So I cant visit the resorts now unless I have a dining reservation?

MickeyMind

Original Poster
Just saw that if I wanted to take a walk around the boardwalk or around animal kingdom lodge that I would not be allowed in unless I have a dining reservation? Im a local, sometimes we liked to pop in just to get a bit of magic and take a walk or go eat at one of the hotel's quick service restaurants, is it true that we will no longer be allowed into any of the resorts unless we have a dining reservation now?

robhedin

For now, while they're operating under restrictions, you are correct- that is what they've said.

Guests entering a resort hotel will require a confirmed room reservation or a confirmed dining reservation for day guests.

At the same time, bear in mind that the only resorts that have been announced to open initially are most of the DVC resorts, so the "normal" hotels won't be in operation anyway.

I'd expect that, in the future, they'll reduce and remove restrictions but there's no timeline on that as yet.

wdwfan22

Just saw that if I wanted to take a walk around the boardwalk or around animal kingdom lodge that I would not be allowed in unless I have a dining reservation? Im a local, sometimes we liked to pop in just to get a bit of magic and take a walk or go eat at one of the hotel's quick service restaurants, is it true that we will no longer be allowed into any of the resorts unless we have a dining reservation now?

Correct that the Resorts will not be open to everyone during the first phase of reopening. The resorts will be operating at greatly reduced capacity and only registered Guests and those with confirmed dining reservations will be welcomed in.

JIMINYCR

Yes, this is the case for now and I hope they consider making it permanent (with the exception of the Boardwalk, which is intended to be a public guest area.)

Doubt Disney will make it permanent. Theyve always encouraged guests to look over other resort lobbies, shops and other areas to get a feel of where they might want to stay on future trips. It helps sell people on making an upgrading to a better place next time.

BigDlover

That makes sense. The number of cases have spiked because of states reopening and people gathering in public in the last few weeks.

Seanual757

It makes sense for now Disney while limiting guests and nobody from outside with out dining reservations. I believe by doing this Disney can keep track of each guest (magic bands) at the resorts they can see where they have been who they have passed and so on. If a guest has become infected Disney can in turn alert that guest and other guests at a later date. If you allow folks with out reservations and just walk in they are unable to track those guests.

Hcalvert

I thought this was always the case. I always get questioned when I am trying to get into a resort that I don't have a reservation for.
I thought so too until I stayed at Poly. There seemed to be a lot of people mulling around during firework time that did not have a resort or dining reservation. Of course, Poly would be difficult to regulate with the monorail and people just walking over from the TTC, unless they added more security. Besides, couldn't anyone just enter a resort by riding a Disney bus/monorail/boat to it?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I thought this was always the case. I always get questioned when I am trying to get into a resort that I don't have a reservation for.
If you are driving in and wanting to park in the parking lot if it's full they request that you have a dining reservation. That has to do with parking space capacity not the current situation.

Seanual757

Nope we used to go all the time to VGF and Poly walk around and at times go shopping. At the holidays we park and go look at the trees and lights along the monorail line.

Seanual757

I thought so too until I stayed at Poly. There seemed to be a lot of people mulling around during firework time that did not have a resort or dining reservation. Of course, Poly would be difficult to regulate with the monorail and people just walking over from the TTC, unless they added more security. Besides, couldn't anyone just enter a resort by riding a Disney bus/monorail/boat to it?

I believe now they will require a MB to be scanned to make sure you are a guest. Once we have a vaccine this will all go away and it will be wide open.

durangojim

How are they going to prevent a guest from getting on a bus at any park and going to whatever resort they want? Is disney going to go back to the 90s where you had to show the bus driver your resort specific ID? This is just silly. No way is Disney going to prevent guests from resort hopping among the resorts that are open.

NickMaio

Sorry Global PANDEMIC going on.......you might need to wait a while to do everything you want to.

I think this is a great implementation on WDW's part.

Jon81uk

Doubt Disney will make it permanent. Theyve always encouraged guests to look over other resort lobbies, shops and other areas to get a feel of where they might want to stay on future trips. It helps sell people on making an upgrading to a better place next time.

I don't think Disney ever have particularly encouraged day guest visits with the exception of table service dining. I've certainly never seen any Disney-led communication around this, its mainly fan-sites that seem to encourage resort-hopping. The only exception is of course the outdoor area of boardwalk.

I think that if you are coming to dine then taking a look around makes sense, but if they did try to restrict access to non-residents further at some resorts I personally don't see it as a major issue. The only place I've been other than table service is Trader Sam's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom