so excited - booking tonight!

PigletIsMyCat

i have a call planned at 6pm tonight to book our tenth anniversary wow trip!! a cm friend is going to call and book with her friends & family rate. we're going to check pricing on pofq, contemporary, and boardwalk. i wasn't originally looking at the boardwalk, but apparently the discount she can get right now is pretty good.

i'm kind of hoping the ddp will pop up - she says it doesn't always, it depends on the time of year. although at $59pp, dh and i have discussed whether or not we should bother. it's only two meals, so add another $15 for the third QS and that's $75pp. i think we could do better than $150 food budget most days with one or two splurges. it would be easier for budgeting, but we'll see - it might not be available and be a moot point.

i'm planning on getting all theme park tickets from undercover tourist - they offer a better price than even AAA. we're probably going to get 4 or 5 day hoppers and then universal tickets. we're also renting a car because we'll be going off property a couple of days - we have friends in the area we want to visit with.

i'm so excited - we haven't been to wdw since 01/12 when we went with my brother and his fiancee (i planned his proposal to her in mk!) and we stayed at por. so now i'm going to have almost nine months of ridiculous planning! and budgeting - we're checking into local warehouse stores to find discounted disney gift cards. i'm considering not buying the park tickets until we get closer in case a ridiculous package deal is offered to the public. it would have to be a really good deal to beat her room discount, so it's not likely.... i think. :)

Tinkerbell397

I love the planning....
I have always stayed onsite but in November we will be staying at my daughter's and son-in-law's Marriott timeshare. I was planning to get my tickets from AAA. This will be my first trip staying offsite and I have never had to buy separate tickets before. Is Undercover Tourist a safe bet? :cat:

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
i've read nothing but positive things about undercover tourist. so many other planning websites recommend them, and i've read lots of reviews about positive experiences. the prices that i saw beat my NY AAA discount for both WDW and universal.

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

i've read nothing but positive things about undercover tourist. so many other planning websites recommend them, and i've read lots of reviews about positive experiences. the prices that i saw beat my NY AAA discount for both WDW and universal.

If you sign-up for the Mousesavers email newsletter (15th each month), it contains a
private link to Undercover Tourist with a few dollars off the public website price. I just
completed an order for my March trip and linked the ticket to MyMagic+. I’ve used Undercover 3 or 4 times without any problems and have no issue in recommending them.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
thanks onesandzeros - i signed up :) and we're all booked... saved 40%! no ddp, but i think i'm okay with that. we're planning on buying up disney gift cards at discount stores and maybe using the target red card trick!

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
new development - an old friend in florida gets a fat discount on universal passes and is going to pick some up for us! i'l paypal her the money and we'll have even cheaper tickets! :joyfull:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom