So uh.. What Now For Disneyland Resort?

Miru

Hmmm... Pixar Pier vs a parking lot. Well let's see, my 3 kids sure do love Pixar Pier! The wife and I enjoy it as well and have a lot of fun with them. Isn't that what Walt wanted? While parking lots can be fun, I much prefer the former! 😂

If it weren’t for Incredicoaster having actual theming and story, and TSM, Pixar Pier would be just as bad as Paradise Pier’s original version. The addition of character and story was a good idea on paper, but it was executed so cheaply it’s basically Sonic Forces the theme park land.

It’s also quite the waste of time, money, effort, and hype, as there are some areas that actually NEED some major polish like Tommowowland and Toontown Fair.

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If it weren’t for Incredicoaster having actual theming and story, and TSM, Pixar Pier would be just as bad as Paradise Pier’s original version. The addition of character and story was a good idea on paper, but it was executed so cheaply it’s basically Sonic Forces the theme park land.

It’s also quite the waste of time, as there are some areas that actually NEED some major polish like Tommowowland and Toontown Fair.

And that's the sad part.. they put off TL and Toontown because their main goal was to IP the heck out of everything. So of course because DL is more sacred, they used DCA as their playground. At this point in the Disney Exec saga, it's not about your experience, it's about selling you as much merchandise / advertisement space as possible.

Seems you’re missing a big point.
No, I do actually get it and agree with a lot of the opinions of Pixar Pier and many of the other additions to the park in the last couple decades. But then I step back and look at how excited my kids get when they see the giant Jessie or the Jack-Jack's on sticks (🤦🏻‍♂️) I just laugh at myself for getting so worked up about this cheap overlay.

But I also understand those comments wishing it was still a parking lot, it’s their nostalgia for the days of going to the park when they were a kid. Seeing the old Disneyland sign, the anticipation building as you pull into the parking lot and can see the front gate... Still makes me laugh though.

Californian Elitist

No, I do actually get it and agree with a lot of the opinions of Pixar Pier and many of the other additions to the park in the last couple decades. But then I step back and look at how excited my kids get when they see the giant Jessie or the Jack-Jack's on sticks (🤦🏻‍♂️) I just laugh at myself for getting so worked up about this cheap overlay.

But I also understand those comments wishing it was still a parking lot, it’s their nostalgia for the days of going to the park when they were a kid. Seeing the old Disneyland sign, the anticipation building as you pull into the parking lot and can see the front gate... Still makes me laugh though.

I don’t think any of us are worked up over the disaster that is Pixar Pier. We’re not losing sleep over it. Just having a discussion.

Sailor310

Tangent......I miss the excitement of seeing the Matterhorn from the freeway a long ways off, and knowing you were finally getting close to DISNEYLAND!

Phroobar

Tangent......I miss the excitement of seeing the Matterhorn from the freeway a long ways off, and knowing you were finally getting close to DISNEYLAND!
That is how as kids we knew we were getting close to Disneyland. We would get on the 22 and keep looking to the left until we saw the Matterhorn. My dad would say, I guess we need to get off the freeway now. Now you can't see it from the 22. I can still see the Matterhorn from Knott's Sky Cabin.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I don’t think any of us are worked up over the disaster that is Pixar Pier. We’re not losing sleep over it. Just having a discussion.

Pixar Pier is easy to ignore, I find it best to just avoid the area and spend that time on more worthwhile endeavours.... Like Monsters Inc, Luigi's dancing cars, Winnie the Pooh, Mater's junkyard jamboree....

SuddenStorm

Any advice for avoiding Warehouse Fortress Power Plant? I can even see it when exiting Disneyland 🤮

The worst? Is that you can see it on Big Thunder.

So now on thunder you can see GE and MB, so it's important to focus one's gaze in specific locations. On the second lift, focus solely on the goat.... And on the third hill, focus on the Rivers to avoid unpleasant sightline intrusions.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom