Snow White's Scary Adventures Vs. Snow White's Enchanted Wish

Which is the better version of the ride?

• Total voters

Sbk1234

I didn't vote, since I haven't seen the new version yet. However, I've watched the videos of it, and honestly, it doesn't really seem all too different to me. There are a couple of added/changed scenes, but in my opinion, not enough to consider it a new attraction. In my mind, it's about the equivalent of changing the bride in the Haunted Mansion, or rearranging some of the dolls in It's a Small World. Either way is good, as far as I'm concerned. I may feel differently once I actually ride it.

No Name

I haven’t voted yet, and I’m not sure how I will vote once I ride it. I’m my opinion, they’re better and worse in different regards. The new version has a rushed pivot to a “happy” ending, but the rest of the ride seems improved by better technology. Really will depend on how much the latter makes up for the former IMO, which is something I definitely can’t judge until I ride in person.

johnsmith1917

They really overcorrected there - some of the changes I don't mind (the pivot to bedroom makes sense to me given the context), but I hate the heraldry by the exit and wish they just pivoted back to Snow White's Adventures for the name.
I'll have to go in person to really judge the exterior, but really like the change to bedroom for the small chamber in the line. The dungeon didn't make sense since we'd hear the hag when she hadn't transformed yet. It was also redundant with the cauldron and dungeon scenes later on

PiratesMansion

Ranking versions of Snow White I've been on, will update when I ride Enchanted Wish (did not vote in poll).

1. Tokyo Disneyland
2. Disneyland Paris
3. WDW 1994
4. Disneyland 1983
Why the disparity between DLP and the 1983 Disneyland ride? Is it simply because Paris has an ending or is there more to it that I'm not thinking of?

I remember that parts of the DLP ride seemed a little more dimensional to me than the 1983 version, but apart from that and the ending they're fairly similar.

Animaniac93-98

Why the disparity between DLP and the 1983 Disneyland ride? Is it simply because Paris has an ending or is there more to it that I'm not thinking of?

I remember that parts of the DLP ride seemed a little more dimensional to me than the 1983 version, but apart from that and the ending they're fairly similar.

Paris takes the 1983 and "plusses" it in just about every scene. In addition to the ending, there's also extra bits of animation like the mine cart that comes crashing towards you, the skeleton that drops from the ceiling, the fireflies in front of the castle mural before the mine etc.

I also like some of the changes in painted flats like the design of the room with the mirror and the load area mural.

At first glance, yes, they are the same, but the ride is just overall more polished IMO.

mharrington

Grumpy does the English safety spiel in Japan.
Just out of curiosity, who does the safety spiel for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? I'm pretty sure that's Doc. I've tried to find videos with just the spiel, but I couldn't find anything. I know, however, that the spiel is heard in the background in some YouTube videos.

Paris takes the 1983 and "plusses" it in just about every scene. In addition to the ending, there's also extra bits of animation like the mine cart that comes crashing towards you, the skeleton that drops from the ceiling, the fireflies in front of the castle mural before the mine etc.

I also like some of the changes in painted flats like the design of the room with the mirror and the load area mural.

At first glance, yes, they are the same, but the ride is just overall more polished IMO.

Additionally, the mine carts hold six people instead of four, as they did and still do in California. When Florida updated its Snow White ride in 1994, they updated their mine carts to hold six people as well.

PiratesMansion

Additionally, the mine carts hold six people instead of four, as they did and still do in California. When Florida updated its Snow White ride in 1994, they updated their mine carts to hold six people as well.
Very true, I had forgotten that detail. While it certainly helps with capacity, I found riding in the six seat cars to be somewhat of an odd experience. A bit like riding a dark ride version of a wild mouse, though infinitely slower.

Professortango1

Scary Adventures was a great example of how an IP Darkride should be handled with a throughline and a tone rather than just showing scenes from the movie.

Enchanted Wish is a clumsy book report which jumps around in tone too much and lacks any focus. Its not terrible, but its on par with Peter Pan for me now, at the bottom of my Fantasyland darkride list.

mrfires

I’m grateful that the last time I rode Snow White before it closed, I got to walk through almost the entire attraction after shortly breaking down. Really got to just absorb everything. That said, after riding Enchanted Wish, I say that the new version is better. The upgrades they did to the ride are in the same vein as what they did to Alice.

I never cared for the forest scene, and I feel it was a necessary sacrifice to give the ride a more proper story and ending. I’m hopeful that over the years, Disney will give Pinocchio and Toad the same treatment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom