So my 4 year old asks: Why is the Beast still the Beast but Tiana....

sublimesting

Original Poster
isn't a frog?

The spell was broken and yet The Beast is still the Beast in the parks and not the prince. But Tiana gets to be a royal Proncess and not a frog. Obviously it's cause the Beast is a more exciting character than the Prince...but shouldn't we occassionally see him inprince form?

On that note shouldn't we occassionally see Sleeping Beauty asleep or Snow White in a glass coffin?

Now that would be an interesting day in the parks!!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Tiana is much happier as a human and would rather pose with her human prince than have to kiss him as a frog again.

The Beast poses as a beast because that is how Belle fell in love with him. It reminds him of their love.

(does that sound Disney enough?)
Sounds better than "A guy names Starbucks settled on Main Street USA and opened a coffee shop" :p

awoogala

The average park guest has no idea what the Beast's real name is so he turned back into a Beast for their convenience.
It's also got to be very hard to cast Princes. Pretty girls are lining up to be Princesses, but I don't know many stunning, muscular, handsome, 6 foot actors that need the work! They tend to get better jobs than theme park... so I am sure they jumped at the chance to be able to hire tall, maybe not "prince" looking people for the role of the beast.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Your son is a smart one! My DD (also 4) wanted to know how Pocahontas could have lived along time ago in VA and was now in WDW. Would she be really old when we met her?

Britt

It's also got to be very hard to cast Princes. Pretty girls are lining up to be Princesses, but I don't know many stunning, muscular, handsome, 6 foot actors that need the work! They tend to get better jobs than theme park... so I am sure they jumped at the chance to be able to hire tall, maybe not "prince" looking people for the role of the beast.
Yep!! And it's so easy to make women look similar with makeup, even changing face shape with it. It's a little harder to do with the men and not make it look too obvious they're wearing it!!

SyracuseOrange

I do. Move to NYC and you'll find 10 working at every bar/restaurant/gym you go to.

ThatBrunette

Do we want to add in the 'future' set of Carousel of Progress for this discussion?

Alright, show of hands, how many people walk into WDW and say "I'm here for a good dose of reality!"?

King Mickey

I'd just say what I say to my younger family members, it's Disney magic. When they ask why Mickey is so large or why some characters aren't dead I ask them, "Mickey is a sorcerer right? Then he can use his magic to make some characters larger, and that during the movie they characters didn't really die, they were just playing out the story." They seem to accept it and it's stuck in my mind as a logical reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom