Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrungo

Let's ask the real questions - where are the inconspicuous spots we can get away with it?
Yes, let's make a list. Don't worry, these secrets are safe with me.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Rogue1138

A Very good point. It depends on what "outside the park" means. Does "outside the park" literally mean "past ticketing"? Or does it mean "past Security"?

Past ticketing (MB scanners) - not so bad. People can exit & re-enter multiple times per day.
Past Security? Well, people will still exit & re-enter multiple times per day. Think "airport". The increased load on Security is a bad idea :(.

Just past the MB scanners, INSIDE Security, will, in my opinion, result in far LESS "sneaking", a lower load on the bag check CMs, and higher compliance.

Outside MK there's a smoking spot next to the bus stop bathrooms. If they made that spot the main designated spot that's not a quick run through the gates. That's a bit of a hike, especially if you have a very loving and patient family waiting. This will lead to people sneaking.

Now if it's past ticketing and before security, I think there's less instances of it. That's also a double edged sword though because now you're closer to interacting with incoming crowds.

Overall, I think Disney is going to have an issue for a bit.

jaxonp

Misinformation. Singapore Airlines (SIA) has the longest flight, taking nearly 19-hours from Singapore to Newark, New Jersey. After that, it's Qatar's 17.5-hour Auckland to Doha route. Then there's Qantas' 17-hour non-stop flight between Perth and London.

Maybe that's what the kids have, but like I said - most vapers wouldn't touch the Juuls and Blus. Or maybe it wasn't a vape you were smelling... 🤔

Now you're getting it! 👏

Great that supports the case that people can make it that long! What’s the longest a theme park is open to close?

BoarderPhreak

It actually does. If someone can go that long on a plane without it, they can do the same at Disney in a shorter time span. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it less true.
In what way? If humans can be on a plane for 18 hours and not smoke then they can be anywhere, including a theme park in this case, for the same amount time. I don’t know how it could be any clearer.
Are you guys even listening to yourselves? On one hand, you're presenting this nonsensical comparison and on the other you're wondering how people could possibly choose not to go to Disney because of the new rule(s). You're grasping justifications out of the air at this point. 🤣

Unlike a plane, you can smoke and vape in the parks at a moment's notice.

Last edited:

draybook

Are you guys even listening to yourselves? On one hand, you're presenting this nonsensical comparison and on the other you're wondering how people could possibly choose not to go to Disney because of the new rule(s). You're grasping justifications out of the air at this point. 🤣

Unlike a plane, you can smoke and vape in the parks at a moment's notice.

I'm not doing anything. The ban is coming. Cry all you want, it's done. I didn't care if people smoked in sections away from pathways but Disney has decided to cut it out completely. All the arguing you want to do with me here does absolutely nothing in the real world.

You can smoke and vape on a plane as well. And just like at the park, you run the risk of being caught and possibly punished. Personally, I hope they kick people out if they're caught smoking after this takes effect. What's that line that we all say here and in all aspects of life? Oh yeah, "follow the rules"...

Calmdownnow

May I ask one serious question. If smokers don't mind walking to some secluded section in the back of the park then why is there so much hate about walking outside the gates to use the section out there. If its not at opening, the gates don't get that backed up to where it would be a problem. Just wondering, what would be the difference between walking all the way to the back of the park instead of all the way to the front of the park?

Assuming this is a genuine question, the answer is that if you spend a whole day in MK,you are probably adding 2.5 miles of walking to your smoking-area visits (assuming 4 or 5 smokes in a 10-12 period) on top of the 6 miles you are probably already doing to tour the park over a full day, particularly as the train is not working at the moment because of construction, so you can't hitch a ride to the front of the park. This is just the MK. Similar distances will also apply at EPCOT and AK.

But they are also planning to implement this at the waterparks. Given that they are unlikely to let you exit with the rental towels wrapped around you, your choice as a smoker is to exit the park in your swimwear only or take a trip to your locker and get dressed every time you smoke. And again, over a full-day, for many smokers this may be 4 or 5 times in the course of a day.

Of course, you always have the choice of taking your business and money elsewhere.

draybook

You sound like a pleasure to be on vacation with . 😎

I am. I say thank you, please, excuse me, etc. I don't run into people with our strollers and I don't give people second hand cancer. I choose to stand for women, children and the elderly and I follow the rules laid down by Disney. It seems that bothers you and others. Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

ImperfectPixie

I'm not doing anything. The ban is coming. Cry all you want, it's done. I didn't care if people smoked in sections away from pathways but Disney has decided to cut it out completely. All the arguing you want to do with me here does absolutely nothing in the real world.

You can smoke and vape on a plane as well. And just like at the park, you run the risk of being caught and possibly punished. Personally, I hope they kick people out if they're caught smoking after this takes effect. What's that line that we all say here and in all aspects of life? Oh yeah, "follow the rules"...
According to the Sentinal article, there will be no punishments.

Let us know when she owns the land and has the authority to strike the decision down.
Her point isn't invalid. Snarky remarks don't do anything other than decrease a person's credibility.

Calmdownnow

I say thank you, please, excuse me, etc. I don't run into people with our strollers and I don't give people second hand cancer. I choose to stand for women, children and the elderly and I follow the rules laid down by Disney.
Me too. I no longer use strollers. I don't give you second hand cancer when I smoke in an isolated designated smoking area that, if you look at your park map, you don't enter. I stand for anyone who is less able to stand than me and I have followed the rules laid down by Disney.
What I don't understand is why a) those rules are being changed to disadvantage me as a paying guest; and b) why you would celebrate that fact. Why do you have such intolerance to me?

CLEtoWDW

Honestly, having the designated smoking areas have always reminded me of smoking and nonsmoking sections in restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom