Trip Report **COMPLETED** Snack and Back: Our Halloween Trip

Hello everyone!
I am back again from the World and I took a few more photos than last time well knowing I would actually write a TR :hilarious:

Who?
Back to just my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
520487817.jpeg

Where?
Back at the Contemporary. We were originally staying at BLT (not on points) but when the pass holder discount came out it was cheaper to stay theme park view at the Contemporary. No lie. It was nuts.

When?
October 3-6, 2019

Why?
We planned this trip well before our other trips with the idea of it being our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party trip :hilarious:

The Title?
If you followed me on Instagram you may know otherwise you will find out at the end :)

October 3, 2019
We got up at 3:30 am 🙃
We stayed at a hotel across the street from the airport so we saved ourselves some time aka more sleep :joyfull:
DSC_0338.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

We took a shuttle over to the airport and made it just around the time the Southwest Counter opened.
We made it through check in and security in less than 10 minutes.
Then we grabbed some bagels for a quick breakfast.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

After our breakfast we headed to our gate
IMG_6683.JPG

Z%EXFsDjTkC5RjPd8xUOfA.jpg

For once we boarded our plane on time and left on time :)
WrE7vzcNQGOycnXxjHUKSQ.jpg

Our flight went by very fast. I think it was 2 hours and 10 minutes and soon enough we were at MCO!
Fonorail time! We were standing so super awkward photos :hilarious:
DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

New airport picture? :joyfull:
DSC_0348.JPG

Next up: more travel

lindawdw

I just signed on to your TR and am loving it!!! It's so cute how you and your mom love traveling to WDW together! Your Halloween outfits are absolutely adorable and it looks like you had a great time at the party. :) I can't believe the crowds were so low as most of the parties have been maxed out the past few years according to the boards. The views from your balcony at CR are so perfect so it was definitely worth the wait until your room was ready. All your meals and F&W food pics look delish. So nice to take pool breaks when the weather is feeling so hot!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I just signed on to your TR and am loving it!!! It's so cute how you and your mom love traveling to WDW together! Your Halloween outfits are absolutely adorable and it looks like you had a great time at the party. :) I can't believe the crowds were so low as most of the parties have been maxed out the past few years according to the boards. The views from your balcony at CR are so perfect so it was definitely worth the wait until your room was ready. All your meals and F&W food pics look delish. So nice to take pool breaks when the weather is feeling so hot!

Thank you for all your kind comments! I have no idea how we lucked out with such low crowds - but it was great!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Unlike our last visit it was dead inside and we were seated early.
Food pictures:
cheese, bacon, cheesy potatoes, bread pudding, egg
IMG_6991.JPG

Waffles, bacon, cantaloupe, Mac and cheese
IMG_6992.JPG

Chicken, Mac and cheese, cheese, tater tots
IMG_6994.JPG

Pastries
IMG_6995.JPG

Overall the food was just OK. I don't really know why but everything was just a little off. It seemed like things were kind of stale and either overcooked or undercooked. We felt super bummed because this is the second time we left Trail's End disappointed (last time we didn't even get to eat there). We will probably take a little break from eating there for awhile.
After our brunch we needed to walk off some calories so we explored a little bit.
Fort Wilderness is nostalgic for us since we used to stay in the cabins so we were happy to walk around a little bit.
Ignore the giant stain on my shirt :hilarious:
fullsizeoutput_3ff8.jpeg

Cute little RV in the back
IMG_7002.JPG

IMG_7003.JPG

IMG_7005.JPG

IMG_7007.JPG

Next up: more randomness

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Boat back to the Contemporary
IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7009.JPG

We really could not decide what to do. We did not have any plans until the evening so we hemmed and hawed a bit until my Mom suggested we try the Skyliner. We were planning on doing it in the evening but figured why not try it while we had more time. In hindsight thank goodness for that decision since this was the night of the accident.
We took a bus to Hollywood Studios to pick up the Skyliner there
IMG_7012.JPG

DSC_0568.JPG

DSC_0569.JPG

DSC_0570.JPG

DSC_0571.JPG

DSC_0572.JPG

Our first car we shared with 4 other people.
IMG_7018.JPG

IMG_7019.JPG

It moved a lot quicker than we expected so you do get a decent breeze. We did, however, stop quite a bit which I would imagine was to load people who may not be moving as fast.

