Trip Report So I guess Disney thinks Canadians do not celebrate Christmas?? A Max Trip Report- COMPLETED

A big hello to all my Disney friends:

As the title suggest this is a trip report regarding our recent Christmas adventure at Walt Disney World

Why the title you ask? I will keep you guessing on that one for a few days at least

Details leading up to the departure can be found here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-max-the-girls-and-the-boys-do-disney.951075/

This is my 6th trip report on these boards so hopefully you have read at least one before

The reason I say that is that my style might not suit all - I can probably sum it up as

1) Shoot from the hip
2) Do not pull punches
3) Definitely not PC
4) Not always PG
5) As much Seinfeld references as @Tuvalu can handle
6) Not too heavy or too light on the Pixie dust -keep it real and call it as I see it

Quick introduction will come from:

Day 1 - Travel Day towards the US but not quite beyond the comfort of home:
Friday Dec 21, 2018

The original plan was to drive from our home in Waterloo Ont Canada to Buffalo NY on Sat Dec 22.
With a 10:35 am fight a same day drive could have worked.

We switched it up to a drive on the day before and booked a hotel in Niagara Falls Canada

(our B&B in Buffalo backed out on us - @Doc Disney can try to explain how she let us down!!!)

So here we are at the Embassy Suites on Friday enjoying our homemade Mickey cookies

Me (Max, Andrew, Clarence) and Tricia

1546644042766.png

My younger daughter Cassie and Shane (BF)
1546644075148.png

and my older daughter Stephanie and her fiancé Jordan
1546644098857.png

and this is all of us at the Falls ( selfies are harder with six people!!!)
1546644121013.png

This report will chronicle Disney trip 28 for me and lucky(?) 13 to WDW.
It is also 13 to WDW for Tricia
The girls celebrate 10 trips to the world
Trip 2 for Shane (though his memory of the first is limited)

And - 1ST TIME FOR JORDAN!!!!!!

More Day 1 to follow and then off to Buffalo the next day!!!

Welcome aboard, ashore and wherever we are!!!

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dinner at GFC

We were called in after about a 10 min wait
This is our second time at this restaurant - first for the boys

571D6B81-607D-4CC3-9797-2F2867AD38E5.jpeg
0E1EE3E5-C798-4D62-9C09-F73914325297.jpeg

Our first meal together at WDW!!
Happy, happy, happy !!
The round table here was great for our group of 6
2F350FAD-8A09-4363-8200-154D271B5528.jpeg

Not creeping other people - just a pic of the decorations I swear

A6A90960-803A-47B6-B8D4-EC3E95FBE320.jpeg

As most of you know I am not good at taking meal pictures
I made a real effort this trip to take more pics prior to half eating the food

I had steak and scallops
BA011D86-FFD5-4CE7-B469-01BD18417B6D.jpeg

Tricia and Cassie both had Salmon
DD56856B-1DC2-4D9E-98EC-E4FD70C6FFBF.jpeg

Shane had a burger with lobster sauce on top
37969379-B619-4923-B4E6-B8304E9BC123.jpeg

Stephane had something with tofu
0D295585-DADB-4F3C-B6F8-42A23FAE4751.jpeg

And I do not have a pic of Jordans meal ( 5 for 6 - I rock)

Everyone enjoyed their meal on this night - no dessert for us

Light fixture for @Doc Disney

296B53BE-5DBC-43BC-842E-A20C9835F63C.jpeg

Max

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

I hate you had to deal with the room mixup, not fair, even with a credit- but you got to see the Gingerbread House! We mixed everything so up, with the little fella- I missed it, but did not have the heart to wake him up. :-/ Glad you guys got to see it. (PS, how is you had green grass, in Canada, and we had a ton of snow in N.C.?) Just kidding, but not fair, it took ours, forever to melt!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 cont’d
After dinner we did a few more pics in the lobby then monorailed to Epcot
84CE3D8B-342B-4C94-8C47-0371EC77CC9B.jpeg
32544C4F-6DCD-446E-9D16-678B00206EB9.jpeg
A3B80A09-EE66-4391-B0F0-72414FF09092.jpeg

C5643FB5-97DD-457D-8766-269A6FEBDA75.jpeg

We had seats on the monorail to Epcot - Jordan and Shane’s first monorail experience

First stop was at the ticket booth
Passports in hand we linked our Canadian resident tickets to our existing and new magic bands
(Jordan had a bb8 and Shane picked up a spider verse one at the dolphin)

And then we entered
4E5ED3B6-29B0-4262-A1B0-346C49F97B6D.jpeg

We rode SSE as a walk-on
C40E3897-3573-48D4-962D-2F805428905A.jpeg
A60323EA-0DF0-4DA8-BE36-4B516DF045ED.jpeg
C72E438E-014D-400F-8110-0FC43CB6DB44.jpeg

Pics are out of seq- my bad

The end sequence was fun( forgot to capture it)

And of course most of us were from Iceland on the world map- is usually there or somewhere in the south pacific - just to see your face on the big board go somewhere different)

Max

Last edited:

stephmax975

Dinner at
I had steak and scallops

Tricia and Cassie both had Salmon
View attachment 339330
Shane had a burger with lobster sauce on top
View attachment 339331
Stephane had something with tofu
View attachment 339332
And I do not have a pic of Jordans meal ( 5 for 6 - I rock)

Everyone enjoyed their meal on this night - no dessert for us
@Doc Disney

Max

Hi everyone!
I’m Stephanie (max’s daughter) and I’ll be chiming in throughput some of this trip report and I’ll be taking over the report later on briefly (stay tuned). I’ll talk about food a lot! :)

At the GFC, I had trouble finding a dairy free vegetarian option but they offered to replace the salmon in the miso glazed salmon with tofu instead of salmon. Jordan got the miso glazed salmon enteee so we didn’t end up taking a picture of his meal because it looked just like mine but with salmon instead of tofu.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hi everyone!
I’m Stephanie (max’s daughter) and I’ll be chiming in throughput some of this trip report and I’ll be taking over the report later on briefly (stay tuned). I’ll talk about food a lot! :)

At the GFC, I had trouble finding a dairy free vegetarian option but they offered to replace the salmon in the miso glazed salmon with tofu instead of salmon. Jordan got the miso glazed salmon enteee so we didn’t end up taking a picture of his meal because it looked just like mine but with salmon instead of tofu.

Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the Forum. 😀

DisneyGigi

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forum Stephanie! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi everyone!

Greetings, Stephanie. Looking forward to your trip impressions. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forum Stephanie! :)

LisaBelle

Hi everyone!

Welcome Stephanie! It will be fun to hear your take on things!

Katiekitten

Hi everyone!

Hi Stephanie! Look forward to hearing from you!

littleroo

Hi everyone!

Welcome Stephanie!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom