So I cant visit the resorts now unless I have a dining reservation?

durangojim

They’re still offering Magical Express. It’ll be interesting to see if resorts still share busses, if they do then there’s no way resort hopping won’t be a thing.

Disstevefan1

This is the actual wording on the Dine page of the WDW site (bolded parts are mine):

• Planning to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel? A confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a DIsney Resort hotel.
So to my mind what they are saying is:

If you’re staying anywhere onsite we still recommend you have a dining reservation

If you’re not an onsite guest you must have a dining reservation

This is the actual page, it defaults to the U.K. site for me, but the info is the same (or was two days ago).

The way I read it is you need a ADR to dine at a sit down dining like any place else in WDW. Pre COVID, cast members in the resorts did not check folks for room keys in the lobby or when getting an ADR or checking in for an ADR in any Resort. Like it or not, aside from the guest rooms, the resorts apublic spaces.

Everyone has dined in a WDW resort restaurant that they are not staying in.

Disstevefan1

They’re still offering Magical Express. It’ll be interesting to see if resorts still share busses, if they do then there’s no way resort hopping won’t be a thing.

That’s going to be interesting. They will be running half full buses for social distancing. Having said that, there should be less people going to WDW in the initial phases

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You can walk between some hotels - BC/YC and Boardwalk. Will they have CM at every entrance to the hotel checking on you? Will they have CMs checking between BC and YC? Seems like they will have to majorly increase the number of staff to 'guard' all these places. It all sounds ridiculous to me especially as in Florida we are opening up and by July 11th we will probably be fully open.
Except that neither the BC or YC will be open when the parks open - so you won't even get into the buildings. From all indications, they aren't opening any of the restaurants in those resorts, so the front doors will more than likely be closed to everyone.

Now saying that. If Florida is fully open with no restrictions by that time, then I would expect that Disney might be allowing reservations for those resorts starting on a certain date.

nickys

Premium Member
Except that neither the BC or YC will be open when the parks open - so you won't even get into the buildings. From all indications, they aren't opening any of the restaurants in those resorts, so the front doors will more than likely be closed to everyone.

Er, yes they are! restaurants, shops and most leisure activities will be open for those staying at BCV.

From the Resorts page, with BCV info open:

Disney’s Beach Club Villas

The following offerings and experiences will be available when this Resort hotel reopens. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.
Dining
Shops
Activities
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of Disney’s Beach Club Villas may use the resort leisure pool, and may also use the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Poolside Activities
  • Movies Under the Stars
  • Fitness Center
  • Seaside Retreat
  • Sports Courts
  • Fishing Excursions

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Er, yes they are!

From the Resorts page, with BCV info open:

Disney’s Beach Club Villas

The following offerings and experiences will be available when this Resort hotel reopens. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.
Dining
Shops
Activities
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of Disney’s Beach Club Villas may use the resort leisure pool, and may also use the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Poolside Activities
  • Movies Under the Stars
  • Fitness Center
  • Seaside Retreat
  • Sports Courts
  • Fishing Excursions
Thanks for the correction. I was more thinking about Cape May Cafe and the restaurants in YC.

Disstevefan1

Thanks for the correction. I was more thinking about Cape May Cafe and the restaurants in YC.

We have fond memories of the buffet at Cape May.... I know many folks hate buffets but I will miss all buffets at WDW, mostly Biergarten in EPCOT, excellent show there and of course buffet! It was one of our traditions. WDW is changing and not for the better 😭, having said that, in my heart I think (and hope) given enough time, WDW will be back to the good old days like 2019, LOL 😀

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We have fond memories of the buffet at Cape May.... I know many folks hate buffets but I will miss all buffets at WDW, mostly Biergarten in EPCOT, excellent show there and of course buffet! It was one of our traditions. WDW is changing and not for the better 😭, having said that, in my heart I think (and hope) given enough time, WDW will be back to the good old days like 2019, LOL 😀
There is zero chance that these won't be open at some point, and I think sooner rather than later. I would guess pretty much all restaurants to be open by the end of August at the latest.

Disstevefan1

So you think that they should permanently make you have a dining reservation in order to go to a resort to say look around the gift shop?
My point is yes right now it's fine but not once the pandemic is over.

That would be disappointing if it became a rule but it’s not the first time and won’t be the last time I would be disappointed by a rule change at WDW. Charging for parking at the resorts when staying there is one example.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I think you should anyway. Don’t be tight, pay for a meal there and knock yourself out.
Had you read the initial post of mine that that person had quoted you would have seen that I do not often go to a resort that is not mine without a dining reservation but I do not feel it should be required after the current situation has calmed down.
But ummm if you plan on buying souvenirs then you should not have to. You are spending money that way and not being "tight" as you refer to it.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I’m not sure what your point is.

The thread was talking about WDW only allowing folks to enter a given resort only if they were either staying in the resort or had a dining reservation in that resort and suggestions they keep that rule forever and I just commented how enjoyable it is to tour the resorts at Christmastime to see the holiday displays and if they had this rule that can't happen anymore.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I know many folks hate buffets but I will miss all buffets at WDW, mostly Biergarten in EPCOT

Good point. I've often wondered what Biergarten would be like if it adapted to a Hofbrauhaus type model. I think I may actually prefer a beer hall that served cooked to order Jagerschnitzel, potato salad, and some spaetzle - over the food served in the buffet.

The buffet is okay - but a lot is left to chance regarding how long some of those plates stay under the heat lamps combined with the frequency in which they bring new plates out. I've had some decent/good meals there, and I've had some "meh" meals. I don't ever recall having a "great" meal there.

Maybe this would be a good time to try out some new ideas.

Joseph Megrey

I've seen several comments on the Disney forums stating that when there's a vaccine the restrictions will all be over & it will all be better.

A couple of facts:
1) There's never been a successful vaccine for any Coronavirus.
2) Even if you get this vaccine you can STILL get infected with Covid-19.
3) The pharmaceutical companies won't be able to produce sufficient quantities of a vaccine until mid to late 2021. And this depends on one or more types of these vaccines that they will manufacturer:
  • Live-attenuated vaccines
  • Inactivated vaccines
  • Subunit, recombinant, polysaccharide, and conjugate vaccines
  • Toxoid vaccines
So, for my family and I, (loyal 20+ year DVC members), we will wait until social interaction is allowed, the parks, resorts, and eateries return to normal, and we won't be afraid to go out in public. Vaccine or no vaccine!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom