Snow White, Tramp arrive in the mail

radioandy

Original Poster
My DVDs came in on Wednesday! It was a great deal, since I used by Diz Club discount and ordered online. Got Snow White, Lady and the Tramp, a 7 Dwarfs pin, and a packet of four Snow White lithographs (I knew that someday my prints would come) all for under $30.
My favorite "bonus" on the DVD is a segment called Disney through years, in which guest narrators give a Disney history lesson, decade-by-decade from the 1930s to present.
The "Platinum Series" looks like a great idea...but do I have to wait 12 months for Beauty and the Beast?

DisneyFreak

The Snow White DVD is excellent! There are so many different features on there. The Dopey interactive game was pretty cool. The deleted scenes where great. I thought they should have left that whole "Sing and Soup" scene in the movie, it was hilarious! The Magic Mirror as host is great and he's pretty funny as well. Disney has outdone themselves with this one and might have set a new standard for DVD releases.

I bought three of them so that I could get a couple extra free ones (Little Mermaid, Lady and the Tramp and Fantasia 2000).

Chernabog

I got my DVD yesterday. I've been too busy to watch it yet but as soon as class ends I'll be on my couch watching it all weekend long! Hooray for free stuff with a DVD I would have bought anyway!:sohappy: :D :p

MrPromey

To be honest, some of the bonus footage is very close to what you see in the move for the 100 year celebration at MGM. That means all of you that were planning to come down can just watch your Snow White DVDs and save a few hundred (or thousand) dollars ;)
Freak, I believe that I read an article in the Orlando Sentinel which stated that this was in fact a first of it's kind DVD, particularly with having the mirror act as a narrator through everything. They had commented that up till this point, the most we have ever seen is animated menus and that the this was the first one to offer direction and true interaction. I'll try to find that article. I read it off my cell phone so I'm not exactly sure where it would be online but if I can find it, I'll post it :)

...Also worth pointing out - all of the mirror animation and voice over is completely new for this DVD. It was hand drawn by Disney Animators exclusively for the special DVD release of this movie - another first :)

Jimengland

I have the DVD also and it is amazing and the picture galleries work whereas on my Fantasia Legacy DVD when I click OK after enlarging an image nothing happens and the only way to get out is to press menu and go back to the beginning.:brick:
Does anyone elses do this or should I try and swap it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom