Sneaking into Disney...why?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I just feel clueless when it comes to this. I get the thrill of exploring abandoned places that aren't monitored and are free to wonder about, but this? Why? Why do people think this is a good idea?

For views? Thrills? What?

SMH

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Are you talking about the youtube.

I think alot of people think they are fake. That the guy actually has a ticket or an AP and just is pretending to sneak in to get views for his content.
That just makes it even more mindboggling. I know there are some who do have APs and do that, but there are a few that decide it is a good idea to try to get in without paying or go into areas of the parks they aren't supposed to be in.

Almac97

For views?
Yup. Everything is click driven nowadays. Sad but true.

While in line for SM during our trip ~3 weeks ago, I recognized someone in line behind us. I asked him if his name was what I thought it was, and he confirmed. I personally have watched a few of his Youtube videos (when you primarily watch Disney, roller coaster, & theme park vids in general, eventually Youtube will recommend him) but his clickbait titles are un-bear-a-ble.

Without naming names, he has 100,000 subscribers and all he does is go around and play mini golf courses with his girlfriend. Pretty harmless, and good enough editing capabilities. But each video is titled something along the lines of "OMG YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE THIS HOLE", or "THIS HAS TO BE THE CRAZIEST THING EVER".

I had to explain this to my son and explain how there's an overwhelming amount of content in the world, and as a result, people have to try to over-sensationalize things to try to grab your attention and earn their ad revenue. Acting stupid and breaking laws is also how some think they can get Youtube famous/rich.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Yup. Everything is click driven nowadays. Sad but true.

While in line for SM during our trip ~3 weeks ago, I recognized someone in line behind us. I asked him if his name was what I thought it was, and he confirmed. I personally have watched a few of his Youtube videos (when you primarily watch Disney, roller coaster, & theme park vids in general, eventually Youtube will recommend him) but his clickbait titles are un-bear-a-ble.

Without naming names, he has 100,000 subscribers and all he does is go around and play mini golf courses with his girlfriend. Pretty harmless, and good enough editing capabilities. But each video is titled something along the lines of "OMG YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE THIS HOLE", or "THIS HAS TO BE THE CRAZIEST THING EVER".

I had to explain this to my son and explain how there's an overwhelming amount of content in the world, and as a result, people have to try to over-sensationalize things to try to grab your attention and earn their ad revenue. Acting stupid and breaking laws is also how some think they can get Youtube famous/rich.
Wow that is just so sad.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Aslong as people keep watching such "content" it'll keep happening , the real question is : Why are people watching such things ?
Good question. The world and all of its info is at our fingertips with the current technology. And for some reason, watching some poor fool breaking the rules makes it to the top of the list of entertainment. I truly don't understand it.

JIMINYCR

Aslong as people keep watching such "content" it'll keep happening , the real question is : Why are people watching such things ?

Because even if its illegal and off limits, theres something appealing to people watching things they are forbidden to see. Someone else takes the risk and you get to view the unknown, hidden scenes you never could see before. The mystery of whats behind the closed off room is uncovered. And we are crazy enough and curious enough Disney nuts that we cant help but look. And Disney wont ban US for looking.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Because even if its illegal and off limits, theres something appealing to people watching things they are forbidden to see. Someone else takes the risk and you get to view the unknown, hidden scenes you never could see before. The mystery of whats behind the closed off room is uncovered. And we are crazy enough and curious enough Disney nuts that we cant help but look. And Disney wont ban US for looking.
Reminds me of that show on Netflix which I may or may not have binged watch: Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed

Our curiosity just gets the best of us.

John park hopper

I have often wondered with all the nooks and crannies in the parks if anyone has hidden out in the parks overnight after they close; with the intent of avoiding the park fee the next day. Does Disney do a security check every night to make sure this does not happen? Just wondering and no I have no thoughts of ever doing it

Last edited:

John park hopper

Yes we have talked about this before. An 18 year old adult and his brother hid in Tom Saywer's island. At night they tried to swim across the river and

• On June 20, 1973, an 18-year-old New York resident and his 10-year-old brother stayed on Tom Sawyer's Island past closing time by hiding in an area that is off-limits to guests. When they wanted to leave the island, they decided to swim across the river, despite the younger brother not knowing how to swim. The 18-year-old attempted to carry his younger brother on his back and drowned halfway across. His body was found the next morning. The younger brother was able to stay afloat by "dog paddling" until a ride operator rescued him.[49]
Was their intent to avoid the park fee the next day?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Yes we have talked about this before. An 18 year old adult and his brother hid in Tom Saywer's island. At night they tried to swim across the river and

• On June 20, 1973, an 18-year-old New York resident and his 10-year-old brother stayed on Tom Sawyer's Island past closing time by hiding in an area that is off-limits to guests. When they wanted to leave the island, they decided to swim across the river, despite the younger brother not knowing how to swim. The 18-year-old attempted to carry his younger brother on his back and drowned halfway across. His body was found the next morning. The younger brother was able to stay afloat by "dog paddling" until a ride operator rescued him.[49]
Wait, I thought they snuck onto Discovery Island, not Tom Sawyer's....

Andrew M

Very simple answer: Money. Either saving the cost of a park ticket or getting clicks on YouTube.

I saw one obviously staged and over-acted video where three kids said they were 'hiding out' at the Magic Kingdom and play up avoiding security and then the video ends with them at the TTC Parking lot, with no explanation how they could possibly get there and out of the park without utilizing Disney Transportation.

Driver

I have often wondered with all the nooks and crannies in the parks if anyone has hidden out in the parks overnight after they close; with the intent of avoiding the park fee the next day. Does Disney do a security check every night to make sure this does not happen? Just wondering and no I have no thoughts of ever doing it
Yes they do a check, in each area the CM's have a sweep system to check every nook and cranny. Including restrooms! Once the park is deemed "clear" maintenance CM's start their work. If you managed to stow away it would be very difficult for you to remain undetected. The parks never sleep. Besides ride maintenance the horticulture people are there as well as custodial and others working on special projects. Such as rehearsing for new shows etc. etc. The average person would not blend in, not only would you be lacking your ID. It would look suspicious when you went to backstage areas and have that lost look as you wonder aimlessly taking in the new surroundings. CM's are familiar with backstage and don't " sight see" as they walk. They know where they are going and they go there like they mean it !

KimAnnFran

This is terrible.
At least the younger one survived.
I would be too scared to stay there after closing, and TERRIFIED to try and swim across, knowing most waterways are open to gators.

JIMINYCR

Reminds me of that show on Netflix which I may or may not have binged watch: Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed

Our curiosity just gets the best of us.

Ooooh I like that series. A friend of mine is a professional magician who does a lot of shows. He even likes it. He says the audience doesnt care theyve seen before how its done. They still like to be entertained with magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom