So we went to Volcano Bay today...

SJH'72

Original Poster
.....and it was half empty!

We added VB and Universal very late to our trip schedule but it really worked out for us today despite fearing we wouldn’t get on half the rides.

Admittedly it was pretty cold, ok freezing at times when you got out the water but coming from London just like a usual August day!

We got 4 loungers and an umbrella when we walked in at 11am and barely queued for anything.

Couple of the guards said that the rides we were shivering in line for had previously had up to 4 hour waits! :eek: But the sun shone all day so even though we had goose bumps our photos look great! And we were actually able to catch a few rays without being too hot.

All in all a very unexpected pleasant day.

JoeCamel

.....and it was half empty!

We added VB and Universal very late to our trip schedule but it really worked out for us today despite fearing we wouldn’t get on half the rides.

Admittedly it was pretty cold, ok freezing at times when you got out the water but coming from London just like a usual August day!

We got 4 loungers and an umbrella when we walked in at 11am and barely queued for anything.

Couple of the guards said that the rides we were shivering in line for had previously had up to 4 hour waits! :eek: But the sun shone all day so even though we had goose bumps our photos look great! And we were actually able to catch a few rays without being too hot.

All in all a very unexpected pleasant day.
Glad you had a good time. I think this will become the norm rather than the exception in the future.

JoeCamel

Just not the weather I hope..
Love the weather.... I live for this time of year.

If you go to the west coast beach the water is 80F+ and you can lay on the sand without sweating!. Great times. They will keep the VB water warm and the sun is the same.
Better than Blackpool anytime of the year.

mergatroid

Glad you enjoyed it. I had high hopes for VB (still do) and was really disappointed in the problems since it opened. The day I went was too busy which spoiled it for me. I've been ccritical of it on the VB thread but only because I wanted it to be a success for the visitors and was disappointed with it getting bad reviews. Without long lines I can see it being a brilliant day and envy you visiting it on one of those days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom