Trip Report **COMPLETED** Snack and Back: Our Halloween Trip

Hello everyone!
I am back again from the World and I took a few more photos than last time well knowing I would actually write a TR :hilarious:

Who?
Back to just my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
520487817.jpeg

Where?
Back at the Contemporary. We were originally staying at BLT (not on points) but when the pass holder discount came out it was cheaper to stay theme park view at the Contemporary. No lie. It was nuts.

When?
October 3-6, 2019

Why?
We planned this trip well before our other trips with the idea of it being our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party trip :hilarious:

The Title?
If you followed me on Instagram you may know otherwise you will find out at the end :)

October 3, 2019
We got up at 3:30 am 🙃
We stayed at a hotel across the street from the airport so we saved ourselves some time aka more sleep :joyfull:
DSC_0338.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

We took a shuttle over to the airport and made it just around the time the Southwest Counter opened.
We made it through check in and security in less than 10 minutes.
Then we grabbed some bagels for a quick breakfast.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

After our breakfast we headed to our gate
IMG_6683.JPG

Z%EXFsDjTkC5RjPd8xUOfA.jpg

For once we boarded our plane on time and left on time :)
WrE7vzcNQGOycnXxjHUKSQ.jpg

Our flight went by very fast. I think it was 2 hours and 10 minutes and soon enough we were at MCO!
Fonorail time! We were standing so super awkward photos :hilarious:
DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

New airport picture? :joyfull:
DSC_0348.JPG

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Oh hey Mickey
535873548.jpeg

Winnie the Pooh had a short wait so we jumped in that line next
DSC_0421.JPG

DSC_0423.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

DSC_0427.JPG

I really wanted to try an Arendelle Aqua Cone and since we happened to be right next to Storybook Treats we decided - why not try it at 10 am? :hilarious:
IMG_6861.JPG

IMG_6863.JPG

The ice cream is cotton candy flavored and it has sugar cubes on it. I actually really like cotton candy ice cream so I was super excited to try this! It was actually not super sweet like cotton candy ice cream tends to be so it was nice and light. My Mom even liked it and she does usually like that kind of ice cream. I would definitely recommend it!
Next up was our HM Fast Pass
IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6867.JPG

Next up: more MK

I'mwatchinguWizowski

We love the Mac & cheese at CG!! We’ve asked for it as a side before when it wasn’t on the menu! And funny we get stomach aches from the ravioli too. I don’t know what’s in it but it bothers us every time!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We love the Mac & cheese at CG!! We’ve asked for it as a side before when it wasn’t on the menu! And funny we get stomach aches from the ravioli too. I don’t know what’s in it but it bothers us every time!

I never even knew the Mac and cheese existed! I wonder what it is about the goat cheese ravioli but I am glad to hear I'm not alone :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
BTMR!
DSC_0444.JPG

IMG_6875.JPG

After our ride we headed over towards Tomorrowland
Ran into this guy "fishing" along the way :hilarious:
IMG_6878.JPG

My Mom and I were so confused about if this Tomorrowland sign is new or not. It turns out it is :hilarious: but we could not exactly say for sure until I looked it up.
IMG_6879.JPG

My gun was broken....hence the pout :joyfull:
535929245.jpeg

Then we headed out of the MK ...well...not before taking a purple wall photo.
IMG_6882.JPG

IMG_6884.JPG

535931550.jpeg

We headed back to the Contemporary. We ended up making another last minute dining reservation for the evening but we knew we needed a snack so we stopped for our favorite lunch/snack. Chili cheese nachos from the Sand Bar.
IMG_6885.JPG

Yummy!! They were so good except there were like a million birds around which was really stressing my Mom out :hilarious:

Next up: pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Pool time!!
IMG_6889.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3fd6.jpeg

This is the 100 Morning Meltdown (my current Beachbody program) power pose :hilarious:
IMG_6894.JPG

We decided to get a drink at the pool
IMG_6897.JPG
IMG_6898.JPG

Strawberry margarita for me
IMG_6902.JPG

Poolside iced tea (aka Long Island Iced Tea) for my Mom
IMG_6903.JPG

We spent some time in the quiet pool as well :)
IMG_6906.JPG

Next up: some random Contemporary things

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We did a bit of shopping at Bay View Gifts then somehow ended up in the arcade :hilarious:
I'm making this face because I'm terrible at skee-ball
IMG_6915.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

Then we got dressed back into our MNSSHP outfits. I must say these were way more comfortable than any costume we have ever worn :)
They have this cool sign outside of Bay View Gifts that a CM took our photo with :)
DSC_0447.JPG

They were really pushing MNSSHP - our check at California Grill and The Plaza came with an ad :hilarious:
Another sign along the way to MK - aka another ad :joyfull:
DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0450.JPG

We stopped for a PP picture right away :)
536217160.jpeg

536217221.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Our dining reservation was for Tony's. I think it was at 4:20 or something and we expected a long wait but I checked in and for once in our lives we were seated early!
We were seated right by the fountain
IMG_6924.JPG

You can tell in these photos that there were not a ton of people in the restaurant
IMG_6927.JPG

IMG_6928.JPG

Bread to start
IMG_6932.JPG

We started off with the spinach dip again because it was so good last time!
IMG_6933.JPG

For dinner my Mom got the chicken parm
IMG_6934.JPG

And as per usual I got the gnocchi primavera
IMG_6935.JPG

IMG_6936.JPG

After our delicious dinner we headed out and happened upon the flag retreat so we stopped to watch
DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0452.JPG

Next up: some actual MNSSHP

DouglasE

It is 11 days until I have my dinner at the California Grill. Because I have a Disney planning illness, I already know what I want and it turns out to be the meal you had! I am loving all of the pictures you are posting. It is so great that you have a mom that is a partner in crime like she is. I find it crazy to see temperatures in the 90's in October, but that is Florida for you. Looking forward to your next installment.

Lily5170

It is 11 days until I have my dinner at the California Grill. Because I have a Disney planning illness, I already know what I want and it turns out to be the meal you had! I am loving all of the pictures you are posting. It is so great that you have a mom that is a partner in crime like she is. I find it crazy to see temperatures in the 90's in October, but that is Florida for you. Looking forward to your next installment.

Same here. We have a reservation for California Grill on the 26. Only 10 more days. This is the meal I'm most looking forward to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom