So arriving at Universal/IOA for early park hours...

sudokujesus

Original Poster
I'm going to be hitting Volcano Bay on a Thursday, Universal on a Friday, and IOA on a Saturday in a few weeks and all the parks appear to open at 9am.

I will be staying at Cabana Bay and will have access an hour early... is this good at each park each day?

Also, how is the best way to arrive. I am a bit confused where we will need to go to gain entry into the park. Only a few attractions are open in each park. Do we ride between Universal (Diagon Alley) and IOA (Hogsmeade)? Is there a specific entrance that is better?

JoeCamel

I'm going to be hitting Volcano Bay on a Thursday, Universal on a Friday, and IOA on a Saturday in a few weeks and all the parks appear to open at 9am.

I will be staying at Cabana Bay and will have access an hour early... is this good at each park each day?

Also, how is the best way to arrive. I am a bit confused where we will need to go to gain entry into the park. Only a few attractions are open in each park. Do we ride between Universal (Diagon Alley) and IOA (Hogsmeade)? Is there a specific entrance that is better?
You visit the gates at the front of the park 1 hour before the posted opening. I would be there 1.5 hours early as they often open the gates early. IOA has a front gate as does USF. For VB CBBR has its own entrance though the south pool area.
For the parks there are a couple of areas open early, usually it is one park but sometimes two so check ahead. You will be guided to the open area, follow the crowds. Once normal opening time is reached the HE will open and you can ride between the parks.

Your onsite hotel card will grant you early admission to the park hosting it that day

Last edited:

sudokujesus

Original Poster
You visit the gates at the front of the park 1 hour before the posted opening. I would be there 1.5 hours early as they often open the gates early. IOA has a front gate as does USF. For VB CBBR has its own entrance though the south pool area.
For the parks there are a couple of areas open early, usually it is one park but sometimes two so check ahead. You will be guided to the open area, follow the crowds. Once normal opening time is reached the HE will open and you can ride between the parks.

Your onsite hotel card will grant you early admission to the park hosting it that day

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Just to clarify... I was under the impression that all 3 Universal parks opened an hour early for the hotel guests, but actually it might just be one park each day that is open early? We were planning on getting early admission to VB on Thursday, Universal on Friday, and IOA on Saturday. Do we need to rethink this plan?

I am creating a personalized touring plan on touringplans.com and it knew about the early hours at Universal on Friday, but not IOA on Saturday so this raised a red flag.

JoeCamel

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Just to clarify... I was under the impression that all 3 Universal parks opened an hour early for the hotel guests, but actually it might just be one park each day that is open early? We were planning on getting early admission to VB on Thursday, Universal on Friday, and IOA on Saturday. Do we need to rethink this plan?

I am creating a personalized touring plan on touringplans.com and it knew about the early hours at Universal on Friday, but not IOA on Saturday so this raised a red flag.
During busy times they may open both parks early, slower times only one. VB is always open early to hotel guests.

dm11

Thank you. Somehow I missed that page on their website.
I struggled with that too - it was well hidden when I found it the first time and since then I bookmarked it :)

They've changed their site since so it's perhaps easier to find but I don't really know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom