cheerleading and drama will probably help me a bit, and probably the one time my over-perkyness will work in my advantage lol. I'm able to act and do stunts :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Lose all sense of hope and future, put on some over mitts and insanely dark sunglasses, then walk into an oven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom