Snorkel Rental and Glasses

Fear

Original Poster
Quick question for our cruise next week (!):

We're planning on renting snorkeling gear, and I wear glasses exclusively (not contacts). Is there enough room to wear glasses with the rented mask?

Thanks!

ChuckElias

I don't wear glasses, personally. But I'm pretty sure the part of the glasses that extends back to the ear will create an opening under the mask that will allow water in.

Chuck is correct. The temples (part that goes from frame to ear) will, indeed, create a crease that will cause your mask to leak. It may be slow enough to get a few good looks in, but you will grow very tired of having to surface to pour out the water and re-adjust it....

Also, wear your inflatable vest out there. It is not shallow enough to stand anywhere to catch your breath once you leave the shore line, so the flotation helps a lot.

EOD K9

Chuck is correct. The temples (part that goes from frame to ear) will, indeed, create a crease that will cause your mask to leak. It may be slow enough to get a few good looks in, but you will grow very tired of having to surface to pour out the water and re-adjust it....

Also, wear your inflatable vest out there. It is not shallow enough to stand anywhere to catch your breath once you leave the shore line, so the flotation helps a lot.
Only spot is standing on the sub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom