Sneak Peek of Pirates Update

disneydata

theTank524 said:
WoW! Everything looks great. Nice Find.

The Capt. Jack AA looks and MOVES really good. And Barbosa looks great too.

:brick:DOH!! When the cannons fire they still only light up orange:p

LATER FOLKS:wave:
Cannons are upgraded as well. It's a new effect (that's not on yet) and they've added new (LOUD) speakers in that area to enhance the effect.

No, the ride won't be open on the 30th to guests.

robhedin

MSUGoGreen22 said:
That looks awesome, I'm going on June 30th, anyone think I'll be able to ride by then?

From http://www.wdwmagic.com/pirates_makeover.htm there's a chance:

"16 June 2006: Pirates of the Caribbean reopening schedule

The latest information regarding the reopening of Pirates is as follows. However, please remember that at this point none of this is officially confirmed, so please do not plan trips around these dates until they are confirmed.

Re-training of cast is currently set to run during June 27 - June 28. There is then a possibility of a cast preview on Thursday 29 June, with a possible guest soft-opening date on Saturday July 1, just in time for the busy July 4 period."

Actually, I'd be really surprised if it *didn't* open for guests during (soft open at least) during the 4th of July week given how busy they are, I'm sure they could use the ride capacity.

rob.

SewIn2Disney

I can watch every video on the page, except for the ride preview. I get audio but no picture. I am running IE, can anyone help me out?

KevinPage

Steamboat_Kevin said:
:brick: It made me exit Firefox to watch it. An Internet Explorer-using Kevin is not a happy Kevin.

HOWEVER! Great video. Great audio-animatronics. Looks like it will be a change for the better :D The changes seem kinda subtle, and that's good! :sohappy:

Thanks for the video! :)

I use Firefox as well. I love my Xbox 360, but Explorer is a "pig".

dandaman

I clicked on the main image (the one where it should, at the moment, say "LIVE NOW from Disneyland Resort). Less than 10 minutes until a live webcast! :sohappy:

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
i hope some of y'all are watching the webcast, cuz they just showed the davy jones mist effect! and johnny depp was riding the ride, they showed even more footage!

it was awesome!

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the link! Sorry I missed that podcast. I will be interested to see how this project looks finished (and in person, of course).

lilmike09

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
i hope some of y'all are watching the webcast, cuz they just showed the davy jones mist effect! and johnny depp was riding the ride, they showed even more footage!

it was awesome!

o crap i missed that, man i realy wanted to see that, do you think they will show it tonight on E?

EpcotServo

disneydata said:
No, the ride won't be open on the 30th to guests.
So is there any chance of a soft opening for guests or Cast Members before the 7th? Or will it just open on the 7th? I can't imagine it being closed for the July 4th. :confused:

disneydata

EpcotServo said:
So is there any chance of a soft opening for guests or Cast Members before the 7th? Or will it just open on the 7th? I can't imagine it being closed for the July 4th. :confused:
That all depends on if everything is ready. Most likely there will be a soft opening starting the end of the week. Just like any other soft opening, the ride may not be operational all the time.

EpcotServo

disneydata said:
That all depends on if everything is ready. Most likely there will be a soft opening starting the end of the week. Just like any other soft opening, the ride may not be operational all the time.
Thanks very much! :D

AEfx

That was actually worth booting up IE and unblocking it from the firewall for. :)

Thanks for the link!

AEfx

robhedin

EpcotServo said:

It should be (at least in soft-) open on or about the 1st of July (in time for the busy July 4th week) -- according to Disney's Operational updates ( http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ng/index?id=CalendarRefurbishmentsListingPage ), it's only closed through June 30th. The DLR is already doing cast previews and opens tomorrow (on-schedule).

rob.

lilmike09

i just watched the sneak peak of the ride on E, and the davy jones projection effect, looked AMAZING, the boat actually went right through it, and if im not mistaking it looked like it was just a waterfall of fog or something....

bassman

lilmike09 said:
i just watched the sneak peak of the ride on E, and the davy jones projection effect, looked AMAZING, the boat actually went right through it, and if im not mistaking it looked like it was just a waterfall of fog or something....

yeah i just watched it on utube or however its put.
it does look amazing.
my only question is that will the mist waterfall be in the WDW version,will the boats go through the mist waterfall on the WDW version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom