Smoke in the area?

rlaeromech

Any recent reports of smoke from fires in the parks?

Heading down there tomorrow and saw a news report about fog and smoke off I-75 in gainseville. Hope its not at the parks. Had that happen one year at AK and it was not pleasant.

HookEmHorns

I don't have anything relevant to the current state of WDW and the smoke you speak of but I do remember one year I was staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and we woke up to the hotel filled with smoke. Little did we know that the entire Disney World property was covered in a thick layer of smoke from a brush fire near by. It was a really interesting time at Disney lol.

Upvote 0

rlaeromech

Original Poster
I don't have anything relevant to the current state of WDW and the smoke you speak of but I do remember one year I was staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and we woke up to the hotel filled with smoke. Little did we know that the entire Disney World property was covered in a thick layer of smoke from a brush fire near by. It was a really interesting time at Disney lol.

This must've been the same time we were there. It was terrible. Thick smoke, you could hardly breath.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Any recent reports of smoke from fires in the parks?

Heading down there tomorrow and saw a news report about fog and smoke off I-75 in gainseville. Hope its not at the parks. Had that happen one year at AK and it was not pleasant.

There were some "controlled burns" in Alabama, smoke from which was expected to drift west and north (I'm outside Atlanta and we were affected), but I don't know if any of that had made it's way to the Gainesville area....:shrug:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There were some "controlled burns" in Alabama, smoke from which was expected to drift west and north (I'm outside Atlanta and we were affected), but I don't know if any of that had made it's way to the Gainesville area....:shrug:

How would smoke from Alabama heading north and west get anywhere near Atlanta? :confused:

Upvote 0

erstwo

How would smoke from Alabama heading north and west get anywhere near Atlanta? :confused:

:lol:

Maybe they just got their directions mixed? Pretty easy to do if you're in Georgia - from Atlanta, pretty much everything is west of you, except Atlantic beaches and pine trees. :D

As an aside - do the words 'smoke' and Gainsville give anyone else the creeps after that terrible series of wrecks on 75 this past January? Every time I'm down there, I still can't drive past that section of interstate without feeling mildly freaked out. We drove down the week after and there was one section of road where the asphalt was still melted from the car fires. I'll never forget it. I will never again drive through the night to arrive at WDW, especially when I am alone with the kids. Drive safely people!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom