Sneak Peek of MMRR?

TBrass84

Original Poster
So, bit of a long shot, I know, and an off-beat question, but figure there are tons of experts here. We moved our trip up to the first 5 days of August, in order to save money by getting the free dining plan. This is the latest we could go, as both kids are in school in Texas, and my wife is a teacher and has to be back in the classroom on the 9th and we're driving. We're very well aware that even if MMRR opens in August, it will probably not be until the end of the month. I have some friends who are CM at the parks, but none with any connections high enough up to be able to check this out. Is there any way, or anyone know of who would be best to talk to, in order to see if there's any way to be some of the testers for MMRR, if it is at a point where it is ready to be tested before opening?

mergatroid

So, bit of a long shot, I know, and an off-beat question, but figure there are tons of experts here. We moved our trip up to the first 5 days of August, in order to save money by getting the free dining plan. This is the latest we could go, as both kids are in school in Texas, and my wife is a teacher and has to be back in the classroom on the 9th and we're driving. We're very well aware that even if MMRR opens in August, it will probably not be until the end of the month. I have some friends who are CM at the parks, but none with any connections high enough up to be able to check this out. Is there any way, or anyone know of who would be best to talk to, in order to see if there's any way to be some of the testers for MMRR, if it is at a point where it is ready to be tested before opening?

Sorry but I have no connections. To be honest though I can't see Disney letting anyone be 'testers' otherwise everyone would apply. They probably will have soft openings before the official opening date to practice operations, however it's hit and miss what dates and times these are. If soft openings happen then you just have to be there at the right time but there's no guarantee. Sometimes they let AP holders apply for FP's for a week or so before the official opening, but these are limited and in high demand usually.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Soft opening protocol varies with each attraction, but the general rule is that by their very nature, they don't want to get bogged down with trying to accommodate requests. They do testing as and when needed, with cast members guests, or sometimes both. Its impossible to say at this point how it will go. Best bet is to stay tuned to this site, we'll report when anything happens. Just don't expect to be able to work your way into any test group.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Soft opening protocol varies with each attraction, but the general rule is that by their very nature, they don't want to get bogged down with trying to accommodate requests. They do testing as and when needed, with cast members guests, or sometimes both. Its impossible to say at this point how it will go. Best bet is to stay tuned to this site, we'll report when anything happens. Just don't expect to be able to work your way into any test group.

@wdwmagic is there any method to how people are chosen to participate in soft openings?

cspencer96

@wdwmagic is there any method to how people are chosen to participate in soft openings?
Not really. CMs often are able to enter into a lottery through a program called Magic Backstage, sometimes being permitted to bring their immediate family members or an allotted amount of guests with them to the dress rehearsal. Guests typically are just approached at random and asked if they want to participate in a dress rehearsal/soft opening of a new attraction. Sometimes they just open the doors with no fanfare for a few minutes at a time, and the Guests who wander in are the lucky ones. It all depends on a lot of variable factors, and Disney could of course do things any way they please.

cjkeating

If it means dealing with Woody Harrelson, count me out.

I was lucky enough to be at the first soft opening of new Fantasyland. The telltale sign was Disney Cloaking Devices at the entrance (plants on wheels) and cast members hanging around in front of them telling people nothing was happening. Then later that (morning?) the plants were wheeled to the side and people walked in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom