Trip Report **COMPLETED** Snack and Back: Our Halloween Trip

Hello everyone!
I am back again from the World and I took a few more photos than last time well knowing I would actually write a TR :hilarious:

Who?
Back to just my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
520487817.jpeg

Where?
Back at the Contemporary. We were originally staying at BLT (not on points) but when the pass holder discount came out it was cheaper to stay theme park view at the Contemporary. No lie. It was nuts.

When?
October 3-6, 2019

Why?
We planned this trip well before our other trips with the idea of it being our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party trip :hilarious:

The Title?
If you followed me on Instagram you may know otherwise you will find out at the end :)

October 3, 2019
We got up at 3:30 am 🙃
We stayed at a hotel across the street from the airport so we saved ourselves some time aka more sleep :joyfull:
DSC_0338.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

We took a shuttle over to the airport and made it just around the time the Southwest Counter opened.
We made it through check in and security in less than 10 minutes.
Then we grabbed some bagels for a quick breakfast.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

After our breakfast we headed to our gate
IMG_6683.JPG

Z%EXFsDjTkC5RjPd8xUOfA.jpg

For once we boarded our plane on time and left on time :)
WrE7vzcNQGOycnXxjHUKSQ.jpg

Our flight went by very fast. I think it was 2 hours and 10 minutes and soon enough we were at MCO!
Fonorail time! We were standing so super awkward photos :hilarious:
DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

New airport picture? :joyfull:
DSC_0348.JPG

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Y'all are rocking those mouse ears! Here for the fun!

We had them on for approximately one minute :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Lol as I scrolled through your first post, I thought “She has to be from Buffalo. That’s our airport, right?!” Kinda weird that I recognized the airport 🤣 Anyway, looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Woohoo! Another Buffalonian

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay - my sister had surgery so I was away with my Mom to help her and Max out
Day 1 continued
After Spaceship Earth we headed toward Food and Wine. We never seem to actually make it around the festival so I figured with our later arrival this day we could essentially start right there and spend our afternoon until our room was ready.
Our first stop was Flavors from Fire
We shared the The Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and Mushroom Slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, and a Truffle and Blue Cheese Potato Chip on a Brioche Bun
IMG_6703.JPG

It was pretty yummy!!!
Then we headed to our old favorite - Active Eats. The festival food we eat every time we go: Loaded Macaroni & Cheese with Pepper Bacon, Cheddar and Leeks
IMG_6708.JPG

It was so yummy !!!
Next up was the chocolate studio.
We got the Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel
IMG_6712.JPG

And the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka
IMG_6711.JPG

I would love to have some of that chai tea right now o_O Both things were delicious !
I should mention that it was super hot at this point. In any other circumstance we would have turned around and gone home but we didn't have a room to go to :joyfull:
So...we moved on to the Wine and Dine Studio for another old favorite of mine
Trio of Artisan Cheese
IMG_6716.JPG

We were walking along towards France when we remembered that Pooh was back in the UK and he had a short wait so we hopped in line.
IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

Then another PP picture on the way to France
535191204.jpeg

535191339.jpeg

Next up: more Epcot

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I just saw someone on IG who was there and their Halloween decorations looked so cute !

I have to admit, I’m really torn about it - I love their Halloween decorations, but it is a 4 hour train ride or a 5.5 hour drive. And my daughter would rather go to the last day of her horseback riding (day) camp, which means I would need to try and figure out which of her friends might have stayed in town for the school holidays, which is not likely to be many...

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
In France we stopped for a Grand Marnier Slushie
IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6727.JPG

I sent this picture to work and they were laughing at the guy behind me who looks like he is also drinking this drink :hilarious:
IMG_6736.JPG

Since we had this nice table in France I had my Mom stay there while I grabbed our next festival items
Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (from Brazil obviously)
IMG_6728.JPG

I tried to like this but I really didn't. It just doesn't have a ton of flavor.
Also we got the Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (from Belgium obviously). My Mom really like it. I'm not a big waffle person so I only had a bite.
IMG_6729.JPG

We ended up making a dining reservation for later in the evening while sitting there so we figured we should try only one more booth and save room for later.
We landed on Italy and tried the Ravioli Carbonara: Parmesan and Pecorino Ravioli, Egg Yolk, Cream, and Bacon
fullsizeoutput_3fac.jpeg

It was just OK....we agreed it was our least favorite thing that we tried.
Anyway...our room was surprisingly already ready so we headed to our last FP before heading out.
Frozen!
DSC_0373.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG

535247161.jpeg

And one more PP picture on the way out
IMG_6739.JPG

Next up: back to the hotel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I have to admit, I’m really torn about it - I love their Halloween decorations, but it is a 4 hour train ride or a 5.5 hour drive. And my daughter would rather go to the last day of her horseback riding (day) camp, which means I would need to try and figure out which of her friends might have stayed in town for the school holidays, which is not likely to be many...

Aww well there is always next year right?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Two monorails later we were back at the Contemporary
DSC_0383.JPG

The weird thing about our room was that the beds faced the opposite than normal. This meant we couldn't see the MK from our beds which is totally first world problems but a bit of a bummer.
Anyway...we were still super hot so we headed down to the pool.
IMG_6747.JPG

We jumped back and forth between the regular and the quiet pool. The quiet pool has the best views of the water
IMG_6748.JPG

IMG_6750.JPG

After our pool time we decided to walk to the MK. What's a first day without a MK trip?
We did not have a ton of time because the park was closing early for MNSSHP, but we knew we could make the most of it. We had about an hour :)
We stopped first for a PP picture
535510076.jpeg

Oh hey Max
IMG_6754.JPG

IMG_6757.JPG

The crowd levels were very low this day so I wasn't super surprised when I was able to pick up a Space Mountain FP :)
IMG_6762.JPG

535497720.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
I love that the Contemporary surprises everyone with this plate of chocolates. It's so cute!
IMG_6782.JPG

We got dressed for dinner and took some photos on our balcony
IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

DSC_0386.JPG

DSC_0387.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

Thankfully we did not have far to go for dinner. We were headed to California Grill! Again - low crowds. I picked up a 7:00 dinner reservation at like 1 pm :)
We headed to to check in and the line for the elevator was insane! There was a party of 20 or so waiting to go up and the elevator was moving slow. So, we took some photos with pirates while we waited.
IMG_6791.JPG

IMG_6793.JPG

Our table was ready well before we could make it up the elevator but the check in desk assured us they were aware. Apparently they were having trouble with the elevator for several days.
IMG_6795.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

Next up: more CG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
IMG_6810.JPG

Dinner Views
IMG_6827.JPG

IMG_6828.JPG

IMG_6829.JPG

IMG_6832.JPG

We were pretty exhausted by this point since we had been up since 3:30 am. We debated about getting a cocktail since we were so sleepy but couldn't pass up a blueberry lemon drop martini :hilarious:
IMG_6834.JPG

I swear I took pictures of the bread and our appetizer (Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli) but apparently I didn't so here are some old photos...
IMG_5632.JPG

IMG_5634.JPG

IMG_5635.JPG

For entrees I got the Oak Fired Filet of Beef with Aged Gouda Macaroni and Cheese, Grilled Sweet Onions, Sautéed Ice Spinach, Steak Sauce
IMG_6837.JPG

Next up: more CG

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Yum....it was super delicious. The Mac and cheese side did not disappoint either :p
IMG_6838.JPG

My Mom got the pepperoni pizza
IMG_6839.JPG

Yum! Everything was great! And I am pleased to announce no CG stomachache the next day like we sometimes get :hilarious:
After dinner we headed downstairs to see if we could see our balcony lights - if you look closely they are there!
IMG_6840.JPG

Then some balcony views before an early bed.
DSC_0395.JPG

DSC_0398.JPG

Next up: Day 2

Doc Disney

Original Poster
My favorite! It does look like you are sharing lol

Really? This was one of my favorite things! Goes to show you everyone has different tastes

Are you referring to the ravioli ? If so I think it was the bacon that got to me

Just catching up I last few days, great trip report as always.... I’m now craving mac and cheese though!

Thank you! I know I want some Mac and cheese too :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 October 4, 2019
We got up around 6:40 am. Partly because we went to bed early and also partly because I needed to make some FPs for our December trip :hilarious: We have a split stay in December so I was only able to make some of them. Also, my sister forgot she needed to buy Max a ticket or renew his AP so that held up some of my morning :p.
We were talking about what to do and I ended up finding a last minute Plaza reservation for breakfast in 25 minutes so we took it. The perk of being able to walk to the MK is knowing you can make something in 25 minutes :)
DSC_0404.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG

DSC_0408.JPG

Our reservation was actually at 8 am and the Plaza did not open until 8 am so we waited around until they opened
DSC_0409.JPG

DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

DSC_0414.JPG

IMG_6844.JPG

A light for you....
DSC_0415.JPG

We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.
DSC_0417.JPG

Next up: more Plaza

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

Food wise my Mom ordered the Mickey waffles (it comes with bacon, sausage, banana pastry and fruit)
IMG_6846.JPG

And I ordered an omelet with bacon and cheese with breakfast potatoes and a biscuit
IMG_6845.JPG

Yum! Everything was great!
After this we decided to see what the wait time looked like for 7DMT. The crowd levels were pretty low and even though the park opened at 7 (EMH until 8) the wait time was only listed as 35 minutes so we hopped in line.
IMG_6849.JPG

IMG_6853.JPG

In the end we waited less than 30 minutes !
Woohoo!
535782164.jpeg

I actually thought we were going to miss our Space Mountain FP but we ended up making it just at the end of our 15 minute grace window!
Ride number 2 (this trip)
535793743.jpeg

After Space Mountain we stopped for a PP picture at our favorite spot.
535873476.jpeg

535873314.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom