Smoking ban at Disneyland and Disney World thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisAl

Goes back to what I wrote earlier. Previously, the social norm was that smokers could puff away almost anywhere and anytime they pleased. It was just something that the rest of us were expected to tolerate without complaint.

However, now rather than expecting non-smokers to navigate a smoking world, we expect the dwindling number of people who still choose to smoke to avoid exposing others to something we find noxious. The social norm has changed, to the point where lighting up in the middle of a Disney park is like cutting in line or yelling during an attraction. It adds an unnecessary unpleasantry beyond what is now politely accepted.
I agree with you. Thankfully the social norm has changed now that it is understood just how harmful secondhand smoke can be.
I don't understand why my original post was deleted; I was not attacking anyone and it was definitely on topic. I guess the moderator was offended that I could even think that coughing on someone is no worse than being enveloped in a cloud of their smoke that caused the cough.
This reply will probably get deleted too.....

Gelatoni

Full smoking ban, yes... I am in favor.

It’s a bad habit , smells, gross in general.
So is over eating and sugar let’s ban them too! Let’s ban fat people too they take up more space on rides! (I’m fat before anyone gets upset) Also the tour groups that chant! ( this is all sarcasm)

But seriously everyone has bad habits let everyone live their lives let the smokers have an area out of the way. As a non smoker I couldn’t careless what people do if they have somewhere to do it. Walt smoked like a train it was his right and anyone else’s.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

So is over eating and sugar let’s ban them too! Let’s ban fat people too they take up more space on rides! (I’m fat before anyone gets upset) Also the tour groups that chant! ( this is all sarcasm)

I get what you are saying but I am not likely to be directly affected by an obese person eating a bowl of sugar wearing a tour group shirt. However, my health IS directly affected by the self-important jerk standing in the line with me smoking, standing in the walkway smoking, walking ahead of me smoking, etc.

Just some perspective...

Lilofan

I get what you are saying but I am not likely to be directly affected by an obese person eating a bowl of sugar wearing a tour group shirt. However, my health IS directly affected by the self-important jerk standing in the line with me smoking, standing in the walkway smoking, walking ahead of me smoking, etc.

Just some perspective...
I have a sensitive nose. I can smell if the other person that reeks of cigarette smoke

G00fyDad

I have a sensitive nose. I can smell if the other person that reeks of cigarette smoke

Me too and I used to be a smoker 25+ years ago. It makes me gag now. I seriously do not know how other dealt with my smoking. I never did it around others and tried to stay conscious of where my smoke was going while outside. But the smell now makes me sick.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

With all the "bug trouble" right now? Is it really time to go after "the smokers"? Look at it this way - if they try to actually smoke? They are going to set mask, and face, on fire :).
Hate.gif

ddbowdoin

But seriously everyone has bad habits let everyone live their lives let the smokers have an area out of the way. As a non smoker I couldn’t careless what people do if they have somewhere to do it. Walt smoked like a train it was his right and anyone else’s.
Last time I checked someone indulging in an ice cream near me didn’t increase my chances of cancer.

carnini

I liked the ban the last time I visited in the fall. I can remember several times where people where smoking not in a designated area. I think the outright ban makes it much easier to not have to deal with it.
A huge plus, my kids dont have to breath it in.

RoadiJeff

I didn't think about it at the time and only now did I realize it. Our most recent trip to WDW was 12/2019. I do not recall having to breathe the obnoxious fumes of secondhand smoke the entire week we were there. A BIG thank you, WDW! Now please see to it that the ban continues to be enforced. 👍

clarabellej

First of all vaping is just plain stupid & IMO says something about the people doing it, mainly kids.

Smoking. Jeez. People still smoke??? Again, stupid or sadly addicts that cannot kick the highly addictive habit.

I had a brother like that. He had a stroke and died when he was 65.

No smoking in the parks should have happened ages ago. I remember sometimes taking the back walkway behind then Mickey’s Toontown Fair at WDW toward Space Mountain. There was a smoking spot back there. So gross.

Now my next pet peeve is the alcohol. I’ll refrain from going into a complete rant over that.

Will say that the deceased brother drank too. I think that sums it up.

Disney is no place for either of these vices. And I feel for those that cannot contain their addictions long enough to enjoy the parks without them. Or need them in order to enjoy the parks. Sad really.

And shame on Disney for cashing in on it all/as far as selling the alcohol. It is pretty disgusting.

Ok, I’ll stop.

clarabellej

Oh yes, & I get that the post is about doing away with the smoking areas and that they’ve banned smoking all together (which I think is the way to go), but in remembering my brother who died at 65 (he drank & smoked), I just realized Walt Disney died of lung cancer at 65.

I think that says it all. It is a wonder they didn’t ban it much sooner.

It is a disgusting habit and I feel for the people that cannot stop. I know how my brother tried and failed.

I remember when I was about 8, we took an Amtrak from TX up the East coast. People smoked like chimneys back then. It was a nightmare. And all you could do was try & breath.

Times have changed.

And how will people be smoking if they have to wear a face mask now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom