So I kind of miss the Diamond Celebration already

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A LOT has changed in those 4 years....
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I’m not saying that things aren’t different, obviously they are. But overall the park is fairly the same as it was 4 years ago. And while changes will always happen, it’ll still be fairly the same 4 years from now.

SuddenStorm

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I’m not saying that things aren’t different, obviously they are. But overall the park is fairly the same as it was 4 years ago. And while changes will always happen, it’ll still be fairly the same 4 years from now.

If you say so...

brb1006

I miss the 60th. It was an awesome time to be a Disney fan, and it was a huge milestone for the first Disney park. I remember the excitement and optimism in 2015 when all the improvements were happening, as well as when the decorations went up. The nighttime entertainment was really good too, and I'm disappointed that it's been replaced with shows that don't have the same "wow" factor, IMO. DCA even got some love, with Grizzly Peak Airfield, and pretty much everybody thought that the park was becoming something spectacular. Sadly that didn't last long, because 2016 is when everything took a turn for the worse, with the announcement of Mission: Cashout. Plus 2016 brought the closure of Big Thunder Ranch and the Star Wars construction. I was pretty much over the Diamond Celebration due to these reasons the day the park turned 61, but looking back it was truly a once in a lifetime celebration.

I'm hoping that WDW's 50th will be just as special, but I have a feeling that it won't be as exciting.
I really hope Disney goes all out with WDW's 50th Anniversary like they did for the 20th (1991) and the 25th Anniversary (1996) (Minus the Castle Cake). The latter was the last time Walt Disney World actually gave celebrated a major milestone.

Californian Elitist

I’d love to hear some more about the 50th if you wanna share. At that point in life I wasn’t going to Disneyland at all, so I have no memories of it.

The entire celebration was a blast, but the best part for me was seeing Remember... Dreams Come True for the first time and being in complete awe.

I remember some of the ride vehicles being gold and the 50th banners and signs everywhere. Everyone was really happy and it was all over the news. I remember the fun commercials, too.

Then just two years later in 2007, they announced DCA 2.0 and that was exciting.

Now we’re here. Eleven more years until the 75th though. Wahoo.

brb1006

I’d love to hear some more about the 50th if you wanna share. At that point in life I wasn’t going to Disneyland at all, so I have no memories of it.
I remember Disney held a special anniversary campaign honoring Disneyland's 50th Anniversary by extending the celebration (nicknamed "The Happiest Celebration On Earth") to other Disney Parks across the globe. Including Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris that was decorated with gold on their castles.

Mcdonalds and Disney also partnered to make around 50 Weebles (And other 50th Anniversary related stuff) featuring different Disney characters. Which also marked one of the last times Mcdonalds and Disney collaborated.

Disney Channel made a special behind the scenes segment that aired between commercials for "Parade Of Dreams" before it premiered at Disneyland.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I do. To say the parks will be pretty much the same in four years is absurd.

It all depends on your perspective.

Will there be differences, of course. The park and resort as a whole is constantly changing, there is no disputing that and I'm not trying to.

But will the overall park be the same as it is today, likely yes. I understand some here expect doom and gloom based on SW:GE and other decisions that TDA and TWDC as whole has made over the last couple of years. But DLR at its core will still be the same as it is today. TL will likely still be in the same state as it is. DCA will continue to morph into a mishmash of Pixar/Marvel and other IPs. And there still will be crowds that will continue to congest the park. Yes there will likely be more crowding due to SW:GE, but that was inevitable anyways no matter what they added SW or not. I personally look forward to the next couple of years.

Now if you ask me if the parks will be different in say 10-15+ years, I'd have to say yes. But in the near term, 3-5 years, I expect everything will be pretty much the same until they do something about TL. Then it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

But enough about this, as we've derailed the thread already too much.

TwilightZone

I remember Disney held a special anniversary campaign honoring Disneyland's 50th Anniversary by extending the celebration (nicknamed "The Happiest Celebration On Earth") to other Disney Parks across the globe. Including Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris that was decorated with gold on their castles.

Mcdonalds and Disney also partnered to make around 50 Weebles (And other 50th Anniversary related stuff) featuring different Disney characters. Which also marked one of the last times Mcdonalds and Disney collaborated.

Disney Channel made a special behind the scenes segment that aired between commercials for "Parade Of Dreams" before it premiered at Disneyland.

Ah now it's coming all back! I remember those golden ears and the gold dumbo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom