So how long to wait for a WDW visit?

Corey P

Original Poster
I was thinking of heading to WDW soon to look over the new lands, especially the Star Wars stuff and stay in a hotel served by the gondola system.

Apparently the Gondolas aren't running smoothly at all and the main SW land attraction is impossible to get on within showing up at 4AM.

Anyone have a guess on how long long this will take to straighten out?

VaderTron

Advertisement
I was thinking of heading to WDW soon to look over the new lands, especially the Star Wars stuff and stay in a hotel served by the gondola system.

Apparently the Gondolas aren't running smoothly at all and the main SW land attraction is impossible to get on within showing up at 4AM.

I'm sure we all have a guess, similar to the guess the weather-forecaster makes as to whether it will rain next week or not. I would surmise you could do just as well if not better with a wall calendar and a dart.

Edit: Are they making 2021 calendars yet?

PeoplemoverTTA

The Skyliner was only down once for a few hours during my trip 12/17-12/23. It also stopped just once for about 30 seconds on 7 rides. I found it extremely reliable, FWIW.

The_Jobu

The boarding group thing will likely be around for quite a while, remember how long FoP was before it settled?

Queen of the WDW Screne

If you don't like it then you can leave
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
If you want to go, then go.
Other than when it first opened I have not seen reports of the Skyliner having constant problems?
Also not sure where you're getting the impossible from. If you want an early boarding group yes you need to arrive prior to park opening. But right now park opening is 6am so yeah people are arriving at 5am. In a couple weeks once park opening is at 8am and 9am people are no longer going to arrive that early.
If you wait for SWGE to calm a bit you'll be crying about a new attraction since Disney has many projects going on right now.

Corey P

Original Poster
The boarding group thing will likely be around for quite a while, remember how long FoP was before it settled?
I wait to see FoP until I heard rumors of cracking concrete and something may be wrong so I hit AK pretty fast before the ride ended up in B mode.

Corey P

Original Poster
If you want to go, then go.
Other than when it first opened I have not seen reports of the Skyliner having constant problems?
Also not sure where you're getting the impossible from. If you want an early boarding group yes you need to arrive prior to park opening. But right now park opening is 6am so yeah people are arriving at 5am. In a couple weeks once park opening is at 8am and 9am people are no longer going to arrive that early.
If you wait for SWGE to calm a bit you'll be crying about a new attraction since Disney has many projects going on right now.
I'm not showing up at 5 AM to see an theme park ride. WDW is suppose to fun not an endurance competition.

Yes the Skyliner is having constant problems till this day, read the Skyliner thread. Seems the Epcot line gets close a lot and stops alot.

It's a chairlift, they're used all over the world, stupid thing should work just about always.

Queen of the WDW Screne

If you don't like it then you can leave
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I'm not showing up at 5 AM to see an theme park ride. WDW is suppose to fun not an endurance competition.

Yes the Skyliner is having constant problems till this day, read the Skyliner thread. Seems the Epcot line gets close a lot and stops alot.

It's a chairlift, they're used all over the world, stupid thing should work just about always.
Ummm so wait until the opening is at 9am not 6am?
Did you really plan on going in the next week or 2 anyways?

Also if you don't trust the Skyliner then don't use it.

Honestly doesn't sound like Disney is for you anyways.

JIMINYCR

You dont want to be inconvenienced by doing what everyone else is having to do? WDW is fun but the reality is that this attraction is very popular and nothings going to change regarding the need for early arrivals and long waits. Thats just what happens with all new popular attractions that open up, at Disney or Uni or anyplace else. Youll just have to wait it out for a year or more for the excitement to die down if you want to walk on. You're no different than the other thousands of guests wanting to experience the newest thing. Either do what you have to do or wait it out.

Shouldigo12

If you're going mainly to see the new land and don't want to have to get up before Dawn to do it, then I would wait a minimum of year. Maybe more, depending on what the demand is around that time. I can't blame you for not wanting to get up that early, I wouldn't either. But that's just how things are right now.

Corey P

Original Poster
Ummm so wait until the opening is at 9am not 6am?
Did you really plan on going in the next week or 2 anyways?

Also if you don't trust the Skyliner then don't use it.

Honestly doesn't sound like Disney is for you anyways.
Might want to read the thread on Disney opening early for the SW people. etc. etc. The boarding passes have been gone at true opening. Can't seem to find the thread, I did read that some where on this forum. If you show up at 9AM opening you will not get a boarding pass.

Actually I haven't been to Disney for a while, switched to a Universal annual Pass.

Top Bottom