Next up: more Skyliner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_0578.JPG

DSC_0579.JPG

Everyone has to get off at the Caribbean and you have to chose where to go from there. You can go back to Hollywood Studios or to Epcot/Riviera
We decided to go to Epcot and we were alone on this ride
fullsizeoutput_3ffa.jpeg

DSC_0584.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

The views were so pretty! There was one spot where we were stuck for a few minutes and it did get pretty hot.
DSC_0592.JPG

DSC_0594.JPG

IMG_7031.JPG

IMG_7033.JPG

Overall we did enjoy our trip. I did get a slight headache and a little nauseous towards the end which is weird because I am not super prone to motion sickness. I think its just because they do swing a lot. I am nervous about riding them again after the incident. We both said we felt like the going to crash every time we pulled into the station so it did not completely surprise me to see it happen. However, I am sure they figured it all out since it is back open :)

Next up: Epcot

StitchSNK

Tardy to the party, but I'm following along! Loving your TR so far. I am excited to try the Skyliner on my next trip in December, but I can't imagine stopping in one in the heat of the summer months! Even 5 minutes would be a scorcher.

Minnesota disney fan

I am glad you didn't ride the gondolas when they stopped for up to 3 hours or more!!! That would be very uncomfortable. I feel sorry for those people trapped for so long. We were never going to ride the gondolas anyway because I am afraid of heights:_)
I love how you and your Mom co-ordinate your outfits!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Tardy to the party, but I'm following along! Loving your TR so far. I am excited to try the Skyliner on my next trip in December, but I can't imagine stopping in one in the heat of the summer months! Even 5 minutes would be a scorcher.

Aww thank you!!! I know - I would be worried about them in the summer but I think for this season they should be good !

I am glad you didn't ride the gondolas when they stopped for up to 3 hours or more!!! That would be very uncomfortable. I feel sorry for those people trapped for so long. We were never going to ride the gondolas anyway because I am afraid of heights:_)
I love how you and your Mom co-ordinate your outfits!

I know I feel terrible for everyone who was stuck!
I swear we do not intentionally coordinate :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
New Epcot security entrance
DSC_0599.JPG

We walked into Epcot and right into Mickey!
IMG_7042.JPG

And Goofy ! It was such an odd place for them but so cute :)
fullsizeoutput_3ffd.jpeg

Our main goal was to get our passholder coaters so we grabbed those and headed out. We debated about eating something there for lunch but it was packed so figured we would just grab something at the hotel.
IMG_7035.JPG

We mobile ordered ourselves a kids meal: chicken nuggets, fries, and fruit to share
IMG_7043.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

Oh...and a cupcake of course. This one I believe was chocolate with an an Oreo type filling. It was pretty good.
IMG_7045.JPG

Then it was pool time!
IMG_7046.JPG

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We can not sit still so after our pool time we headed to MK just because.
It was the opposite of low crowds this day so we just decided to wait in line for the Peoplemover. We waited quite a bit of time but .... worth it :)
DSC_0604.JPG

DSC_0607.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

We were stuck on there for awhile :hilarious:
DSC_0613.JPG

DSC_0615.JPG

Then sadly we had to say goodbye to the MK :(
IMG_7051.JPG

We took a bus from MK over to HS
537091885.jpeg

537091851.jpeg

We were on our way over towards Star Tours when we noticed that Olaf had a short wait so we hopped in line. By hopped in line I mean...there was literally no one in line. NO ONE :hilarious: We caught him fixing his feet :hilarious::hilarious:
537098865.jpeg

I made a Star Tour FP with no intention of actually using it but we figured we might as well
IMG_7057.JPG

Usually I get a headache on this ride but I escaped without one :) Also - we finished our adventure in Batuu which I thought was cool :)

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After Star Tours we headed over to our dinner spot: Mama Melrose's
IMG_7059.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

When we checked in we were told they were running about 15 minutes behind but we were seated right away :)
IMG_7062.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_7064.JPG

Oil and bread to start
IMG_7065.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

And for dinner my Mom got spaghetti and meatballs (correction - meatball - she asked for just one :hilarious: )
IMG_7069.JPG

And I had the charred strip steak with of course the amazing Mac and cheese :)
IMG_7068.JPG

Yum! Everything was great!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After Mama Melrose's we debated about what to do. We had a Cantina reservation but it was not for several hours after this. We were getting anxious about getting back to the room to finish packing so we decided to move it to a different day during our next trip. We did have a FP for Slinky Dog, though, so we went to Toy Story Land via Batuu. I picked out this jumper (after looking for days for an outfit) specifically for Galaxy's Edge so we made sure to stop and take some photos :)
IMG_7072.JPG

IMG_7076.JPG

IMG_7083.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7087.JPG

IMG_7089.JPG

IMG_7090.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

Unfortunately by the time we got to Toy Story Land Slinky Dog was closed :cry:
I think it was weather related but it was not very clear - maybe there was lightening somewhere? I was so bummed :( We LOVE Slinky Dog and we have been fortunate to ride it every trip up to this point. We were about to leave because it took forever to get a replacement FP but finally they released it and we deiced to do TSM.
IMG_7099.JPG

IMG_7101.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom