So, the new castle?

Shouldigo12

Can I see a picture of it? Has it changed for the 50th anniversary or something? That's not for another year. But how does it look different?

Attachments

• bcc92834982402984029834.jpg
    bcc92834982402984029834.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 67

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I haven’t been lucky enough yet to see the new castle in person, but the more I look at the pictures of it the more I like it. The older version, by contrast, seems a lot colder to me now. I never really thought if it that way, but I kinda do now.

Shouldigo12

I haven’t been lucky enough yet to see the new castle in person, but the more I look at the pictures of it the more I like it. The older version, by contrast, seems a lot colder to me now. I never really thought if it that way, but I kinda do now.
That's what I thought too. When you compare it to the new castle the colors seem very faded.i

davidcyndi

I havent seen the castle up close but from videos and pictures it looks fantastic. I want to get there in time to take a selfie with the paint by numbers still on the castle walls. We arrive on the 25th.

MickeyLuv'r

To me, the blue looks odd, at least in photos. The blue looks especially off when looking at it against the buildings that surround the castle. The gold is pretty. I'm not sure about the pink. By itself, it would probably be okay, except that it makes WDW look like the Paris Castle.

Did Sleeping Beauty steal Cindy's castle?

Maybe it will all look better when the project is complete?

Giss Neric

Saw it personally. It definitely grew on me and I like it now. The way the sun reflects the pink looks way different than the pictures and the gold glistens very very nicely, especially up close.

Walt Disney1955

Doesn't really look all THAT different. Probably would barely notice if there wasn't a thread to be honest. A little more gold, less grey. More pink I guess. Is that permanent or is it just for the 50th? I thought the other way always looked so pretty in the blue backdrop of the sky. Not sure why people are complaining about it all of the sudden. We loved the castle the other way too didn't we?

hanwill

I saw it when it was being worked on - the week before closure. While the old turrets did need to be painted. The new color scheme is AWFUL. I think its tacky and not a sophisticated, elegant look. It looks more like they pulled it into a cartoon. I am not a fan. And it's the one of most photographed spots in the world. This is too extreme for that situation.

Moka

I don’t get to see it in person until September, but from what I’ve seen in photos, I don’t think it’s bad at all. I think it looks pretty nice.
Although yeah, I’m gonna miss the white scheme, it won’t be something that’ll kill me.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
The brickwork just below the turrets of the castle is being repainted in different shades. some photo's ive seen on twitter are showing each brick numbered so they're not all the same colour/shade. most of it is done now, just a little bit left.

cinderella-castle-07182020-4-1-1-1867x1400.jpg
Thank you for that explanation!

Tom Morrow

I haven't seen it in person yet, but, I don't mind the pink. This isn't the first time the upper portion was given a pink hue. This was actually done about 10 or 11 years ago as well, just not as saturated.

I think the blue turrets are are too saturated and uniform in color, giving them a plastic-y look. I'm unsure on the gold trim until I see it in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom