Snow Day!

bamboo7

Original Poster
So i was really hoping that i would have at least one good snowfall before i move to florida, and it would seem that today i am getting my wish. I still have to go to work, but since i work outdoors i won't be doing much at all, and i'll have a short day. :sohappy:

tigsmom

I'm glad somebody is happy about the snow...the contractors are going to be here today replacing my slider with an atrium door (and rebuilding the frame)...brrrrrrrr. :(
(but at least there will be no more drafts. :sohappy: )

tigsmom

Originally posted by pinkrose
It's rare that we get snow :cry: If we are lucky, we'll have flurries next week. :lol:

Since we are expecting about a foot before its over on Sunday afternoon :)eek: ) I'll send some your way. :wave:

(the new door just arrived! )

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by pinkrose
It's rare that we get snow :cry: If we are lucky, we'll have flurries next week. :lol:

Take my word as a former New Englander- It's nice to look at and makes a great picture, but snow becomes overrated quickly!

If it were possible to have a couple of inches on Christmas Day, then dissappear the next day that would be ideal.

I still remember the blizzard of '78 when there was a 12 foot snow drift outside my family's second floor apartment. We could open our window and touch it. And the April Fool's storm a few years back when my car was buried with 3 feet of snow above it's roof.

:xmas:

tigsmom

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Take my word as a former New Englander- It's nice to look at and makes a great picture, but snow becomes overrated quickly!

If it were possible to have a couple of inches on Christmas Day, then dissappear the next day that would be ideal.

I still remember the blizzard of '78 when there was a 12 foot snow drift outside my family's second floor apartment. We could open our window and touch it. And the April Fool's storm a few years back when my car was buried with 3 feet of snow above it's roof.

:xmas:

How about three years ago when we had snow for 17 weekends in a row? (every Thursday & Sunday). I had a 6 foot high snow bank at the end of my road till May!

It hasn't started here yet, but the schools just closed...everyone is dismissed early. Its 23 degrees outside and with the big hole in my wall its just 49 degrees inside. :eek:
These guys are working fast...brought in more people,but its more complicated than they thought. ( I guess its hard to rebuild the opening & replace an 8ft slider.)

I would give anything to be in a warmer climate right now...want to switch?

kal1484

Ahh, snow. I woke up to like, the snow frosting the ground. Snow is good for one thing: Christmas Eve/Morning. Other than that, it needs to go away.

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by tigsmom
I would give anything to be in a warmer climate right now...want to switch?

We only reached about 36 degrees here yesterday in Hotlanta. Really not much of a difference. Altho it's going to bounce back to the upper 50's - low 60's in the next few days.

If I could use Stitch's........I mean S.I.R.'s........transporter to visit y'all for a couple of hours that would be great.

kal1484

My mom's friend just said "i'm not going out in this weather!!" Now, I can see had she not lived in michigan all her life. But man, it's nothing out. It's actually pretty good weather for december...

tigsmom

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
We only reached about 36 degrees here yesterday in Hotlanta. Really not much of a difference. Altho it's going to bounce back to the upper 50's - low 60's in the next few days.

If I could use Stitch's........I mean S.I.R.'s........transporter to visit y'all for a couple of hours that would be great.

And you are welcome anytime. :wave:

SirNim

WEATHER UPDATE:

RHODE ISLAND - 5:00 PM - Snow just beginning to dust the roadways in Southeastern New England.

####

WDW-Imagineer

Since we are expecting about a foot before its over on Sunday afternoon :)eek: ) I'll send some your way. :wave:

(the new door just arrived! )

:wave: from your neighbor Rockland County. Just south of you in Sloatsburg.

tigsmom

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
:wave: from your neighbor Rockland County. Just south of you in Sloatsburg.

:wave:

Sloatsburg, pass thru there all the time. Did you ever notice thats right where the snow turns to rain?

WDW-Imagineer

:wave:

Sloatsburg, pass thru there all the time. Did you ever notice thats right where the snow turns to rain?

Yeah, that or where the rain turns to snow..... so while the Suffern area is raining, we're snowing. I used to hate that when we would have school because of the clear road conditions in Suffern, while the buses couldn't get up the hills here.

SirNim

WEATHER UPDATE:

By SirNim (Unassociated Press) RHODE ISLAND - 9:30 AM EST - 5 1/2 inches so far... Still accumulating because snow is continuing to fall heavily. Point your cursors here for the latest weather information as it happens.

####

tigsmom

We have about 4 inches so far and its still snowing. The tail end of the storm will be worse and we could end up with 12- 17 inches by tomorrow night! :( Stay warm & dry everyone. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom