Snack price increases?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
My wife, who was down at WDW from last Thursday until today, said that she noticed several snacks had increased in price. Examples:

Mickey Ice Cream Bar: Was $3.75, now $5.00
Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich: Now $5.00
Mickey Pretzel: Now $6.00

Does anyone more 'in the know" have more information around this?

I don't know if that is temporary "seasonally-adjusted pricing" or a permanent price increase, but a 33% increase on the price of Mickey Ice Cream Bars, temporary or not, is utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
What are you going to do? Cancel your vacation? Just give us your money and keep your mouth shut, smile, and come back again and like it.

bob-iger-3.jpg

Shanghai

Princess Leia

:banghead:
In all honesty, one of the things I was looking forward to for my trip next year was a Mickey ice cream bar (idk why, nostalgia?)... and now Idk if it would be worth the nostalgic feeling.

Does this make the DDP worth it or a waste of money?

Princess Leia

This just further helps to "prove value" of the DDP. First it was the cuts of steak, and now its our Mickey premium bar......
Like, I've never used the DDP, but I'm on the fence for next year. I know the price went up, and the offers aren't as good as they used to be in the past, but I have some pretty fond memories of different foods and restaurants at the Disney parks.

Disney, you have literally put a price on nostalgia.

Last edited:

andysol

It's the mindless marketing team being able to say- "Disney Dining Plan is now even a Better Value!"

Raise everything 30%, raise DDP prices 10%, and then the Sirens and sxeensweets of the world can tout how good of a deal the DDP is and the rest of us just aren't seeing things correctly.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's the mindless marketing team being able to say- "Disney Dining Plan is now even a Better Value!"

Raise everything 30%, raise DDP prices 10%, and then the Sirens and sxeensweets of the world can tout how good of a deal the DDP is and the rest of us just aren't seeing things correctly.

"The Disney Dining Plan - Now 20% MORE MAGICAL!!!!"

punkabella

In complete agreement about the increase of prices help make the DDP seem like so much more of a value. Hopefully with the increase of pricing of ice cream will allow the carts to stay stocked up.

NYwdwfan

Anyone have the history of dining plan pricing? I vaguely remember paying roughly $45/$11 for adults/kids when we used it around 8 years ago. Of course I may be mis-remembering what I paid.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone have the history of dining plan pricing? I vaguely remember paying roughly $45/$11 for adults/kids when we used it around 8 years ago. Of course I may be mis-remembering what I paid.

I found the following:

2009 Quick Service Dining Plan
  • Adults (Ages 10+) : $29.99 per day
  • Children: (Ages 3-9): $8.99 per day
2009 Regular Dining Plan
  • Adults (Ages 10+) : $39.99 per day
  • Children: (Ages 3-9): $10.99 per day
2010 Quick Service Dining Plan
  • Adults (Ages 10+): $31.99 per day
  • Children: (Ages 3-9): $ 9.99 per day.
2010 Regular Dining Plan
  • Adults (Ages 10+) :
    • $41.99 per day (regular season)
    • $46.99 per day (peak season)
  • Children: (Ages 3-9):
    • $11.99 per day (regular season)
    • $12.99 per day (peak season)

PeoplemoverTTA

We noticed the pretzel hike last month. We don't eat dairy (can't have it), and ordered pretzels in Frontierland. They handed us cheese, and we told them we didn't order it.

"All pretzels come with cheese now." Was the response. I looked at the sign and sure enough, it said "Pretzel with Cheese" only, and cost $6. Besides being a ridiculous cost, it is honestly crazy to force people to buy cheese...particularly those who can't eat it for health reasons.

I mentioned it at Guest Relations on the way out and the CM confirmed that yes, you had to buy the cheese. We noticed it at every other park as well, but when we ordered them at the cart by GMR in DHS, the CM asked us if we wanted cheese. "I thought we had to," we said.

"No, we can still ring it up that way," was her response.

It's a big mess and honestly, a big ripoff. Are there more important things to be annoyed by? Sure, but honestly, this is a ridiculous way to nickel and dime people.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

We noticed the pretzel hike last month. We don't eat dairy (can't have it), and ordered pretzels in Frontierland. They handed us cheese, and we told them we didn't order it.

"All pretzels come with cheese now." Was the response. I looked at the sign and sure enough, it said "Pretzel with Cheese" only, and cost $6. Besides being a ridiculous cost, it is honestly crazy to force people to buy cheese...particularly those who can't eat it for health reasons.

I mentioned it at Guest Relations on the way out and the CM confirmed that yes, you had to buy the cheese. We noticed it at every other park as well, but when we ordered them at the cart by GMR in DHS, the CM asked us if we wanted cheese. "I thought we had to," we said.

"No, we can still ring it up that way," was her response.

It's a big mess and honestly, a big ripoff. Are there more important things to be annoyed by? Sure, but honestly, this is honestly a ridiculous way to nickel and dime people.

Now they have moved cheese off the toppings bar and are selling it for $1 a serving they use much less so that trailer load they have rotting out back has to go somewhere. Everyone gets CHEESE!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom