Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

Rescue Ranger

Its sad to think, once this is gone, when its all said and done the whole Fantasyland Expansion will only really add one additional ride to the park......! :dazzle:

Rescue Ranger

Actually yea, and toontown lost Donalds boat...so actually, the park has no more rides than before. If not less lol. Thats actually really sad, after all the work they are doing.

All this work and all we're adding is some more stuff to look at that eventually will be more to complain about because its only a matter of time until the waterfalls will stop working at Mermaid and Beasts castle......

the-reason14

It sounds like the Princess Fantasy Faire is an attempt to do something more than the "mall Santa model".

You acknowledge the need, so I won't argue that point with you. M&Gs are a necessary evil if you are going to look at them as an evil.

Since you acknowledge that the m&gs are needed, it seems like your issue (and that of many others) is the idea that a meet and greet is replacing a ride. But that's not what's going on. The 7 Dwarves are replacing Snow White. The meet and greet is just moving into an empty building.

And, let's face facts, there is no more ideal location for the Princess m&g than FL. People are always complaining about m&gs being shoe-horned into lands where they don't belong. Now people are up in arms because they are moving the princesses from MS to FL? :shrug:

Probably because it's replacing an actual ride. I don't see why they can't set up a tent or construct some small but big enough building, theme it, and stick them in it. As big as the MK is compared to DL, it's astonishing to see how much better DL utilizes it's space. Yes, some areas are cramped, and MK has 3 other parks and more land, but still. I think them getting rid of SWSA for a meeting greet is stupid. Or they can just have them posted up in random areas in the new fantasyland and rotate, that way they can make little suzie and her family come back to see her favorite princess, and trick the parents into buying new stuff from the gift shops. :shrug:

David S.

Well... if you count 20k... :lookaroun

Actually yea, and toontown lost Donalds boat...so actually, the park has no more rides than before. If not less lol. Thats actually really sad, after all the work they are doing.

All this work and all we're adding is some more stuff to look at that eventually will be more to complain about because its only a matter of time until the waterfalls will stop working at Mermaid and Beasts castle......

I agree, and don't forget the Skyway! And although one could argue that the loss of Donald's Boat is being canceled out by the addition of Casey Jr (the water play area, unfortunately not the ride like at DL), MK did lose the Mickey's House and Minnie's House hyper-detailed walk-through attractions, which for me were the aesthetic highlights of Toontown, and certainly more worthy of being saved than the tents.

After the expansion, MK's Fantasyland and space formerly occupied by Toontown will have 11 attractions, if you count Casey Jr. If you count Storytime with Belle, that's 12.

Meanwhile, DL's Fantasyland currently has 13 attractions, and when you combine that with their Toontown you get a whooping 20. All in far fewer acres than WDW's MK!

Rescue Ranger

I really miss Mickey and Minnie's Houses, those NEVER should have been taken away for good. Moved, sure, but as far as I'm concerned, they should be staples of the park.

Dwarful

I knew this was coming, but I am still sad to see it go. This was one ride we could all ride together. This has been a must do for us on every trip. We knew last summer that that trip it might be our last go round on Snow White. I also don't buy the whole 'you're getting the mine train ride' as not everyone will be able to ride the mine train, while everyone could ride this ride...even if it scared the heck out of them.

I_heart_Tigger

Well, I'm happy that I get to ride it one last time and that I can show my WDW "virgin" friends I'm bringing in April.

One of my favourite memories of the ride was when my sister was looking toward my side of the car and I pointed past her to get her to look at the other side just at the witch moves toward her...she screamed LOUD and almost jumped out of her seat...btw she was 17 at the time :lol:

The Empress Lilly

I know I'm probably going to be ridiculed for this, but I started to cry a little bit when I found out that it now has a set closing date. I've known for the past two years that this was going to happen eventually. I even rode Snow White's Scary Adventures 15 times during my past trip in January because I knew of its eventual demise.

However, the impact still hit me pretty hard. I have a really soft spot for classic attractions, especially dark rides, and to see this ride have the same fate as attractions such as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the World of Motion, it breaks my heart. It's even worse because it is being replaced by another stinkin' meet and greet. :cry:
I understand your pain. Sometimes I look at old rides, at distant memories, and it just breaks my heart.

My dad took me on SW in the 1970's. It was the favourite ride of my sister. I was so hoping to take my niece on it, who's a little baby right now. Pass on the legacy.

Of these three, none can ride the new coaster. My dad's too old. My sister suffered a car accident so she cant do rough rides anymore. My niece is too small.

But I can take 'em to a stinking meet&greet. :zipit:

PalisadesPkteer

Only if you insist on seeing it that way. But the intention was for the Mine Train to replace Snow White.

20K was replaced by nothing a long, long time ago. Clinging to that doesn't do a lot to validate your argument.

Clearly they would be out of place in the Storybook Circus and you know that.

There are other plans for the Skyway station.

Which Skyway station? The old FL skyway station will be new bathrooms.

The old TL skyway station got its makeover already. Do not see either of them being more than restrooms. Are you saying they will do more with either or both of them?

TalkingHead

It has a lot more "low budget carnival rides".

Except all of their dark rides are, without exception, technically superior to the MK's counterparts.

Good riddance, I say. They never bothered to bring Snow White into the 21st century. Not surprising that it's the only dark ride in Fantasyland that hardly ever had more than a 15 minute wait.

R W B

Glad I finally took time to ride this on my last trip. I learned from my mistake of never going to see Minnie and Mickeys house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom